Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Whatever happens to Locke...

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The only characters that stood out to me in Osiris was buck and Vale. Locke and tanaka had so little going that I'm happy for them to be killed off because I just wont miss them. I do agree that they still deserve a proper send off but I want the other two to have a little more involvement in the story at some point
The only characters that stood out to me in Osiris was buck and Vale. Locke and tanaka had so little going that I'm happy for them to be killed off because I just wont miss them. I do agree that they still deserve a proper send off but I want the other two to have a little more involvement in the story at some point
Why is it people’s only real solution is to kill characters off?
Halo 5 will be retconned once Infinite comes out.
Why is it people’s only real solution is to kill characters off?
Because then they don't have to go back to the characters. If theres a characters that the majority dislike the most common option is killing them off or getting rid of them some other way so they either don't make any appearance or maintain a very minor role within the world. Same can apply here with locke and tanaka. We know bugger all about them and halo 5 didn't really do them justice. Locke seems to lack emotion and it shows with his face and voice in the game which made him feel dull. At least that's my reason for disliking him. Tanaka just lacks any character imo so yeah people resort to killing off uninteresting characters because they didn't fit in very well, instead of forcing them to appear in a story that they don't belong in
Because then they don't have to go back to the characters. If theres a characters that the majority dislike the most common option is killing them off or getting rid of them some other way so they either don't make any appearance or maintain a very minor role within the world. Same can apply here with locke and tanaka. We know bugger all about them and halo 5 didn't really do them justice. Locke seems to lack emotion and it shows with his face and voice in the game which made him feel dull. At least that's my reason for disliking him. Tanaka just lacks any character imo so yeah people resort to killing off uninteresting characters because they didn't fit in very well, instead of forcing them to appear in a story that they don't belong in
But why not actually improve the character? A dull or lacking character is one of the easiest issues to mend; it just requires injecting some personality - some characterization - into them. It seems so much more meaningful to actually watch the journey of a character grow and expand rather than chucking them into the trashcan when they don't immediately stick with people.
I just don't see how either character is so bereft of any characterization that killing them off is the best course of action.
tL Armada wrote:
But why not actually improve the character? A dull or lacking character is one of the easiest fixes to mend; it just requires injecting some personality - some characterization - into them. It seems so much more meaningful to actually watch the journey of a character grow and expand rather than chucking them into the trashcan when they don't immediately stick with people.
I just don't see how either character is so bereft of any characterization that killing them off is the best course of action.
Thats the idea. Im personally saying, characters cant be removed in a way that is stupid. Build them off or send them off properly.
Get rid of Locke and bring back Johnson.
I'd rather they just pretend he never existed.
Realistically, its better Locke stays. Johnson coming back will be just fan service and less.
Realistically, its better Locke stays. Johnson coming back will be just fan service and less.
Agree completely. Johnson is obviously a better character, but disposing of Locke in favor of Johnson would be like taking one step forward and two steps back. His death mattered to the story. Bringing him back would do a disservice to his sacrifice and create a whole lot of canonical inconsistencies all for the sake of fan service.
Agree completely. Johnson is obviously a better character, but disposing of Locke in favor of Johnson would be like taking one step forward and two steps back. His death mattered to the story. Bringing him back would do a disservice to his sacrifice and create a whole lot of canonical inconsistencies all for the sake of fan service.
Then its time for time travel. Bring Johnson back. 😀
Nope. Another plot already took that idea, we can't take it
tL Armada wrote:
But why not actually improve the character? A dull or lacking character is one of the easiest issues to mend; it just requires injecting some personality - some characterization - into them. It seems so much more meaningful to actually watch the journey of a character grow and expand rather than chucking them into the trashcan when they don't immediately stick with people.
Here is where I think the problem is: The community, by and large, is incapable of long-term thinking. Ironically, when 343 does cave to this mindset these same people whine that people and story threads just disappeared and can't quite seem to connect the dots as to why that may be.
Oh wow...there was time travel in halo?! I dont remember any of the campaign for 4 and 5 except cortana has lost it at the end of 5.
I'm sure he'll be in the game in some way. Maybe it's not a huge part this time as 343I want to put the focus back on the Chief for this game but I definitely don't think that's the last time we see Spartan Locke.

Besides, as much as I hate the idea, The Chief won't be around forever unless someone else does his voice, which I really don't want or they have the ability to put words together with his voice without him, which I know is possible in today's age. Crazy stuff.
Oh wow...there was time travel in halo?! I dont remember any of the campaign for 4 and 5 except cortana has lost it at the end of 5.
Im talking about plots overall not just Halo universe. Another words, Im making a joke reference to Avengers endgame.
Even then, I don't even like time travel plots.
Neither do I, but Ill make an exception if it removes h4 and h5 😉 and brings back the sarge
Neither do I, but Ill make an exception if it removes h4 and h5 😉 and brings back the sarge
In my perspective, its a inconsiderate and desperate decision. Bring back Johnson is like letting Cortana die and coming back the next game. Meaning, making his death pointless. Its just us repeating history.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2