Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What vehicles will be in infinite

OP CrashingMoney65

What vehicles do u want in infinite? new ones? return of old ones like the chopper?
All. Of. Them.

Nah for real though, chances are obviously we'll get all the standard ones from Halo 5 as a baseline. H5 experimented with variants in warzone so it'd also be good to get some more spiky brute / banished versions like we did in HW2.

Otherwise, yeah just everything. Bring back the hornet & falcon, give us phantoms & pelicans, give us the HW1 arsenal like wolverines, locusts & cyclops'.

Literally idk what answer to give other than just gimme everything tbh.
With how many different vehicle variations came with Halo: Reach MCC for PC we might see things like the troop transport warthogs.
If there is going to be an open world with co-op capabilities I would love to see how 343 handles transport

BUT there was a romour that there will be water vehicles. So how do people feel about that?
BUT there was a romour that there will be water vehicles. So how do people feel about that?
I have made a post about water vehicles and submarines you should take a look
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The more the merrier I'd say. However, I do hope that we won't get pelted with a million types of different warthog skins pretending to be different.

I'd especially like to see proper UNSC aircraft returning, like the falcon and the hornet.

As for aquatic vehicles, this hasn't been done before in Halo. Unless they introduce proper underwater combat and accompanying mechanics alongside them, such vehicles are at risk of becoming quite gimmicky. Imagine this: Yes, a Spartan supersoldier can operate a boat! However, just one toe in the water and it's game over. Eh, what?

Don't do that, please.
The more the merrier I'd say. However, I do hope that we won't get pelted with a million types of different warthog skins pretending to be different.

I'd especially like to see proper UNSC aircraft returning, like the falcon and the hornet.

As for aquatic vehicles, this hasn't been done before in Halo. Unless they introduce proper underwater combat and accompanying mechanics alongside them, such vehicles are at risk of becoming quite gimmicky. Imagine this: Yes, a Spartan supersoldier can operate a boat! However, just one toe in the water and it's game over. Eh, what?

Don't do that, please.
Maybe a swim mechanic or some creature that kill u in the water like a squid puls u down or something?

Don't do that, please.
Maybe a swim mechanic or some creature that kill u in the water like a squid puls u down or something?
I was personally thinking of something like this:
- Reduced 'gravity' underwater
- Possible thrusters being effective for movement underwater
- Thrusters also capable of keeping your character at the surface
- Regular walking speed underwater slowed down a tad
- Plasma weaponry ineffective underwater
- Projectile weaponry only effective in short range
- Hardlight weaponry acting as normal underwater
- Grenades can only be tossed at short range
- Environments which make smart use of the aforementioned effects

And finally, have any aquatic vehicles occopy a unique niche in this kind of environment.
I would guess that Halo Infinite will have some of the classic Halo vehicles like Warthog, Mongoose, Scorpion, Pelican, Ghost, Wraith, Banshee, Shade Turret and Phantom. In addition to that, it would also be interesting to see the AA Wraith, Hornet and Chopper mainly due to being slightly unique either for being a helicopter, anti-air or a vehicle designed to splatter other vehicles.

Don't do that, please.

And finally, have any aquatic vehicles occopy a unique niche in this kind of environment.
sounds interesting i wouldn't know how that would be handled tho. Would you spawn underwater? or in a vehicle? maybe a dock or something that has boats on it and if it gets destroyed you get thrown in the water? would you have unlimited breath or would you have a meter to show how much air you have?
I'd like to see ghost in Infinite but I can dream right?! Nah but seriously I wouldn't mind driving the Spectre again.

Don't do that, please.

sounds interesting i wouldn't know how that would be handled tho. Would you spawn underwater? or in a vehicle? maybe a dock or something that has boats on it and if it gets destroyed you get thrown in the water? would you have unlimited breath or would you have a meter to show how much air you have?
Given that we can freely explore space environments I doubt any underwater environments will feature an oxygen meter. Other than that, it is essentially just as much a part of the map as the surface is, so I see no reason why spawning underwater in this system wouldn't work.
Hopefully the Wolverine or Locust. Because the Missile Hog isn't cutting it anymore.