Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What type of Story / Campaign?

OP Specter Lives

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What kind of story would you want Infinite to be? What type of elements would you want in it? What tone would you like it to have?

I am not sure how it will work but I would love to see Infinite go back to the wonder and mystery of the original Halo. As I said, I am not sure how this would play out but as there doesn't seem to be a lot of mystery left in Halo but I am sure there are some unknown corners left in the universe. I just hope they do better in how they tell the story this time around. I do hope they visit the precursors and maybe tell their story a bit.

I would also like a level like 343 GS even The Library if done right.
I'm with you. If you watch the making of video for the engine trailer you'll see that mystery is one of the staples of this game, hope they can pull it off, they sure did in the trailer at least.
What kind of story would you want Infinite to be? What type of elements would you want in it? What tone would you like it to have?

I am not sure how it will work but I would love to see Infinite go back to the wonder and mystery of the original Halo. As I said, I am not sure how this would play out but as there doesn't seem to be a lot of mystery left in Halo but I am sure there are some unknown corners left in the universe. I just hope they do better in how they tell the story this time around. I do hope they visit the precursors and maybe tell their story a bit.

I would also like a level like 343 GS even The Library if done right.
i would prefer i focus on wonder and mystery too
let mystery and terror return !!! obviously with a good plot in its history
Mystery appears to be one of the key tenets moving forward with Infinite, so no worries there OP! I know there are a lot of things that have been explained in Halo, so it sure seems like there isn't much mystery left, but I assure you there is. I'd like to see some Ancient Human cities and structures since we have so little information on them compared to the other factions. They obviously wouldn't be in the game, but the mystery of the Forerunners was all over CE and they weren't in that game either. So perhaps they could take on the role of "mysterious alien race".
Wonder and mystery were what hooked me way back when. Considering the scale of some of the entities that have major unresolved plots, I expect influences from Lovecraft, perhaps a cult of Forerunner worshipers still exist somewhere on the ring. I suspect the hieroglyphics in the trailer meant something. Most of the trailer was showing off new technology and the engine, but they focused in on the hieroglyphics. It's not technically impressive: oh bump mapping, a staple of every game engine since 1999, so there was no reason to show it off unless it meant something else.
Wonder and mystery, for sure. These need to be key tones. In addition to that, though, there needs to be a good variety. A good story is very diverse in tone: some somber, some humor, some action, some mystery, some creepiness. The diversity makes each moment more meaningful.

As for plot/theme, I really hope they pick up from Halo 4 what Halo 5 dropped. I want character and conflict. I want subtlety. I want theme and metaphor. That kind of artistry is why I love Halo 4's campaign and story.
Well do we really want a full story?
The name is infinite so that implies one of two things for the story, either they pull a Marathon Infinity and you are stuck in some campaign loop Cortana threw you in to save you from a supernova, only for you to find your way out and meet your inevitable fate, or...
That it will not only conclude the new Halo trilogy (be it G. Lucas method) but also put in room for many other side stories (the Disney method). Think of the possibilities from FPS missions for the Spirit of Fire, more ODST missions maybe even a short campaign where you are a semi aware flood combat form or even a Promethean knight.

Just some ideas.
The name is infinite so that implies one of two things for the story, either they pull a Marathon Infinity and you are stuck in some campaign loop Cortana threw you in to save you from a supernova, only for you to find your way out and meet your inevitable fate, or...
That it will not only conclude the new Halo trilogy (be it G. Lucas method) but also put in room for many other side stories (the Disney method). Think of the possibilities from FPS missions for the Spirit of Fire, more ODST missions maybe even a short campaign where you are a semi aware flood combat form or even a Promethean knight.

Just some ideas.
Well they did state that the focus for the story would be on the MC. However, I would be open to side stories ODST and Wars. However, I hope that the story would continue with my own spartan that I progress, customize, and grow - Spartan Ops... just better.

Note on story, I want mystery but one form I think would work is uncovering a larger conspiracy. Think any political thriller. Now this doesn't have to be the over-arching story but definitly play a part. Something along the lines of Halo - Last light.
I heard Halo Infinite is going to continue the story of the Master Chief where Halo 5: Guardians left off. So perhaps the very beginning of the first mission of Halo Infinite could be a cutscene being where the last mission of Halo 5: Guardians, Guardians left off. After that cutscene of Halo Infinite's first mission, there could see the time jump by 3 weeks after that cutscene.
haha would be crazy if they'd make it so, where you can make diffrent choices kinda... and continue playing, with all diffrent outcomes, but that there is only one correct ending... the other endings are all fales, but you only find out at the end.

Just some ideas.
Now perhaps after Halo Infinite gets made and released , there's probably going to be a another generation of the Halo games along with more spin-offs being created.
Now in regards to the Halo timeline, Halo Infinite maybe either set between Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 or it is set a year or two after Halo 5. After Halo Infinite is set after Halo 5 but before Halo Wars 2, then Halo Infinite would perhaps be set 3 weeks after the events in Halo 5 and we might still not see the very beginning of the first mission of Halo Infinite showing the last cutscene of Halo 5's final mission, Guardians.

So the question is will Halo Infinite be set after Halo 5 but before Halo Wars 2 or will it be set after both Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2?
There is a lot of potential with what they can do with the story in Infinite.

If we are indeed going to Zeta Halo in this game, that offers tons of material for the writers and game designers to work with. Zeta is a special Halo ring because it was originally a part of a completely different array. That means we could see differently designed landmarks to what we are used to from Halos Alpha and Delta. I would like it to be the more traditional Forerunner style of buildings of course, but imagine the creative freedom to make this Halo's landmarks look unique and new.

A large and long break in the ground that stretches for miles on end, surrounded by gigantic walls to keep it all held together. Temples and other sacred buildings that have ties to the Flood war, maybe as marks of respect for those who fell. Even more expansive locations that we're familiar with, such as the Cartographer, Library and the Control Room.

The rich history of the Ring with the Primorial's containment, Medicant Bias' defect to the Flood, the infestation of the entire ring, the inhuman experiments conducted there by the Master Builder on ancient humans to find an eventual cure for the Flood and finally the Didact composing the remaining humans on the ring into Promethean Warrior Servants.

Simply put, if they go all in with the story potential and use EVERY single scrap of it, then we'll be in for a good time.

>:P
Blast88 wrote:
Now in regards to the Halo timeline, Halo Infinite maybe either set between Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 or it is set a year or two after Halo 5. After Halo Infinite is set after Halo 5 but before Halo Wars 2, then Halo Infinite would perhaps be set 3 weeks after the events in Halo 5 and we might still not see the very beginning of the first mission of Halo Infinite showing the last cutscene of Halo 5's final mission, Guardians.

So the question is will Halo Infinite be set after Halo 5 but before Halo Wars 2 or will it be set after both Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2?
Now it is not a confirmation of the exact date Halo Infinite will take place but certainly a clue. In the trailer there is the scene within the crashed pelican cockpit where you can barely make out a readout with a date 5/27/2560 about a year and a half after Halo 5 (I don't know the dates for Halo Wars 2). So again not a definitive THIS IS THE TIMELINE but certainly a good hint as to when Halo Infinite takes place.
Yeah mystery and wonder would be awesome, I've certainly got a bit of that feeling from the trailer, speaking of which, time to watch it again!
Blast88 wrote:

Now it is not a confirmation of the exact date Halo Infinite will take place but certainly a clue. In the trailer there is the scene within the crashed pelican cockpit where you can barely make out a readout with a date 5/27/2560 about a year and a half after Halo 5 (I don't know the dates for Halo Wars 2). So again not a definitive THIS IS THE TIMELINE but certainly a good hint as to when Halo Infinite takes place.
If you’re wondering what the dates are for Halo Wars 2, they are in the year 2559 since Halo Wars 2 is set a few months after the events in Halo 5. So with the possibility of Halo Infinite being set in 2560, this means being set nearly a year after the final extra mission of Halo Wars 2 (when I said final extra mission, I’m referring to the last mission of Awakening the Nightmare which is the latest expansion pack of Halo Wars 2).
I'd like the feeling you get when putting together all of the blood and the bodies when discovering the flood in Combat Evolved put into the campaign.
It should take place 5 years after Halo 5. I wanna see some flashbacks from previous games (remastered with the new graphics of Halo Infinite) to get you some sorrow feeling. Plus, it would be awesome if your own character (like in multiplayer) was in it. Like some missions, you play as him/her instead like in Halo 2.
It should take place 5 years after Halo 5. I wanna see some flashbacks from previous games (remastered with the new graphics of Halo Infinite) to get you some sorrow feeling. Plus, it would be awesome if your own character (like in multiplayer) was in it. Like some missions, you play as him/her instead like in Halo 2.
Nah. Halo Infinite would be taking place a year and a half after Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2