Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Will The Gameplay Be Like?

OP SaviorNight

Old-School? Modern? Different style? What do you think?
I hope it is a well made hybrid:
- Halo 5 mythic arena movement ( somewhat toned down for lower aim assist levels)
- halo 3 equipement with multiple charges and cooldown times
- Halo 3 dual wield, where the dual wieldable guns have extra attributes when single wielded ( plasma rifle stun, plasma pistol charged shot tracking and strong emp, gunfighter magnum quick draw, smg quick reload and managable climb)
- Halo 5 health sytem (with slower health regen) and halo 3 shield behavior
- no sprint, but a slightly higher forward max speed for normal movement ( 3% extra or so, these extra 3% should take long to achieve)
- many novel ideas that can be placed as on map as interactable elements ( vehicles, pickups, equipement, grenades, weapons, physics elements, npc's) (like the halo 5 or infinite prototype leaked grappling hook)

- many novel ideas that can be placed as on map as interactable elements ( vehicles, pickups, equipement, grenades, weapons, physics elements, npc's) (like the halo 5 or infinite prototype leaked grappling hook)
Frank O'Connor confirmed that leak was not true. I also didn't believe it because the thought of a grappling hook in Halo sounds a bit far-fetched for my test

Frank O'Connor confirmed that leak was not true. I also didn't believe it because the thought of a grappling hook in Halo sounds a bit far-fetched for my test
Thankfully. I'm surprised nobody is talking about that on here. A grappling hook sounds terrible in halo. 343 would just be copying apex and other games again. A grapple would only be okay in campaign as equipment to pick up. Imo no new abilities should be added. Some abilities like thrust could stay and the game would still be fun, but nothing new in terms of abilities should be added.

Thankfully. I'm surprised nobody is talking about that on here. A grappling hook sounds terrible in halo. 343 would just be copying apex and other games again. A grapple would only be okay in campaign as equipment to pick up. Imo no new abilities should be added. Some abilities like thrust could stay and the game would still be fun, but nothing new in terms of abilities should be added.
as custom game, in some campaign areas and special social gametypes a grappling hook would be fine. as multi charge equipement, notn as a permanent thing, of course.
with them describing it as a spiritual reboot we could see more classic gameplay but who knows at this point
i just hope we go back to basics get rid of all this sliding boosting and all this other crap they added in halo5 for me it really ruins the game i would really love a halo3 type halo game play style slow skilled based and bring back the 1-50 ranking system instead of this exp bar rubish i rrally miss tying to rank up to level to 45 bridagier or a level 50 general it rally showed who was good and who was bad but now in halo5 if you get rank 152 its really not that speciall anymore cause anyone who plaus regularly can achive that but not everyone could get to level 50 general rank so it kind of meant more when you reached it but sorry im just and old school halo fan boy
Foal Eagle wrote:
i just hope we go back to basics get rid of all this sliding boosting and all this other crap they added in halo5 for me it really ruins the game i would really love a halo3 type halo game play style slow skilled based and bring back the 1-50 ranking system instead of this exp bar rubish i rrally miss tying to rank up to level to 45 bridagier or a level 50 general it rally showed who was good and who was bad but now in halo5 if you get rank 152 its really not that speciall anymore cause anyone who plaus regularly can achive that but not everyone could get to level 50 general rank so it kind of meant more when you reached it but sorry im just and old school halo fan boy
i think the toned down thrusters from mythic arena are fine, as they don't break the run and gun gameplay and are omni directional.110% halo 3 bms and halo 3 jump height would be nice as movement standard, plus an extra 3% forward bms for btb and open areas( slow acceleration for these extra percent, so it has no effect in cqc).

Halo 5 definitely went overboard with the abilities, making them the center piece of the movement instead of the addition they should be. Weapons down sprinting and clambering fundamentaly clashes with halo's run and gun gameplay, as it removes the omnidirectional movement and run'n'gun gameplay. Ground pound and spartan charge are unnecessary gimmicks, i'd much prefer CE style momentum based melee damage. stabilize and slide are unintrusive and could be retained.
There is a chance that even if we don't see a complete return to "traditional movement mechanics", there will be a removal of some of the enhanced movement mechanics given that in the most recent "We Are 343i" video, they explicitly mentioned "not wanting to just chase current market trends."
There is a chance that even if we don't see a complete return to "traditional movement mechanics", there will be a removal of some of the enhanced movement mechanics given that in the most recent "We Are 343i" video, they explicitly mentioned "not wanting to just chase current market trends."
True. Open World and Sprint are very mid 2010 trends.
This might be a tall order... I’m hoping for a lengthy campaign related to the novels which reveals even more lore, but with an old school touch / flavor that anyone can get into and understand. I want H2 Anniversary quality cut scenes. I want it to move me and surprise me. I want it to be re-playable with a ton of wild achievements & Easter eggs. I want it all...respectfully. I believe 343 can do it 😎
I’m hoping Classic gameplay. Cant wait until we see some gameplay footage!!!