Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Wheres the PC Hype?

OP XGriff 7820X

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm a PC player and have been for the past seven years. I still buy every new console from Microsoft and find myself ONLY buying the Halo games. If Halo Infinite and all the rest of the future Halo games were to be released in the Windows 10 store it would save myself and probably thousands of others from being forced to purchase a console. I think it is safe to say that the traditional "gaming console" is dying. People want more than one use out of a $300 - $400 console. With a PC at least you have a bunch of other uses for it. The Xbox itself is becoming more useful by being able to have other apps such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. I really wonder if we will see the Xbox itself becoming more of a OS than an individual console in the future.
Consoles will always have a place. They are casual and accessible machines.
PC is definitely more intimidating, I don't see Microsoft backtracking on their Windows 10 gaming initiative, trains with this momentum are very hard to stop.

Infinite will be on PC, and likely future Halos as well. The real question pertains to older, legacy Halo titles. Will those be released on PC ? The Master Chief Collection could, but Halo 5 will likely remain Xbox exclusive.
I agree that PC are very intimidating and consoles are casual, but that is likely only the case in the US. In most other countries, pc gaming makes more sense because a pc has more functions than just playing games. Regular base line pc's have hardware that is much more capable at playing games on low to mid settings thus making it easier for a majority of people to access games. This is not the case for most console juggernaut games such as Halo and CoD, however pc hardware is only getting better.

As for Halo Infinite being on pc I'm quite happy about it, although I wonder if there will be cross play.
I'm a PC player and have been for the past seven years. I still buy every new console from Microsoft and find myself ONLY buying the Halo games. If Halo Infinite and all the rest of the future Halo games were to be released in the Windows 10 store it would save myself and probably thousands of others from being forced to purchase a console. I think it is safe to say that the traditional "gaming console" is dying. People want more than one use out of a $300 - $400 console. With a PC at least you have a bunch of other uses for it. The Xbox itself is becoming more useful by being able to have other apps such as YouTube, Netflix, etc. I really wonder if we will see the Xbox itself becoming more of a OS than an individual console in the future.
Consoles will always have a place. They are casual and accessible machines.
PC is definitely more intimidating, I don't see Microsoft backtracking on their Windows 10 gaming initiative, trains with this momentum are very hard to stop.

Infinite will be on PC, and likely future Halos as well. The real question pertains to older, legacy Halo titles. Will those be released on PC ? The Master Chief Collection could, but Halo 5 will likely remain Xbox exclusive.
I agree that PC are very intimidating and consoles are casual, but that is likely only the case in the US. In most other countries, pc gaming makes more sense because a pc has more functions than just playing games. Regular base line pc's have hardware that is much more capable at playing games on low to mid settings thus making it easier for a majority of people to access games. This is not the case for most console juggernaut games such as Halo and CoD, however pc hardware is only getting better.

As for Halo Infinite being on pc I'm quite happy about it, although I wonder if there will be cross play.
I'm from Europe (France, specifically) and consoles are more popular there because they are cheaper and require much less knowledge, they are not the consoles of yore but the difference in approachability between consoles and PC gaming is still significant, due to the sheer number of variables involved PC gaming will likely remain more "niche" than consoles.
That's why I've never subscribed to the idea that PC gaming was a "threat" to consoles in any way, it's a different demographic even though platforms do compete with each other in some ways. The people who are heavily invested in both console and PC gaming must be very rare so Microsoft can only gain from embracing Windows like they did.

PC hardware is getting better obviously but I'm not certain it has any bearing on your average console gamer.

I think we can safely look forward to some cross-play between PC and Xbox for Infinite, likely handled the same way it was in the case of Gears 4. Ranked won't be cross-play, casual play will, and of course you will be able to disable cross-play completely.
I am hyped for pc as I no longer touch my xbox for anything other than Netflix now lol. But I am worried that 343 will not provide the correct port to pc as what we need to game to do is far more demanding than what would be on xbox.
1. not a console port over to pc IT HAS to be optimized for pc
2. No fps limits, the game (being the competitive title is has been) has to support high refresh rates in order to attract the comp pc people. 4k60 is no an exceptional deal. which clearly is what the game will be optimized for due to MS and Xbox one X.
pretty graphic are nice for campaign but are worthless for multiplayer.

idk, my hype level is quiet atm until at least a beta is launched to see how smoothly it runs. if its a trash experience like pubg running 80 fps on $2k plus systems then my hopes for it being great will be gone, with what little remain for the title until new devs take over halo at least.
For those wondering about yet another PC confirmation....

"Halo Infinite is in development for both the Xbox and Windows 10 PC. The studio is taking the time needed to make the best Halo game possible and are we will share more information about the game once we’re ready”"

Case closed.
Maybe once we know and see more of the game the PC hype will get bigger. Think of it as a PC gamer who has never played Halo before. They see a tech demo and that's it, woohoo. Xbox players are hyped because we've been playing Halo this whole time and are bored of H5. For PC players there's nothing to be excited about just yet. Also the H5 forge I've heard is pretty bad on PC so that's already bad rep down before Infinite even comes out.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention; it's a W10 only game, I'm sure that already turns off a huge portion of the PC community.
Windows 10 and Windows 7, potential support for 8

Edit: According to Steam stats, 64.91% of Steam users are playing on Windows 10. 25.92% on Windows 7. 90.83% of Steam users are using an OS capable of playing Halo.
I am personally really excited to see more about the game and a PC release. With MCC coming along and helping boost Halo's interest to gamers again I think it would be a smart move. Microsoft is doing really well to realize that gaming isn't just about consoles but about gamers. It truly is nice to see Halo finally rising from its "ashes"
As most of my friends and myself have moved onto PC (except for one holdout) I am pretty excited to play this with them on PC.
Maybe once we know and see more of the game the PC hype will get bigger. Think of it as a PC gamer who has never played Halo before. They see a tech demo and that's it, woohoo. Xbox players are hyped because we've been playing Halo this whole time and are bored of H5. For PC players there's nothing to be excited about just yet. Also the H5 forge I've heard is pretty bad on PC so that's already bad rep down before Infinite even comes out.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention; it's a W10 only game, I'm sure that already turns off a huge portion of the PC community.
Windows 10 and Windows 7, potential support for 8

Edit: According to Steam stats, 64.91% of Steam users are playing on Windows 10. 25.92% on Windows 7. 90.83% of Steam users are using an OS capable of playing Halo.
I was so happy when they announced it for Steam and even W7, smart moves.
Most of the PC hype is over on the MCC forum, mostly because it's both a lot closer to coming out than Infinite and something PC players have been asking for for quite a while now.
I’m happy halo is coming to PC because they’ve been waiting so long and I’m happy to see the community can grow but I’ll always be a console guy
Currently there aint much of a hype for a particular system, as much as there is hype for just knowing more about the game.
I'm definitely hyped for PC! Been my main platform for years now and with MCC also coming to PC I'll soon enough have no reason to own an Xbox.
I'm happy the pc gamers are getting Halo, but I'm not hyped. If I buy it I'll be buying it for console not pc.
Im playing on PC and super hyped after they announced it. I have been waiting for this for a loooong time.
So happy to be able to play Halo games again.
Halo was the only series I was sad I had to leave behind when I switched to PC. I am definitely hyped to finish the fight again!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2