Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What new (or old) guns should you guys like to see

OP SergeantCaleb56

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would like some of halo reach's unique weapons back. Personal opinion.
All the Brute weapons, Flamethrower, Incendiary Grenade, Plasma Launcher, and Sticky Detonator.
possibly the brute weaponry alongside of flamethrower.

Brute shot was just a beast in multiplayer when got used to it, melee boost against covenant was pretty nice too to fit in with the big blade on the model. Shame melee boost wasn't added to other weaponry, in campaign, later on when more brute weapons were added in Halo 3.

Like the spiker looked like it could have had damage boost given it had almost axe blade type things below it, brutes just seem the type that would use their ranged weaponry to occasionally savagely beat opponents to a bloody pulp so it could be a brute weapon specialty as variation to simple gunplay.

Surely there are some weapons that could return designs from earlier points in the franchise like beam rifle looked best in Halo 2 & needler from Halo Combat Evolved has never really been topped by artistic design, as few examples but that could be for different topic alltogether.
For me, I just prefer the classic look of a lot of the weapons. Halo CE's classic Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol and first-person Needler look far better than the dull, overcomplicated redesigns we saw in Reach (and have seen ever since). The Halo 3 Energy Sword beats anything that followed it. I pretty much just want a return of these classic weapons with their appearances and sounds akin to their more unique original appearances. The sleek, shiney designs are so Covenant to me, and much more distinct from UNSC weapons than their Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo 5 and Anniversary counterparts.
Needle rifle and spike grenades for me.
I would like some of halo reach's unique weapons back. Personal opinion.
all brute weapons and dual wielding
All the stock weapons ,none of the variants and attachments.
As for the changes that are so extreme it makes them practically a new weapon (i.e. Pistol) then make both, jsut change the name such as this is the pistol and this is the magnum.
First and foremost the Pro Pipe, the Reach version not the mindless Halo 5 version. None of the later weapons ever held a candle to it. Sticky det, railgun, and hydra never got anywhere close.

Also on my list is the Focus Rifle replacing the god awful purple sniper reskin that is the Beam Rifle. I'd like to see the Needle Rifle get another change over the Carbine. Also a true successor to the CE Plasma Rifle that comes with plasma stun, a headshot multiplier and decent base accuracy, whether it looks like a Plasma Rifle, Storm rifle, or repeater I don't much care.

I also wouldn't mind seeing what a turbocharged version of the Halo 2/3 Magnums would actually feel like. The Gunfighter in H5 was close but I don't like the accuracy penalty. I just want to see what a close range, scopless precision weapon might be like and like the Plasma Rifle I don't much care what form it takes, it could look like a Spiker for all I care.

Mostly I just want to see Halo weapon sandbox have more interesting gameplay mechanics besides having 12 different takes on "X Faction's version of Y Existing weapon." We can and should expect more.
HaXoR73 wrote:
All the Brute weapons, Flamethrower, Incendiary Grenade, Plasma Launcher, and Sticky Detonator.
This and dual wielding.
I'd like to see the Needle Rifle and Plasma Repeater come back along with the Brute weapons. Never really liked the Storm Rifle. I'd also like weapons to have their more traditional appearances from 3 & Reach. Can't stand how they redesigned the BR and DMR... they look just awful.
I think the UNSC weapons are very well hashed out and shouldn’t change much, with the exception of the SAW. I don’t like it’s appearance or rate of fire. I would like to see the old-style Halo 2 turret (M247) be used in place of the SAW as a machine gun-type power weapon, with slower rate of fire and higher damage.

Covenant weapons need an overhaul in my opinion. Several posters above me are on the same page as me, regarding weapons from Reach. I would make the following changes to the Covenant weapons sandbox, to increase variety and fill niches not already in the UNSC weapon sandbox:

Plasma Repeater in place of the Storm Rifle, maybe a bit smaller in size and more SMG-like than it’s Reach version.

Needle Rifle in place of Carbine, with useful range somewhere between the BR and DMR

Storm Rifle reimagined to be a medium range, semi-auto, non-headshot plasma weapon. Best way I can describe this is a hybrid between the current Storm Rifle, Carbine, and Plasma Pistol, complete with an overcharge ability. Fired normally it would shoot as fast as you could pull the trigger until overheated, firing fast-moving green plasma bolts. Overcharge would be a headshot capable hitscan projectile, like the Carbine, with the ability to drain shields in 2 shots, the down side being moderate cool down time and battery drain.

Focus Rifle as it appeared in Reach, with a little more power at long range perhaps. Something to give it a usable range just short of the UNSC Sniper Rifle but sort of nerf it’s close range lethality.

Beam Rifle with visuals more like Halo 2 and 3, but with higher rate of fire, one zoom level (5x or 6x) and requires two headshots to kill, or 3 body shots. Battery should hold 20 shots instead of 10 to compensate.

Keep Plasma Pistol, Needler, Fuel Rod Gun, and Plasma Caster unaltered.
lemon cup wrote:
I think the UNSC weapons are very well hashed out and shouldn’t change much, with the exception of the SAW. I don’t like it’s appearance or rate of fire. I would like to see the old-style Halo 2 turret (M247) be used in place of the SAW as a machine gun-type power weapon, with slower rate of fire and higher damage.

Covenant weapons need an overhaul in my opinion. Several posters above me are on the same page as me, regarding weapons from Reach. I would make the following changes to the Covenant weapons sandbox, to increase variety and fill niches not already in the UNSC weapon sandbox:

Plasma Repeater in place of the Storm Rifle, maybe a bit smaller in size and more SMG-like than it’s Reach version.

Needle Rifle in place of Carbine, with useful range somewhere between the BR and DMR

Storm Rifle reimagined to be a medium range, semi-auto, non-headshot plasma weapon. Best way I can describe this is a hybrid between the current Storm Rifle, Carbine, and Plasma Pistol, complete with an overcharge ability. Fired normally it would shoot as fast as you could pull the trigger until overheated, firing fast-moving green plasma bolts. Overcharge would be a headshot capable hitscan projectile, like the Carbine, with the ability to drain shields in 2 shots, the down side being moderate cool down time and battery drain.

Focus Rifle as it appeared in Reach, with a little more power at long range perhaps. Something to give it a usable range just short of the UNSC Sniper Rifle but sort of nerf it’s close range lethality.

Beam Rifle with visuals more like Halo 2 and 3, but with higher rate of fire, one zoom level (5x or 6x) and requires two headshots to kill, or 3 body shots. Battery should hold 20 shots instead of 10 to compensate.

Keep Plasma Pistol, Needler, Fuel Rod Gun, and Plasma Caster unaltered.
Nice gamer tag and emblem, very fitting

Also I like the take on making covie weapons fit where unsc doesnt. Like the focus rifle and needle rifle. They hit that between spot thats lacked by the unsc
Who else wants the old br back?
I do.

Also I'd like to see some technological evolution of the Brute Mauler, a sort of large revolver/shotgun weapon. That'd be interesting.
Me.
This might sound silly but I don't think there is any reason for us not to get all the weapons and vehicles we have seen in previous games.
If they have the MA37 assualt rifle, with the fire rate, magazine size, and damage output as the MA5D in Halo 5, then I'm set.
I'd like to see both the BR55 and the BR85N return from Halo 5. Having both had subtle differences, and each had thier own strengths. Having a couple different pistols would be cool too: standard magnum, and the gunfighter magnum were awesome from Halo 5. I'd like to see a return of the original Plasma Rifle from CE, and maybe even the Plasma Repeater from Reach.
Me.
I like the new and the old one. Having both in Warzone/Warzone Firefight was cool, each had different strengths. I use the BR55-Halo 2 for mid to long range due to its higher magnetism at range, and the BR85-Halo 5 for mid to close range for its higher rate of fire.
Give me a brute shot and I’ll be happy. We definitely need some brute weapons coming back
I'd like to see everything back to the game, from all eras. I think it is possible to make even the "redundant" guns distinct enough with some changes on the guns stats.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2