Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What type of Story / Campaign?

OP Specter Lives

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I agree with wanting it to have the mystery and wonder of the original Halo.

I'd like a game with the feeling CE had, but with modern capabilities in terms of storytelling and level design. CE's tone was near-perfect, but the game design was marred by Bungie having to reuse assets in terms of the level layout.

More specifically, CE had this incredible sense of grandeur and monumental scope. From the first steps onto the ring, you felt puny. And there was a real sense of mystery that was utilized in a way that aided that-- not everything was explained, but not everything needed to be. It left a lot up to your imagination, while filling you in just enough for the things that mattered to the immediate story. Above all, it felt lonely. For long stretches of the game, it's just Chief, marching onward. No allies, no support. Sometimes no enemies to be seen, either.

And at times CE was bright and glossy, and at other times it was dark and spooky, and some areas felt huge, others cramped, but no matter what they retained that sense of mystery and awe. And even though was often simple and/or bulky, the Forerunner aesthetic had a minimalist beauty to it. The newer Forerunner art style looks too sleek and too busy.

I wouldn't want it to copy CE for the story and retread what's been done already, but I would like it to take what IMO is possibly the best aspect of CE's campaign and utilize it within a new framework.
terror with flood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2