Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Species Should Return in Infinite?

OP Ima Gana Killya

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've been playing Halo for 15 years and I've seen many species included and then removed from games. That being said, of course there are some basic species that are obviously going to be included but that doesn't mean every species will make a return. That being said, what species should return, what species should be cut, and what new species would you like to see in Halo Infinite? Mine are:

To Return
  1. Elites
  2. Brutes
  3. Drones
  4. Jackels
  5. Grunts
  6. Hunters
  7. Sentinels
  8. Flood
To be Cut
  1. Skirmishers
  2. Engineers
  3. Prometeans
  4. Profits
New Enemies
  1. Flood Juggernaut
Quote:
4. Profits
They already said there will be no microtransactions 😉

In all seriousness though, I think I'd like to see the Moa boss battle that got cut from Reach fully realized
All.
Here are mine.

To be added:
Grunts
Elites
Jackals
Skirmishers
Hunters
Brutes
Engineers
Drones
Mules (big animals in Nightfall level of Halo Reach)
Those bird things in Halo Reach. I somehow forgot their names.
Flood Infection form
Flood Combat form of all the Covenant species I listed above. (However that would be a bit of a stretch)
Flood tanks
Flood Juggernaut
Flood Carrier form
Promethean Crawlers
Promethean Soldiers
Promethean Knights
Promethean Watchers
Sentinels (including the gold Sentinel Majors from Halo 2.)

To be removed:
I don't want any to be removed. I just want more added.

New enemies
I'm no creative genius. I have no idea.
I hate the Promethean enemies. I think most people are not a fan of them and they don't make sense on a Halo ring.
Quote:
4. Profits
Lmao thanks for the laugh 😂

On topic, definitely bring everything back. They could have jackals and skirmishers just like Reach since they do have different fighting styles. I really liked how ODST would have the two different Hunters in a pair. One fired cannons while the other fired the beam. They should bring that back
  • Unggoy: very likely as even the Halo Infinite page in Halopedia has their species under the "Species" category.
  • Kig-Yar: Being mercenaries, they may see Cortana's offer as an opportunity to get what they want. They have to (as much as I hate them)
  • Prometheans: They're the backbone of Cortana's forces, why wouldn't they?
  • Humans, Sangheili & Jiralhanae: I see these three species as enemies and allies (minus Brutes). Thing is, Cortana's basically ruling through fear, like the Galactic Empire, and these 3 species could join her due to that. Still, we'll definitely have Human allies. Sangheili allies, I don't know, but we'll likely have the aid of the Swords of Sanghelios if Cortana threatens to occupy Sanghelios.
  • Sentinels: Given that the game is likely to take place in Zeta Halo, Sentinels are pretty much a must. We could see them as allies if the monitor chooses to oppose Cortana, but we could simultaneously see them as enemies, as Cortana could potentially hijack them.
  • Lekgolo: I have absolutely no idea about their conditions as to whether they join or rebel to Cortana.
These are the species that are the most likely to appear in Infinite, as they're either part of Halo's combat or story. But I will talk on the others.
  • The Yanme'e. They're like the Lekgolo for me. No idea about their stance about Cortana.
  • Flood: Enemy or not, they have to return. This is Zeta Halo we're talking about. Even if there's reports that go in-depth about at least some of the experiments performed by the Forerunners at the Palaces of Pain, I'll be happy.
  • Skirmishers: They're pretty much gone and I doubt We'll ever see them again in the games.
  • Huragok: These species are pretty passive. They're pretty much enemies in ODST and Reach because they were forced and had no other option. I don't like killing these cute bois. If we see them in Infinite as enemies, it may be because they had no choice. (poor bois)
  • Profits: Nah man, Micros are back and they're overthrowing Cortana. Once they fire the Halo rings, ya gotta pay 0.25$ per step.
  • San 'Shyuum: These guys pretty much disappeared as well from the games, so I think they're unlikely to return.
Quote:
4. Profits

In all seriousness though, I think I'd like to see the Moa boss battle that got cut from Reach fully realized
Nope, MTs are most probably in the game, seeing how 343i are hiring experts in this sector since (at least) early 2018. What Franky said - over a year ago - was that there wouldn't be PAID lootboxes in Halo Infinite. Whatever that means in regard to overly exaggerated grinding, in-game credits, REQ packs, booster packs and all those annoying game ruining garbage, well... we don't know yet. And most probably neither does 343i for now. :^P
I hate the promethean enemies but otherwise i like most types. Skirmishers were fun if used right and Engineers made a normal scenario more complicated which could be fun. Drones are an enemy type i want to see different variants of, their usage sometimes didn't seem as well integrated as other Covenant types.

H3 tried to do new things with the flood but i felt those new varients played clunky and didn't fit the more horrific / parasitic feel of the original types.
H2 fleshed out sentinels a bit more, i'd want to see more of that.
H3 made the Brute hierarchy more interesting, but i'd like to see them more brutal and chopshop like the H2 brutes or H3 vehicles.
Having some Prophets in the gameplay would be cool, like the like the blink powers when fighting Regret.
What i would like to see is more creatures that run parallel to the fight like the Moa in Reach or the creatures in the E3 2000 trailer.

It's unlikely given how the trajectory of Halo is going but i would love to see new Covenant species.
Skirmishers
To be removed:

The limited number of skirmishers that The Covenant had convinced to join them were wiped out (or almost wiped out) during the battle of Reach.
Again I point to Bungies statements about the gear and enemies seen on Reach , but not after , and how they reconcile these inconsistencies: "Reach was a Military test bed for the U.N.S.C. and had many prototype technologies not found any where else (AAs) , The Covenant were convinced Reach was our Home or Base of operations , so they sent everything they could throw at it. A lot of these specimens from both sides never made it off Reach."
Mules and Moa (The bird things) were native to Reach , they may not exist any where else in the universe , I don't personally know.
The Sentinel Majors were part of Alpha Halo , (if I remember correctly , some one tell me if I am wrong please) , one of the few remaining Halos of the original 12 that had not been "re-issued" by the Ark at the time of it's destruction at the end of Halo 2. Could be why we haven't seen Major Sentinels any where else.
Sunsdune wrote:
The Sentinel Majors were part of Alpha Halo , (if I remember correctly , some one tell me if I am wrong please) , one of the few remaining Halos of the original 12 that had not been "re-issued" by the Ark at the time of it's destruction at the end of Halo 2. Could be why we haven't seen Major Sentinels any where else.
It wasn't Alpha Halo, it was Zeta Halo, Installation 07, which was part of the original array.
I'm confused. What do you mean "re-issued" by the Ark and it's destruction at the end of Halo 2? Delta Halo nor the Ark were destroyed in Halo 2 and 3, respectively.
I'd say it's due to other circumstances. Major Sentinels were only encountered in the same environment as the Enforcers: Flood-controlled regions, or at least zones which the Flood was dominating. We couldn't have seen any in CE due to the idea not being there at the time, nor Halo 3 because the situation never called for it, and even if it did, it was likely too late for them to really do anything. That or Bungie just dropped plans for it. But this is my belief, at least.
I want brutes and flood back
I did thought of some new enemies one time. Here are the following two on the list:
• Raiders (horned devil-like species)
• Overlords (previously referred to as Cyclops) [cyclopsian species with a dinosaur-like tail]
Sunsdune wrote:
Skirmishers
To be removed:

The limited number of skirmishers that The Covenant had convinced to join them were wiped out (or almost wiped out) during the battle of Reach.
Again I point to Bungies statements about the gear and enemies seen on Reach , but not after , and how they reconcile these inconsistencies: "Reach was a Military test bed for the U.N.S.C. and had many prototype technologies not found any where else (AAs) , The Covenant were convinced Reach was our Home or Base of operations , so they sent everything they could throw at it. A lot of these specimens from both sides never made it off Reach."
Mules and Moa (The bird things) were native to Reach , they may not exist any where else in the universe , I don't personally know.
Ah ok. Bringing back those specific species would make no sense story-wise. Perhaps they can be brought back through other means, such as a return of the Firefight mode so we can fight against these species. Except for Moa. Fighting Moa would be ridiculous.
Sunsdune wrote:
Skirmishers
To be removed:

Ah ok. Bringing back those specific species would make no sense story-wise. Perhaps they can be brought back through other means, such as a return of the Firefight mode so we can fight against these species. Except for Moa. Fighting Moa would be ridiculous.
They don’t have to be just fought in Firefight mode. They can also be fought in the campaign levels which is what he was trying to say.
Sunsdune wrote:
It wasn't Alpha Halo, it was Delta Halo, Installation 07, which was part of the original array.
I'm confused. What do you mean "re-issued" by the Ark and it's destruction at the end of Halo 2? Delta Halo nor the Ark were destroyed in Halo 2 and 3, respectively.
I'd say it's due to other circumstances. Major Sentinels were only encountered in the same environment as the Enforcers: Flood-controlled regions, or at least zones which the Flood was dominating. We couldn't have seen any in CE due to the idea not being there at the time, nor Halo 3 because the situation never called for it, and even if it did, it was likely too late for them to really do anything. That or Bungie just dropped plans for it. But this is my belief, at least.
You are right , it was Delta. Now that you say it , it clicks. It was part of the original array , it had not been .....re-made , reconstructed , re-issued before being "put on stand-by" at the end of Halo 2. I forget it wasn't destroyed until later. (Sorry , not a huge campaign player , have played them several times , but the individual beats of each game kind of flow together for me).

What I was trying to say , is that the Sentinel Majors may have been a creation , for or by the original Halo array , of which only one Ring and the lesser Ark we have had the opportunity to explore. Maybe that is why we have only seen them in Halo 2. They were created to protect the original rings and we have only explored one original ring.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
It wasn't Alpha Halo, it was Delta Halo, Installation 07, which was part of the original array.
You are right , it was Delta. Now that you say it , it clicks. It was part of the original array , it had not been .....re-made , reconstructed , re-issued before being "put on stand-by" at the end of Halo 2. I forget it wasn't destroyed until later. (Sorry , not a huge campaign player , have played them several times , but the individual beats of each game kind of flow together for me).

What I was trying to say , is that the Sentinel Majors may have been a creation , for or by the original Halo array , of which only one Ring and the lesser Ark we have had the opportunity to explore. Maybe that is why we have only seen them in Halo 2. They were created to protect the original rings and we have only explored one original ring.
Well, we explored 2 rings and the lesser Ark.

Halo CE - We were on Alpha Halo
Halo 2 - We were on Delta Halo
Hale 3 - We were on the Lesser Ark.

Also, I think all the rings and the Lesser Ark are part of the second 10km diameter Halo array and the only ring in the array from the original 30km array is Zeta Halo which lost 20km in diameter in the Forerunner Flood War and became part of the second Halo array that we have been on in the games. I could be somewhat incorrect because the Halo lore is a little jumbled and I know far too much Star Wars lore that there just ins't enough room to remember everything about Halo lore.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:

My mistake. I meant Zeta Halo, not Delta. Delta is 05, Zeta is 07.... I'm so sorry.
I don’t see why they don’t add as many as they possibly can. The more the merrier.
I don’t see why they don’t add as many as they possibly can. The more the merrier.
Because the flow of the game will be disrupted. Too much of a good thing isn't good, it's overwhelming. In a campaign story which Halo Infinite is reported to be where anyone can jump in and understand what is happening, too many species can and will overwhelm newer players. While the more experienced players would get it, some things need to be cut because of this. Because there is a good chance several species won't make an appearance in HI, I wanted to get a feeling as to since some species will likely be cut, which ones would the players rather have over others.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3