Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Species Should Return in Infinite?

OP Ima Gana Killya

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
All original flood forms from Halo 2 and Halo 3 is a must in my opinion (if somehow the plot includes the flood, of course).
Legitsky wrote:
All original flood forms from Halo 2 and Halo 3 is a must in my opinion (if somehow the plot includes the flood, of course).
Yes I agree. I can't imagine that with HW2 expansion bringing back the flood that they won't be in Halo Infinite to some extent. Also with Zeta Halo's history.
I would actually like to see more on the San 'Shyuum. I really feel they're culture was never fleshed out enough.

It's possible too. Although High Charity and it's intire population of Prophets was destroyed... they potentially still have their home planet out in the galaxy. And I am aware that the star of their home planet supposedly went supernova (or as the lore would say, "collapsed"), however I don't believe this.

The likely hood of any star just exploding without previously creating uninhabitable conditions on the planets surface would be low. Unless it just happened to be at the very end of its life cycle in the red giant phase creating a planetary nebula, the only other believable type of supernova would be a type 1 supernova which would require a white dwarf binary system. (Basically the white dwarf gains enough mass from eating its partner star reaching a thing called the chanderzeker limit and explodes) but this is thrown out the window when we see that their star was a single G type star (sun like and probably in a similar stage).

So unless some weird Forerunner magic destroyed the star, it was a political stunt to say the solar system was destroyed in my eyes. The Prophet remain!
the humans
the humans
Human are overrated. Their in almost every video game and we're forced to play them.
I hate the Promethean enemies. I think most people are not a fan of them and they don't make sense on a Halo ring.
I personally love the Promethean enemies. I think they have an interesting design. I'd actually like to see them expanded upon as in one or two new enemy types.
I hate the Promethean enemies. I think most people are not a fan of them and they don't make sense on a Halo ring.
I personally love the Promethean enemies. I think they have an interesting design. I'd actually like to see them expanded upon as in one or two new enemy types.
Well, as I qualified the statement that "most people" are not a fan then you're one of the minority on the promethean enemies. I don't mind their design but I hate the way they move and when fighting them they feel more like bullet sponges than anything. They also feel like an incomplete faction.

They have crawlers, soldiers, knights, and observers. It only makes sense to kill the observers first because they revive dead enemies and put up a protective shield. Then you kill crawlers, then soldiers, then knights. It is the same thing over and over. 4 total enemies.

The covenant are grunts, elites, brutes, hunters, jackels, skirmishers, and buggers. You can kill these in basically any order but to put it in Johnson's words, it makes the most sense to kill "the little bastads up front", then the "big ones in the back". They also have several vehicles. 7 total enemies.

The Flood have infection forms, infection carriers, human combat forms, elite combat forms, brute combat forms, and 3 different pure flood forms. These you can kill in literally any order and don't feel like bullet sponges if you're using the correct weapons which are always provided. 8 total enemies.

The Prometheans only have one unique vehicle, their weapons all feel mostly like human weapons that have homing capability and they are the only faction of enemies that weren't expanded upon since their introduction to the game. I don't include the Warden Eternal since he is a boss fight and I didn't include any other boss fights like the Phrophet of Regret in Halo 2. That is just my opinion as to why I don't like the Prometheans. Basically, they are repetative, they were never expanded on, their weapons are basically human weapons, and they are an incomplete faction with the smallest number of enemies out of any other group.
Well, as I qualified the statement that "most people" are not a fan then you're one of the minority on the promethean enemies. I don't mind their design but I hate the way they move and when fighting them they feel more like bullet sponges than anything. They also feel like an incomplete faction.

They have crawlers, soldiers, knights, and observers. It only makes sense to kill the observers first because they revive dead enemies and put up a protective shield. Then you kill crawlers, then soldiers, then knights. It is the same thing over and over. 4 total enemies.

The covenant are grunts, elites, brutes, hunters, jackels, skirmishers, and buggers. You can kill these in basically any order but to put it in Johnson's words, it makes the most sense to kill "the little bastads up front", then the "big ones in the back". They also have several vehicles. 7 total enemies.

The Flood have infection forms, infection carriers, human combat forms, elite combat forms, brute combat forms, and 3 different pure flood forms. These you can kill in literally any order and don't feel like bullet sponges if you're using the correct weapons which are always provided. 8 total enemies.

The Prometheans only have one unique vehicle, their weapons all feel mostly like human weapons that have homing capability and they are the only faction of enemies that weren't expanded upon since their introduction to the game. I don't include the Warden Eternal since he is a boss fight and I didn't include any other boss fights like the Phrophet of Regret in Halo 2. That is just my opinion as to why I don't like the Prometheans. Basically, they are repetative, they were never expanded on, their weapons are basically human weapons, and they are an incomplete faction with the smallest number of enemies out of any other group.
Thank you for the in depth rundown. If I’d never played a Halo game before in my life, I’d surely know what to expect now. I never said “You’re wrong, I love Prometheans!” so there wasn’t any need to qualify or justify your statement. You’re allowed to have your opinion just like I’m allowed to have mine. Lol.

Thank you for the in depth rundown. If I’d never played a Halo game before in my life, I’d surely know what to expect now. I never said “You’re wrong, I love Prometheans!” so there wasn’t any need to qualify or justify your statement. You’re allowed to have your opinion just like I’m allowed to have mine. Lol.
Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to target you just clarify my post.

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to target you just clarify my post.
You’re good, no worries. I was just being sarcastic. I get what you’re saying. I personally just like the added depth and dimension that the Prometheans added. It was a bit of fresh air. Something that we hadn’t seen. I think their development could be iterated and improved upon for sure, give them some more depth, but I’d like to see their return. Their engagements brought a certain level of strategy to fights. Like you said, identify the Watchers and take them out first cause they Hardlight, resurrect, and throw grenades back. But it broke it up a bit. I liked that Knights were super tanky. I think they could expand on them more.

Now if we’re saying if you could have The Flood back or the Prometheans, I’d take the Flood in a heartbeat.
Question: What Species Should Return In Infinite?

Answer: Yes.
All

Your forgot Engineers.

Sorry for double post. Don't know how to edit a quote in.
They will 100% be in the game but I'm really not a fan of the Prometheans. Something just doesn't feel right to me about them. Having said that, I do love the Halo 4 campaign. I'm all over the place :D
X19Doug95 wrote:

Your forgot Engineers.

That's true, I guess you do fight some engineers in ODST. I left them out forgetting that they were something you shoot in the games.
All of them. The more the merrier!
Ideally, we'd see all of them. That's my opinion anyway.
I would like to see the brutes return, but I’m not quite sure how that would be possible besides adding the banished faction. Another enemy or possible ally that would make sense to add are the enforcers from Halo 2. Also since their was wildlife in the trailer they may as well add Moas and gutas back in the game.
I really hope they get rid of promethians, I cant stand them and they just ruin the game in my opinion.
X19Doug95 wrote:

Your forgot Engineers.

That's true, I guess you do fight some engineers in ODST. I left them out forgetting that they were something you shoot in the games.
Also Reach? at least that one firefight map had them
All of Them and all Factions from Every Halo Game for one final time just one huge Clash just like Avengers Endgame. =]
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3