Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What type of mission you want in Halo Infinite?

OP SectionUnity

THINK CREATIVELY

I know a majority of people will want that usual "Open battlefield, land or air" type of mission. But we know Halo has much more creativity in their missions than just that. If you could use your imagination, what type of mission will you want to play in Halo Infinite? For motivation, make it sound like a mission every player could enjoy. You can be simple or descriptive about it and why.

- For me, I would want to battle on the UNSC Infinity either planet side or in space. There is nothing we do with the Infinity at all. Maybe have Cortana's forces attack. This will be more half ground, half vehicle, part space combat, hour/2 mission. Chief is commanded all around the Infinity walking through corridors or taking vehicles over large pathways. There will be events like defending hangars or other important rooms rounded around vehicle and infantry combat. And at one point, you'll be commanded to defend out in space either in turret or taking a space ship. An event to capture the mission's entertainment would be taking a Mammoth to force your way through an over-runned large pathway like did they in Halo 4 to get to an important room. However the mission ends, idc. It would be a fun heck of a mission with so many opportunities.
I want big level designs. Basically o want a mission where we work with Miranes again, i personally miss them.
I'd like a mission where we play in a guerrilla style, sneaking around with a sniper rifle, killing a few, blowing up a supply depot and then running.
I would like a level where you just drive a Warthog. No shooting, no Covenant or Promethean's. Just you, your Warthog, and a couple of marines, going from objective to objective, exploring the beautiful scenerary and getting a close look at the wildlife on the Halo ring on 343i's absolutely stunning Slipspace engine.
A level that begins with a Warthog convoy, fighting sparse groups of Created forces while exploring open terrain scattered with layers of ancient Forerunner architecture. Objectives set up in a non-linear fashion, similar to the lost Marines from CE, deactivating security protocols to access a central chamber.

After a close quarters infantry section inside the chamber, deactivating the final security barrier reveals that beneath the entire level was an enormous Retriever Sentinel that emerges from the ground, demolishing the terrain you had been driving across up to this point, leaving you to take it down using a combination of ground and air forces.
Ok, I have a thought about just a specific type of mission. It would be similar to the library in Halo CE where there are lots of "hold this position" but instead of during that time you play as the MC, you play the Pilot from the trailer who has to open the door for the Cheif. What would be even better is you never see it coming. Maybe the Pilot and Chief have to get an Index or something and you start out playing as Chief, but when the door doesn't open, the Chief tells the pilot he'll stay here and hold this location while you find a way to open the door. Then, in the middle of the mission, BOOM, you're the pilot.
Call me crazy, I know this is extremely unlikely, and I know it’s crazy, but what if:
Halo Mission: Chief finds himself on the Halo ring, near the Infinity crash site(assuming it crashed) and goes to it. Inside, there are a multitude of Spartans defending a single position, maybe a control room, engine room, something important, BUT all of the Spartans there are actually other people. It would be something very similar to Destiny 2’s opening scene, with other Spartans being their own multiplayer Spartans.
Chief(you) exit out of the room, and proceed with the mission, whatever it may be.
AMA4N wrote:
I want big level designs. Basically o want a mission where we work with Miranes again, i personally miss them.
....Don't they hate us (UNSC/players)?
x N7 117 x wrote:
I would like a level where you just drive a Warthog. No shooting, no Covenant or Promethean's. Just you, your Warthog, and a couple of marines, going from objective to objective, exploring the beautiful scenerary and getting a close look at the wildlife on the Halo ring on 343i's absolutely stunning Slipspace engine.
That sounds like an introduction mission. Getting you the feeling of the new mechanics and activities you could find in Infinite. Sounds relaxing and helpful especially since its a new engine.
H8TRFFC wrote:
A level that begins with a Warthog convoy, fighting sparse groups of Created forces while exploring open terrain scattered with layers of ancient Forerunner architecture. Objectives set up in a non-linear fashion, similar to the lost Marines from CE, deactivating security protocols to access a central chamber.

After a close quarters infantry section inside the chamber, deactivating the final security barrier reveals that beneath the entire level was an enormous Retriever Sentinel that emerges from the ground, demolishing the terrain you had been driving across up to this point, leaving you to take it down using a combination of ground and air forces.
Sounds like you miss the missions where we go through patterns of familiar rooms doing domination objectives like Halo CE and 2 had. Those were all pure fun and action
Ok, I have a thought about just a specific type of mission. It would be similar to the library in Halo CE where there are lots of "hold this position" but instead of during that time you play as the MC, you play the Pilot from the trailer who has to open the door for the Cheif. What would be even better is you never see it coming. Maybe the Pilot and Chief have to get an Index or something and you start out playing as Chief, but when the door doesn't open, the Chief tells the pilot he'll stay here and hold this location while you find a way to open the door. Then, in the middle of the mission, BOOM, you're the pilot.
So its a mission playing back and forth from both characters depending on the situation in the mission? Sounds intriguing but it depends if the pilot is actually relevant or just for the intro.
ProBlazes wrote:
Call me crazy, I know this is extremely unlikely, and I know it’s crazy, but what if:
Halo Mission: Chief finds himself on the Halo ring, near the Infinity crash site(assuming it crashed) and goes to it. Inside, there are a multitude of Spartans defending a single position, maybe a control room, engine room, something important, BUT all of the Spartans there are actually other people. It would be something very similar to Destiny 2’s opening scene, with other Spartans being their own multiplayer Spartans.
Chief(you) exit out of the room, and proceed with the mission, whatever it may be.
Ill assume you don't mean actually other players but the Spartan Design of those players? Thats not crazy, its creative for 343i to add our Spartan designs as random encounters in the campaign being plays as AI. I made a post similar to do that some time ago.
I want a dynamic level, no kill zones, no death barriers and more working with marines and ODSTs
H8TRFFC wrote:

Sounds like you miss the missions where we go through patterns of familiar rooms doing domination objectives like Halo CE and 2 had. Those were all pure fun and action
I miss missions with non-linear objectives and set-pieces that encourage varied use of the sandbox, not repetitive grey corridors and samey environments, if that's what you mean. Each encounter with the stranded Marines in CE was a different environment with its own distinct terrain and enemy interactions; that was my example, not something like the Pulse Generators in Two Betrayals.
WillyMcFly wrote:
I want a dynamic level, no kill zones, no death barriers and more working with marines and ODSTs
i guess what you mean, is that every death becomes coincidentally natural. And not by game scripts. Don't want to go too far out and then suddenly die. Rather the "kill zone" be like Sandtrap: Killed by a guardian, or something else. And you mean by working with marines and ODSTs like how it used to be? They follow us around and becomes our beloved cannon fodder
I'd like a mix of open world exploration like CE's Halo, open but limited levels like H3's Covenant, and corridor close-quarters combat like H2's Cairo station. As long as there is variety, I will be happy. Too much of any one of these things will get very boring very quickly imo.
WillyMcFly wrote:
i guess what you mean, is that every death becomes coincidentally natural. And not by game scripts. Don't want to go too far out and then suddenly die. Rather the "kill zone" be like Sandtrap: Killed by a guardian, or something else. And you mean by working with marines and ODSTs like how it used to be? They follow us around and becomes our beloved cannon fodder
Yes exactly.
And yes that’s what I mean about marines and ODSTs.
There a barley any of them in halo 4 and 5. It used to be fun when you could get in a tank or warthog with them. Added so much to the campaign. Unlike halo 5 where it’s all Spartans (Halo reach executed it 1000x better than halo 5, halo reach has a very good campaign)