Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What to expect in July?

OP Sesu546

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Given that they’ve been working from home, I’m hopeful they can put together a solid campaign demo in time. Demos for E3 are usually finalized months in advance and therefore use older builds. Since we saw the opening cutscene last year, they should have a slice of the campaign playable for them to show off. I just want to see how it plays! That’s it. And maybe confirmation that we’ll be fighting the Banished. Also, announce flighting. Just because they’ve been working from home I’m going to set my expectations low, but hope for the best.
Gameplay, flighting announcement and release date
Keeping my expectations low. What's the least you could show off, without actually revealing anything?
  • Show environments without players or npc'c
  • Use music from the game
  • Have people talk about the game without meaningful revelations
There you have your E3 2020 tease, see you for the holidays.
At the very least, a release date lol
I would love for the opening scene to start with "you ever gonna tell us how you made it off the Ark?" and Johnson says "Sorry Chips, that's classified" then promptly squashes an infection form. Our favorite badass alien killing machine then goes on to narrate the whole Infinite presentation. We then find out its classic gameplay, playable elites, the req system is gone, classic firefight is a key feature and can be forged, everything will release launch day, armor customization is better than reach, the flood is back, the game is going to be M RATED with lots of horror aspects, and the campaign is completely fixed aprox 20 hours long with plenty of replay-ability.
I'm pretty sure if they don't show any actual gameplay (doesn't matter if it's single player or multiplayer) people are going to "riot" per say. I think the backlash Microsoft would get from that would be very, very harsh!

So for me and I think most people, number one is to see actual gameplay footage. Everything after that I think is kind of bonus.

I also think they will announce some type of beta date as well. I would say a release date but part of me kind of thinks they won't do that just because they don't really know what's going to happen with covid (along with every other company and most people in the world...)
I'm pretty sure if they don't show any actual gameplay (doesn't matter if it's single player or multiplayer) people are going to "riot" per say. I think the backlash Microsoft would get from that would be very, very harsh!

So for me and I think most people, number one is to see actual gameplay footage. Everything after that I think is kind of bonus.

I also think they will announce some type of beta date as well. I would say a release date but part of me kind of thinks they won't do that just because they don't really know what's going to happen with covid (along with every other company and most people in the world...)
I agree, we can infer enough about the story from what we’ve seen to last us for a while, but they’ve practically starved us on information when it comes to the gameplay mechanics.

And the sooner they can nip these sprint/no sprint arguments the better, then this forum can actually move on from the constant speculation to proper discussions.
I have a feeling that we will get an initial trailer showcasing story details, which would then instantly jump into gameplay.
I am expecting gameplay from campaign and multiplayer.
I expect a short trailer which explains the context for the scene, and that trailer then blends into a 5-10 minute gameplay demo.

Microsoft knows they have to show gameplay, and I mean REAL gameplay (HUD, in-game perspective, etc). The "next-gen reveal" event earlier this month showed some genuinely interesting games, but it got overshadowed by the controversy around the Valhalla "gameplay reveal" which had zero actual gameplay.

This July event is the culmination of 5+ years of work by the "new Xbox" team under Phil Spencer. They've created an amazingly powerful next-gen console, created an amazing service in Game Pass, and now they need to show the final leg of that three-leg table...GAMES.

The July event HAS to be impressive if Microsoft wants to compete toe-to-toe with Sony in November.
We create a new spartan straight out of augmentation. Custom face, hair, and armor color. We get to level up our own spartan through war games in multiplayer and through spartan ops in a co op story.
Well, what I want is a more classic Halo experience without any advanced movement mechanic what so ever, especially not sprint. That said I don't want a H3.5 either, some neat innovation is always welcome! Make the game feel faster, weapon up all the time doesn't mean it needs to feel sluggish! Bring back dual wielding (played H2A recently and yes, the balancing is a hue issue, but damn me if it's not fun to use)!

Something Halo did better than any other FPS outside of Source based games is how extremely modular the game is. You can morph Halo in almost everything you want as long as the weapon balancing of the given map allows it. And we have Forge to ensure it allows it!^^ I want Halo's modularity to be a pillar for multiplayer again and I don't think it's possible whit advanced movements forced to the base mechanics, because if that's the case than most weapons won't work well without sprint and trust. Not to mention that vehicles would once again become more important and not just a way to travel faster. Overall I hope to see even more options and personalization! AI in forge, more scripts to work with, destructible pieces and surfaces, interactions with the map (doors, bridges, moving platforms, cranes and such)... With the right tools Hi could really become, well, infinite!

On the SP/Firefight side of things I would like to see a semi-open world campaign structure with secondary missions. To make such a kind of level design work the world must feel alive imho. In other words it needs to be filled with interesting things to see and to interact with, and I mean much more world interaction as well as AI based ones! Soldiers reacting to the surroundings, wildlife acting to your actions and physic based objects to act like "puzzles" to unlock special weapons or get some goodies as well as destructible environments to help you out in battle. I also wanna see a reintroduction to armour abilities, but as pick ups (I want them to be the logical evolution to equipment basically and not tied to loadouts). Long story short, I want to see a quite different Halo, however I would appreciate the evolution to be tied to the sandbox, environment and AI interaction over forcing modernisation upon the base mechanics if that makes any sense!

That's what I want, what I expect however is a different story. The most obvious outcome would be a Halo 5-esk title on a gameplay level, just with a brush of classic paint job over most objects/characters and some minor mechanics like ground pound, stabiliser and Spartan charge left on the chopping board. I guess the campaign will still be half-open world though, meaning you get from mission to mission by travelling the ring, but the actual mission will be a classic level, just with the 343 touch so that everything is going to feel a lot more linear than it should be. I also hope you like ADS, sprint, climber and thrust because those are going to stay imho! :P

But hey! This time we're getting a H5 with the Banished as the main enemy forces and probably the Flood down the line, so at least the battles will be a hell lot more interesting this time around. I'm also sure that the story won't be half-baked again (even though solving the "evil Cortana" plot with grace is going to be impossible no matter what) and the wildlife might be an interesting addition as well! it's just sad that the gameplay will feel like Crysis again and not like a real Halo experience. Maybe we're lucky though and some good Samaritan will mod the yoink out of this with some good ol' fashioned classic gameplay rebalancing. Get Hi for PC is what I'm basically say'n!
I am hoping for at least a 30 minute Halo-focused event. Aside from Infinite, maybe also give us a trailer + title for that Halo show.
Hopefully for some gameplay footage for campaign or multiplayer. Also, having fresh new information about the game with release dates and info about the beta (if it's happening).
Definitely has to have a campaign demo. Release date, multiplayer beta, and maybe a sneak peak at some new multiplayer content. I’d also hope at that point, they announce some collector editions.
I expect... A cinematic trailer, some campaign and then multiplayer followed by an ending and the news that a beta is online following the broadcast...
It's literally 'next' month now. :)
I am very excited to see the upcoming Halo Infinite on July 2020. I am still hoping that 343 Industries will show at least five or ten minutes of gameplay footage from the Halo Infinite campaign levels and multi-player levels.
I hoping that it is a solid gameplay reveal. Based on what we have been told, that should be the case. While the May Xbox event didn't quite meet expectations, assuming they used that feedback, the July event should hopefully flesh out Infinite and give an in depth view around how it is going to look during the beta and after launch.
Absolutely need a cinematic trailer to kick things off. This will be important to raise awareness/hype beyond the hardcore fanbase already tuning in.They need to do this well because part of the Series X launch is dependent on raising hype around this console exclusive specifically.

Beyond that, we better be getting some real in-game playing footage. I understand they might want to keep campaign a surprise, but then give us some real footage of playing MP. Call out a few general things that are different vs H5, show us some cool brand new additions, and maybe showcase what they're doing with the online UI.

Regarding a potential beta test. Given the announcement is in July, I am not sure how exactly that could work with a holiday launch goal. Say they announce the beta program is going to start almost immediately (sometime in July) and will only last a short amount of time (I forgot what previous ones were like - two weeks?). Does aggregating data, reviewing feedback, and deciding on how to incorporate it into the final product give 343 enough time? In other words, does a beta test this soon before launch really result in the benefits of conducting a beta test with players? Would be more of a preview for fan appeasement at this point vs. a traditional beta test?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3