Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

When do you think flights begin?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

Back when Infinite was announced, 343 announced that there’ll be flight programs for the game, similar to the insider programs for MCC. They did say they flights will start off small and would begin bigger as time goes on. With the game releasing this Holiday season, when do you think the flights will begin? I think the flights will begin around some time next month. In either case, exciting to see how things go.
Late Spring to Early/Mid Summer is my guess.
I would think no later than April. Assuming flights go on for a month, that would leave 343i roughly 6 months before release day.
After the E3 debut in 2018 343 said they wanted to “build the game alongside their fans.” I think its safe to say that for whatever reason (maybe plans changed) that has turned out to be untrue. We are now almost 85% through development time and have yet to be able to see any gameplay to provide feedback. I think flights will start in the summer after gamplay being revealed at E3. At this point only minor tweaks will be able to be done with fan feedback.
I'm going to assume probably early summer. We still need to get a little more info however before we can know anything for sure.
Late June - September. That's not how long I think the flights will last, that's just when I think they will start.
After the E3 debut in 2018 343 said they wanted to “build the game alongside their fans.” I think its safe to say that for whatever reason (maybe plans changed) that has turned out to be untrue. We are now almost 85% through development time and have yet to be able to see any gameplay to provide feedback. I think flights will start in the summer after gamplay being revealed at E3. At this point only minor tweaks will be able to be done with fan feedback.
That doesn't necessarily mean that they were going to be showing us every step of the process from an early stage though, like an Early Access game on Steam or something. Still, even a "minor tweak" to a frequently used weapon can drastically change how the game's played - for better or for worse. Remember how weapons in Halo 4 turned out after they were tweaked, and how some in 5 ended up after the Tuning (For a negative example, how the 5 Battle Rifle got hit by it)