Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What was that

OP sqidster128

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This trailer really was underwhelming give me your thoughts thought.

Edit: After some thought, I like the trailer more but still wish there was gameplay
Good trailer, but it didn’t reveal enough. Needed a few more reveals to really satisfy me, though I’m still happy with what we got. Hopefully we’ll get some gameplay tomorrow like the official Xbox magazine reported.
Good trailer, but it didn’t reveal enough. Needed a few more reveals to really satisfy me, though I’m still happy with what we got. Hopefully we’ll get some gameplay tomorrow like the official Xbox magazine reported.
E3 isn’t over yet, they could pull a HW2 DLC on us and announce something on Wednesday.
Nalla78 wrote:
E3 isn’t over yet, they could pull a HW2 DLC on us and announce something on Wednesday.
Sure but the Microsoft bit is over, I doubt more news from 343 will come during E3.
The trailer was okay, in of itself, although last year's was much better. This one didn't feel like a step up, which was unfortunate. What I find to be more unfortunate however, is that Xbox and Microsoft didn't capitalise of Halo not having much competition at E3 this year. If they'd showed some gameplay, or even just had someone come on stage and talk about the game, it could have been a lot better.

TLDR: It was an under-utilised opportunity.
Nalla78 wrote:
That's what I’m hoping for, but it confuses me as to why they’d show gameplay then instead of the Microsoft conference. More hype would be generated that way. Only thing I can think of is they just wanted to give more attention to Gears 5.
Games probably still a ways off. why show ther top tier game that will launch there new tech when its not looking 100% ?
What they shown was a teaser of the direction of the story, i thought it was great. The reveal of chief out the window was great stuff.
Nalla78 wrote:
That's what I’m hoping for, but it confuses me as to why they’d show gameplay then instead of the Microsoft conference. More hype would be generated that way. Only thing I can think of is they just wanted to give more attention to Gears 5.
I don’t think I saw any ‘actual’ non cgi gameplay during this event except for gears pop. Gears gameplay is suppose to be at the event fore my fingers are still crossed for halo.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
I don’t think I saw any ‘actual’ non cgi gameplay during this event except for gears pop. Gears gameplay is suppose to be at the event for my fingers are still crossed for halo.
Still, having Infinite gameplay would overshadow the new game modes Gears 5 was trying to show off, even if they were just CGI cutscenes. The Infinite trailer wasn’t CGI though.
It was ok... I don't understand what some were expecting really. We all know the game is quite a long ways off. I don't see why some are concerned with game play at this time. I am more concerned with how are they going to transition from the events of H5 to Halo Infinite..... Will H5 get any closure OR will Chief tell that guy who found him about this bad dream he had (insert events of H5 here and heck maybe even H4)?
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
I don’t think I saw any ‘actual’ non cgi gameplay during this event except for gears pop. Gears gameplay is suppose to be at the event for my fingers are still crossed for halo.
Still, having Infinite gameplay would overshadow the new game modes Gears 5 was trying to show off, even if they were just CGI cutscenes. The Infinite trailer wasn’t CGI though.
Oh absolutely. Gameplay from any of Xbox’s main titles would’ve been great to see, halo especially. The gear 5 trailers were too similar to the mini trailers for h5 dlc and I was just waiting to hear the ‘pizza!’ Skin come up again. I wouldn’t consider those as gameplay.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Oh absolutely. Gameplay from any of Xbox’s main titles would’ve been great to see, halo especially. The gear 5 trailers were too similar to the mini trailers for h5 dlc and I was just waiting to hear the ‘pizza!’ Skin come up again. I wouldn’t consider those as gameplay.
Fingers crossed. I need some infinite gameplay in my life.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Ohhh you mean the pinging from the holocard before it starts, yes that’s very reminiscent of ODST. Took me a few times rewatching it, haha I completely missed it.
EDIT: wrong quote, oops haha.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Ohhh you mean the pinging from the holocard before it starts, yes that’s very reminiscent of ODST. Took me a few times rewatching it, haha I completely missed it.
EDIT: wrong quote, oops haha.
Yep and even when the hologram first opens.
I thought it was perfect, really wanted gameplay though.
yeah, that trailer make feel like I still without clue about halo infinite, same from the previous trailer, I think because they lie with the trailers from Halo 5, now they dont want lie but also they did not show anything worth
Trailer showed that 343 have created arguably one of the best looking designs for master chief yet.

I'm guessing we'll have to wait another year for gameplay.
It honestly left me wanting more. My brother was confused about the whole thing thinking they were taking steps backwards until I pointed out that the armor Chief was wearing is the same armor from Forward Unto Dawn. This was just a teaser of what we're to expect with a little touch to some animation with that Halo ring. They just wanted to fill us in on what direction Halo: Infinite was heading.

343i is taking careful strides to make sure they don't reveal too much while also giving us tiny samples to let us know they're still working on something. It may seem underwhelming, but you have to remember, there's a whole year we still have to wait. They can't afford to leak too much, much to everyone's annoyance for how long we've had to wait. All good things come to those who wait (and I say this being super eager to have next year roll around already!).

My biggest concern as of this moment is; what part will Blue Team play in this if any part at all? We FINALLY got Fred-104, Kelly-087, and Linda-058 in Halo 5: Guardians but only for a handful of missions. It would be absolutely awful to have Infinite lack Chief's family. This is his greatest battle yet, I feel like having his team there with him would just feel right.
It honestly left me wanting more. My brother was confused about the whole thing thinking they were taking steps backwards until I pointed out that the armor Chief was wearing is the same armor from Forward Unto Dawn. This was just a teaser of what we're to expect with a little touch to some animation with that Halo ring. They just wanted to fill us in on what direction Halo: Infinite was heading.

Everyone seems to be thrown off by the big white '117' on his armour. Aside from that, it looks nothing like the FUD/Package armour. It's much more akin to the classic Halo 2 and 3 armour.
Here. Look at these:
When I first watched it, it was EXTREMELY underwhelming because I was expecting gameplay. After I got over it, a couple hours later, I kept re watching the trailer, and I think it’s amazing. It’s ambitious. And pretty. And the pilot is resilient and feels human, and he depends on the master chief for his survival. I feel like the Chief is loved again. Halo 4 and 5 made it seem like humanity and the UNSC Hated the Chief. It’s nice to see he’s the hero again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2