Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Species Should Return in Infinite?

OP Ima Gana Killya

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I would like to see the Skirmishers return. Hope to see new types of Prometheans too!
I would like to see the Skirmishers return. Hope to see new types of Prometheans too!
Noooooo. don't bring back the skirmishers or the Engineers. They were the 2 most annoying species of the Covenant
I personally hope the flood return
Quote:
4. Profits
They already said there will be no microtransactions 😉

In all seriousness though, I think I'd like to see the Moa boss battle that got cut from Reach fully realized
I think he meant the term "Prophets"
I would like each type of species we’ve seen in all the games to make a return in some fashion, not just as enemies. For example: it’d be cool to see Huragok that aren’t supporting the enemy faction(s) which could be allies of yours or are just encountered in the environments, and it would be awesome to see Moas and Gutas again as part of the wildlife on the Halo ring. Also, I’d like to see more wildlife like the Blind Wolves and Thorn Beasts in addition to the deer and wooly rhino-like animals we’ve seen in the trailers. Basically, I’d love to see more “life” brought to the Halo ring.
I personally hope the flood return
Well, flood are pretty annoying too XD
Bring back the flood and the brutes. These new games feel lonely without those familiar faces.
Legitsky wrote:
Bring back the flood and the brutes. These new games feel lonely without those familiar faces.
I'm hoping the Banished will be one of the enemy factions present in Halo Infinite.
omarlotrc wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
I'm hoping the Banished will be one of the enemy factions present in Halo Infinite.
I'm low key hoping for that too.
I don’t see why they don’t add as many as they possibly can. The more the merrier.
Because the flow of the game will be disrupted. Too much of a good thing isn't good, it's overwhelming. In a campaign story which Halo Infinite is reported to be where anyone can jump in and understand what is happening, too many species can and will overwhelm newer players. While the more experienced players would get it, some things need to be cut because of this. Because there is a good chance several species won't make an appearance in HI, I wanted to get a feeling as to since some species will likely be cut, which ones would the players rather have over others.
I’d have to disagree. Halo has always been a sandbox shooter. The bigger the sandbox, the more fun that can be had. The more enemies there are, the more varied and dynamic the gameplay will be. With a larger sandbox of enemies, it is possible to have hundreds of different and unique encounters. Just contrast the enemy encounters of Halo CE with the ones in Halo Reach, a sandbox that is intentionally made smaller can only limit the versatility of said sandbox. Bigger is not always better, but in this case, I firmly believe that it is.
I don’t see why they don’t add as many as they possibly can. The more the merrier.
Because the flow of the game will be disrupted. Too much of a good thing isn't good, it's overwhelming. In a campaign story which Halo Infinite is reported to be where anyone can jump in and understand what is happening, too many species can and will overwhelm newer players. While the more experienced players would get it, some things need to be cut because of this. Because there is a good chance several species won't make an appearance in HI, I wanted to get a feeling as to since some species will likely be cut, which ones would the players rather have over others.
I’d have to disagree. Halo has always been a sandbox shooter. The bigger the sandbox, the more fun that can be had. The more enemies there are, the more varied and dynamic the gameplay will be. With a larger sandbox of enemies, it is possible to have hundreds of different and unique encounters. Just contrast the enemy encounters of Halo CE with the ones in Halo Reach, a sandbox that is intentionally made smaller can only limit the versatility of said sandbox. Bigger is not always better, but in this case, I firmly believe that it is.
Mostly I just don't like the Promethean enemies. I think they need to be cut or greatly redesigned to be a more completed variable faction. I think Halo 2 had a great sandbox. It felt complete and engaging. Halo 4 and Halo 5 felt shallow and uniteresting.
I want the flood, skrimmages, engineers and the banished in Halo 6. I'm also REALLY hoping a new race is introduced. Maybe The Banished meet them and join forces or they hire them or something.

Noooooo. don't bring back the skirmishers or the Engineers. They were the 2 most annoying species of the Covenant
They we're annoying but that's why I want them back.T actually made things interesting at times ;)
Mostly I just don't like the Promethean enemies. I think they need to be cut or greatly redesigned to be a more completed variable faction. I think Halo 2 had a great sandbox. It felt complete and engaging. Halo 4 and Halo 5 felt shallow and uniteresting.
I can understand that. Personally, I think the biggest issue with the Promethians is that they don’t work well when they are the sole faction you fight against. The Flood in Halo CE and, to a lesser extent, Halo 2 and 3 had a similar problem. Imo, some of the less fun levels in the franchise are the Flood or Promethian only levels. Halo 3 somewhat alleviated this problem for the flood by giving them more variants and behaviors, so I’m hoping Infinite can provide the same for the Promethians. As it is, the Promethians face the same problem the Flood in Halo CE did: they aren’t good at being the main course. What I mean by this, is that they can be lots of fun while they are interacting with other factions, mainly the Covenant, but they become less enjoyable when they are the sole hostile element in a level.
As long as there's Elites and grunts saying the same ol'/some new IWHBYD lines, and throwing in some knights for some challenging fights here and there, I'm good with w/e.

Jackals however can get thrown in the trashcan for all I care....especially the jackal snipers.....especially them.
I can understand that. Personally, I think the biggest issue with the Promethians is that they don’t work well when they are the sole faction you fight against. The Flood in Halo CE and, to a lesser extent, Halo 2 and 3 had a similar problem. Imo, some of the less fun levels in the franchise are the Flood or Promethian only levels. Halo 3 somewhat alleviated this problem for the flood by giving them more variants and behaviors, so I’m hoping Infinite can provide the same for the Promethians. As it is, the Promethians face the same problem the Flood in Halo CE did: they aren’t good at being the main course. What I mean by this, is that they can be lots of fun while they are interacting with other factions, mainly the Covenant, but they become less enjoyable when they are the sole hostile element in a level.
Yeah, Prometheans haven't been expanded on since the first game. Fighting them in Halo 4 is the same as fighting them in Halo 5.
As long as there's Elites and grunts saying the same ol'/some new IWHBYD lines, and throwing in some knights for some challenging fights here and there, I'm good with w/e.

Jackals however can get thrown in the trashcan for all I care....especially the jackal snipers.....especially them.
Sniper jakals aren't the worst enemy as long as it is at least a 2 shot kill or at least miss once? Those things are totally leathal and will pop you in miliseconds before you can even react.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3