Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What's Something That You're Hoping Will Be In HI?

OP TRILLEST MIKE23

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'll name just three things.

• I really want MP maps that have interactive environments like H2A had. Such an amazing fun feature and super satisfying (activating a huge energy shield for short time, making water run down for cover, shooting at ice and making huge chunks drop down onto enemies, etc) Halo 4 even had one map that did it too.
  • I aIso want all forms of any ADS style zooming gone. The animation aka the look, buffs, everything! I absolutely hate how it looks. Bring back the old style system with an updated look.
  • An ODST style firefight.
Obviously there's lots more one can say, but I'll keep the list short this time lol
General:
  • HW2, Reach or H2A art style for our alien friends (full trust in the new director and his team!)
  • Framerates, physics and AI over pure graphical impact
  • More vehicle focused gameplay
  • No AMM as base functions | We need some other type of innovation that compliments the fundamentals of Halo instead of changing them [Ceramic Pigs]
  • Reintroduce SA and equipment as limited power ups on the map
  • 4 player splitscreen for every mode (including campaign and ff) [Ceramic Pigs]
  • More level interaction (destructible map parts and ground, movable objects, working radios and TVs, holograms, you can open windows, break lights and glass, use man canons, grav lifts, deactivate light bridges... The world needs to feel alive!)
  • ADS is just an alternative zooming animation without mobility or aim assist effects. Player can choose between zoom and smart-scope for every single weapon
  • Dual wielding with secondary functions like stun or EMP (balance between power and functionality)
  • H2 style BR (in terms of looks and functionality) replacing H5 BR (instead of coexisting) [Ceramic Pigs]
  • You can shoot and throw grenades trough teleporters [AMERICAN SAY10]
  • Full personalization of the HUD:
  1. Color
  2. Size
  3. Position
  4. Reticle for every gun
  5. Helmet on screen
  6. Left or right handed
  7. FOV
  8. Opacity & fade-out
  • Reach like UI with cross list menues instead of image boxes and slow loading cards
  • And of course: EVERY MODE WORKS OFFLINE! ☺
Campaign:
  • Open and wide level-design with mission structure
  • Multiple secondary objectives per mission
  • Enemy AI focus
  • Variety of enemies that require different strategies to take down instead of just being a bunch of bullet sponges [Happy Place8166]
  • I'd love to see all the Halo species represented in the game, especially those that we haven't seen for a while [Lady Owl]
  • A lot of factions (Cortana's Covis and Promethean, Banished, Forerunner, UNSC and Flood for example)
  • Cortana's direct warning message to most sapient species is affecting everyone. I would love to see how each species is reacting to it and who might join forces [Lady Owl]
  • Simple commands for friendly AI Instead of squad mechanics: point and click at the NPC and than at a vehicle seat or gun f.e.
  • Less reliance on extended lore (for the benefit of new players and more casual fans) [Happy Place8166]
  • Terminals (a nice reward for the extended lore fans) [Happy Place8166]
  • less fights being played out in cut scenes (let me do it!) [Happy Place8166]
  • bring back regular marines and ODSTs (I feel like H5 replaced them with S-IVs, which effectively ignores the other UNSC branches) [Happy Place8166]
  • Better story without space magic librarian prophecies and yoink. Thank you! ☺
  • A supporting cast we actually care for. No Palmer, cocky SIV, Del Rio or Osiris teams for instance, more characters on the level of Arbiter, Halsey, Lasky and Srgt. Johnson.
  • A well written antagonist, and I don't mean ~evil Cortana~ of course
  • Get rid of ~evil Cortana~, fast
  • More militaristic themes
  • Better body language and animations during cut scenes
Multiplayer and customization
  • No REQ or any other RNG unlocks. Get rid of burnable cards and crates. Don't introduce blinking store buttons like in GoW4 screaming "We want your money"! Generally speaking all annoying forms of gambling system and tactics!
  • Linear progression system for cosmetics. A mix of Reach credit system and H3 skill based unlocks:
  1. Every level you unlock a handful armor sets
  2. Use in-game credits to unlock them
  3. Make it less grindy than Reach though, more skill based unlocks and credits earning
  4. Special and legendary armor are bound to hard achievements only
  5. Skins and cosmetic add-ons for armor and weapons are unlocked by using the piece during MP matches
  6. You have to introduce MTs? Make a store for special animated skins and weird helmet add-ons of the stuff we unlocked. Also announcer, callout voices and armor effects. There are many ways to make money without ruing a whole game like GoW4 or a complete mode like in HW2 guys! 🤓
  7. Less is more! Make every armor stand out for its own!
  8. Black under-suite as a standard and/or color customization
  • Ability to play mp against bots [Ceramic Pigs]
  • Interesting map design
  • A good mix between symmetric and asymmetrical level design, at least for small and mid sized maps
  • All classic modes at launch
  • Invasion mode with different classes and races
  • Reach like firefight and/or beast mode
  • H3 inspired BTB
  • Huge maps with weird gimmicks
  • H2 like 4v4 and slayer matches
  • End card focused on your PG and stats without kill Cam or silly poses
  • Let MP be MP, no need for it to be a canon simulation...
  • Recon button layout as a standard - it's a stupid and small thing, but less COD from the get-go the better
Forge:
  • IT WORKS OFFLINE! ☺
  • H5 as base inspiration
  • Better UI navigation
  • At least 12pt Fonts on screen (or let us change font size)
  • New tools like mirror and grid lock
  • AI in custom modes
  • Animation paths for props and AI
  • Automatic torrets
  • Poses for AI and NPCs
  • Custom sound effects via mic
  • Interactive pieces like doors, windows, light, gravs and bridges
  • Enhanced coding
  • 4 player split screen forging and 8 players online or lan
  • Flat landscapes, land can be deactivated, land creation and sculpting tools
  • Flowing water FX [Resolved Reaper]
  • Interchangeable skyboxes
  • Map and mode combination for simplicity in sharing
  • Custom browser and custom matchmaking
  • Personalized loadouts (limited to Forge and Invasion)
  • Stuckable SA and power-ups
  • Full control over damage output, weapon stats and splatter damage
This is how a killer application should look like imho!
I just hope they bring some focus to the story. H5 set up so many things that introducing things like the Flood would add just too much to come to a satisfying closure/progression of the story.

If they should bring back something. It would be somebody. Marty O'Donnell.
Possibly long term support for the game(like Halo 5 but continuous and adding new content instead of missing content). That would be my hope for a Halo game!
Flood Survival Mode
Benderpig wrote:
Possibly long term support for the game(like Halo 5 but continuous and adding new content instead of missing content). That would be my hope for a Halo game!
The problem is resources. ☺ Normally devs and publisher hold content back to save time and money, but also due to quality control.

On the other hand when you really create a steady stream of new content on a schedule bugs and unplanned issues are bound to happen. This was a huge problem with HW2 and getting a new leader all the time made it hard to test them out correctly before the new one came out - together with a bunch of issues and exploits. Not to mention it was a RTS and adding to an existing faction in games like that is a hell lot easier task than adding balanced maps, game modes or even weapons to a shooter. 😅

So rather than a H5 or Gears4 approach, I rather see a single yet fairly big update every four to six months or so. It also helps to have a common date every so often. So players get interested again in case they left shortly after release.
. . .
If you're talking about cosmetics and general "RNG gambling creates super special guns and yoink skin REQ" stuff... No. Just... Just no.
I have high hopes for Halo Infinite and I do hope that Warzone and Warzone Firefight do stay along the ride and move through Halo 5 and into Halo Infinite. I also hope game modes like Super Fiesta stay also (might need req system to function though). I also hope that the Flood make a return in Halo Infinite. It would also be cool to see the way one of Cortana's guardians get destroyed maybe by the UNSC Infinity or even the Shadow of Intent (Cool return for R'as Vadum AKA. Half Jaw).
As I've said in other forum posts, I'll focus mostly on campaign/story:
- classic art style (not an absolute must-have, but pays homage to the original games)
- open levels that let me explore
- a variety of enemies that require different strategies to take down instead of just a bunch of bullet sponges
- playable Elites
- less squad based mechanics
- less reliance on extended lore (for the benefit of new players and more casual fans)
- terminals (a nice reward for the extended lore fans)
- longer campaign than H5
- less fights being played out in cut scenes (let me do it!)
- bring back regular marines and ODSTs (I feel like H5 replaced them with S-IVs, which effectively ignores the other UNSC branches)
- dual wielding
- bring back the Flood (not gonna make that an ultimatum for 343i, but there's so much that could be done here)

I could make a list a mile long, but these are the ones off the top of my head
(in no particular order)
-classic movement
-every essential playlist at launch (ranked and social)
-more focus on casual players (taking out thruster packs would help this a lot imo)
-classic firefight
-H2 style BR (in terms of looks and functionality) replacing H5 BR (instead of coexisting)
-good campaign
-Reach customization but expanded upon
-free DLC
-4 player splitscreen for every mode (including campaign and ff)
-ability to play mp against bots (far fetched but it would be cool)
-some other type of innovation that compliments the fundamentals of Halo instead of changing them (why abilities are a bad thing)
-forge objects that don't look 1) like plastic (H5) or 2) all grey (Reach and H4)
-realistic looking armour
I agree with the most common wishlist items that others have already mentioned, so I'd like to mention some personal wishes not mentioned:

- I'd really love to see all the Halo alien species represented in the game again, especially those that we haven't seen for a while, or at all from 343. I know this runs the risk of undesirable redesigns/interpretations and errors, but I miss the variety and charms each species brought to the table, whether through gameplay or story elements and cutscenes.

It's obvious that with where Halo 5 left off, and Cortana's direct warning message to most of the sapient species of the Galaxy, that this event is affecting everyone and I would love to see how each species is reacting to it and who might come together to join forces to fight against it.

I've always loved the Covenant side of things, and especially enjoy the idea of more cooperation between the species and how it would allow us to see more than just the Human side of things. I understand if not all species can make it into the game, but it also feels like lost potential and a waste to not at least involve those species that held so much influence in the war and past events such as the San'Shyuum, Jiralhanae, and obviously the Sangheili, and we've seen through extended lore that there are individuals from each of those species who are willing to work together peacefully aside from the Arbiter.

Having each species represented also offers the opportunity for them to make an appearance in a Fire Fight mode, or (while this is a personal niche of mine) the opportunity to have more playable species similarly to how Gears of War or Doom allowed for people to play as multiple species. I doubt anything like that would happen, especially when just getting playable Elites back on the table has been a struggle, but it's still a neat feature that has come to mind over the years. The idea of playing as a Grunt or a Hunter has a lot of appeal to me.

Other than that:

- I'd also enjoy the option to fully customize my Spartan, as in a character creation option, though I guess that option depends on what kind of campaign and game modes we get.

If we have something similar to Reach where we can play as our own Spartan in the campaign, or if we had alternate modes like Spartan OPs, Firefight, or even something entirely new to follow the current trends of other games and making these "Live Services", then I'd at least like the ability to create an actual character (customize a face, hair, and all that good stuff).

We've had somewhat similar, yet "scattered" options throughout the Halo games (playable characters in ODST Firefight with or without helmets on and multiple voice options in Reach) so it's not a stretch to bring those all together to create a new, and in my opinion, enjoyable option of having our own personal Spartan, even if we only ever see the face in a hub like setting or cutscenes.
I could make a list a mile long,
but these are the ones off the top of my head
Like I did before? 😀

Yeah, there is ton of stuff the fans are demanding. This shows how badly 343i and MS studio under Don Matrick's era knew and understood the playerbase. I hope the Halo studio restructured like it is now and with the new Xbox directors we get finally a proper Halo game, outside of HW2 that is!

PS: later I would take your and Owls suggestions and add them to my list of I may. ☺ Suggestions and wish lists are rampant on this forum and I'm sure at least some devs are reading our opinions!
I could make a list a mile long,
but these are the ones off the top of my head
Like I did before? 😀

Yeah, there is ton of stuff the fans are demanding. This shows how badly 343i and MS studio under Don Matrick's era knew and understood the playerbase. I hope the Halo studio restructured like it is now and with the new Xbox directors we get finally a proper Halo game, outside of HW2 that is!

PS: later I would take your and Owls suggestions and add them to my list of I may. ☺ Suggestions and wish lists are rampant on this forum and I'm sure at least some devs are reading our opinions!
Go for it! I really hope they are using Waypoint as a data mining tool of sorts to find a writing direction. They can't please everyone, but there are some universally enjoyed aspects of the game that I have seen discussed over and over again on these forums
I'm hoping for a little more RPG elements; dialogue and conversation with characters; big, open environments; side objectives; explore the Infinity (if it takes place there at all); let us choose a loadout before campaign missions (or in the world if it's open-world).

Speaking of loadouts, let us customize our weapons; put a reflex scope or a silencer on the SMG; make modifications to the Assault Rifle to make it more like Halo 3 or Halo 1. Stuff like that.
A co-op campaign would be nice.
Probably gonna be an unpopular opinion but id like to be able to add various attachments to the basic weapons. Not unlike the req versions of the AR, BR, DMR, and Magnum
I'm hoping for a little more RPG elements; dialogue and conversation with characters; big, open environments; side objectives; explore the Infinity (if it takes place there at all); let us choose a loadout before campaign missions (or in the world if it's open-world).

Speaking of loadouts, let us customize our weapons; put a reflex scope or a silencer on the SMG; make modifications to the Assault Rifle to make it more like Halo 3 or Halo 1. Stuff like that.
Probably gonna be an unpopular opinion but id like to be able to add various attachments to the basic weapons. Not unlike the req versions of the AR, BR, DMR, and Magnum
See to me I have no problem with those ideas, but not in the main Halo game series. It sounds way too RPGish and frankly just not Halo style. I want the main series to look, play and sound like how Halo has always been.

When I read comments like these, they just scream side game in the Halo universe (like Halo Wars) which I'd be ALL for honestly. Just my two cent :)

See to me I have no problem with those ideas, but not in the main Halo game series. It sounds way too RPGish and frankly just not Halo style. I want the main series to look, play and sound like how Halo has always been.

When I read comments like these, they just scream side game in the Halo universe (like Halo Wars) which I'd be ALL for honestly. Just my two cent :)
Couldn't agree more. This are all ideas I would love to see in the Halo-verse overall, but certainly not in the main series. Let's cross fingers for ODST2 at this point!
Wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4's multiplayer but I did think that Extraction was a cool game mode. And like a lot of others have said a customization system similar to Halo Reach as well as the UI. I think Reach's UI is the best in the series. Im not a huge fan of MCC's or H5's UI design. I think Reach had the best menu's and navigation and Infinite should return to it.
It'd be fun to be able to throw grenades and shoot through teleporters and it come out the other side. I've tried doing this in every Halo multiplayer since the beginning haha
It'd be fun to be able to throw grenades and shoot through teleporters and it come out the other side. I've tried doing this in every Halo multiplayer since the beginning haha
You're a yoinking genius! 😂

And yes, we all tried it since HCE. It would be a nice touch to add in Hi, at least imho!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4