Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

whens the xbox event happening

OP CrashingMoney65

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
July 20th seems likely
July 20th seems likely
Don’t think they’d wait that long. If that’s the case, why put out the Banished teaser out basically a month before the reveal? That doesn’t make logical sense. I’d say it happens in the next 14 days or so.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Mid-to-late July most likely. Makes you wonder how the Halo Infinite beta will transpire.
If they actually wait until late July, that’s a moronic move. Would be incredibly foolish. Also, if it’s late July, then at that point I’d see really know point in the flights/betas, as there’d only be a few months to finalize everything.
I read some leaks that said mid-July earliest.
Rumors are saying somewhere between july 20 - 25. I wouldn't be too surprised if we get another short teaser before then like the signal detected. I think Halo Infinite marketing is finally beginning. As for the flights I would expect them to begin almost immediately after the july event. 3 months isn't a lot of time for major changes, but they can definitely make a few good tweaks in that time.
Sylxeria wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Mid-to-late July most likely. Makes you wonder how the Halo Infinite beta will transpire.
If they actually wait until late July, that’s a moronic move. Would be incredibly foolish. Also, if it’s late July, then at that point I’d see really know point in the flights/betas, as there’d only be a few months to finalize everything.
Early July that's still a few months + a week or two tops, not that much of a difference if you consider how long it's been in development anyway. Most of the larger things are probably finalized already.
But a lot can still happen in a few months; we might not see total overhauls of the multiplayer but there can still be balancing tweaks made, map adjustments (Wasn't the lighting in Halo 5's beta darker on some maps than in release? Correct me if I'm wrong), and so on. It'd also give people a chance to see "Is this game for me?" or not as well.
True, plus the general consensus is that 343 is a lot quieter about this game due to the negativity from overhyping H5.
At this point it's definitely going to be in the back half of July vs. the first half of the month. If it was the latter they would have surely announced a date by now.

Setting the Infinite content aside for a moment, I'd be willing to wager release date for console and Infinite is going to be November 15th. This would mark the 19th anniversary for both the original Xbox and CE release date. Commercially, it would give MS enough time for both an initial wave of sales at launch plus a strong follow-on supply drop just in time for the holidays. If I had to guess on console prices, $500 or $600 for Series X and $300 or $400 for Scarlet if they decide to release that at the same time. My guess is we are not going to get a light-version of a next gen console at the same launch date.

Do people actually think they are going to do flights/beta testing for Infinite at this point? Even if 343 kicked this off immediately after the press event, does that give them enough time to gather/analyze data and actually make meaningful updates to the player experience in time for launch?
July 20

im not 343 or insider or anything but I saw that online...

😊
tks 343, but I'm less excited bc of the things that are going on; however, this might be a good distraction.
7th of July.
If it is late July I'll be pretty annoyed, not gonna lie. This content drought has been atrocious.
GP Carry wrote:
Do people actually think they are going to do flights/beta testing for Infinite at this point? Even if 343 kicked this off immediately after the press event, does that give them enough time to gather/analyze data and actually make meaningful updates to the player experience in time for launch?
At this point it's probably going to be some beta/demo for marketing even if it's called flighting imo.
No date been officially given. However, I’d say it’s more than likely mid July at the absolute latest. It’d be very foolish of MS to set it in late July. The clock is ticking, and we are now likely less than 5 months away until the game and console launch. There’s really no more time for being secretive and waiting, they need to show the game ASAP.
Sadly, based on leaks we are gonna be getting the event the week of the 20th. So they are waiting until the end of the month. Its a shame that they are waiting this long.
I Achi I wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
Do people actually think they are going to do flights/beta testing for Infinite at this point? Even if 343 kicked this off immediately after the press event, does that give them enough time to gather/analyze data and actually make meaningful updates to the player experience in time for launch?
At this point it's probably going to be some beta/demo for marketing even if it's called flighting imo.
Going by this, I reckon we'll either get some flights or just a demo during Microsoft's Summer Game Fest demo event - 21st to 27th July:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-01-summer-game-fest-bringing-over-60-pre-release-demos-to-xbox-one-later-this-month
Multiple insiders are now saying July 23rd. With the summer game fest demo event taking place that same week, we might be getting an Infinite flight starting that same week?!
My guess is July 21
I saw a rumor that it would take place on July 23th but I do not know. I´m still waiting for the announcement!
Date confirmed:

"Halo Infinite and more will star in a livestream due in two weeks, on Thursday 23rd July at 5pm UK time (midday Eastern, 9am Pacific)."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-06-microsoft-confirms-xbox-series-x-games-reveal-date
Date confirmed:

"Halo Infinite and more will star in a livestream due in two weeks, on Thursday 23rd July at 5pm UK time (midday Eastern, 9am Pacific)."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-07-06-microsoft-confirms-xbox-series-x-games-reveal-date
I just read the news. This is incredible. This makes me even more excited to see the official gameplay footage from Halo Infinite.
July 23rd, finally a date! Infinite Gameplay, at last.
Xbox just confirmed that the event is on July 23rd
Everyone's anxious for the game. I'm looking forward to it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2