Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Which Character will Die in Infinite?

OP GraveDesert8890

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
People will probably hate me for this but at the end of Halo Infinite i kinda want the Master Chief to die (or at least be presumed dead), its just that him dying can impact the player in so many ways. I've always felt Halo lacked sad moments, of course there is Noble Team's death, Cortana's death and Johnson's death but i want to go bigger in Infinite. I also wouldn't mind Brohammer dying (Let's be honest, he is probably going to die), Brohammer is a character you can get emotionally attached to like Noble Team. If they can somehow make his death really sad like he sacrifices himself in order to beat Escharum just as he was about to stab the Master Chief, I'm sure an ending like that would leave many players in shock.
While I don't see them killing off Chief in the main campaign, I could see them doing it in one of the final DLC stories. You don't want to kill off the main character on day 1 of a 10 year game.
I can see locke dying very easily in fact I hope locke dies ill throw a party if he dies.
I just hope Lasky won't die yet, so much potential for that character, he is not done yet.
I could see Dr Halsey going soon, but I'd like her to be an even more central character in her final story.
I'm guessing most of the spartan 4's are going to die for exposition purposes. I can see chief dying in a DLC, afterall it is a live service platform for 10 years. I feel like killing the chief off too early without enough payoff (which I don't think infinte can execute at launch or cover enough of the story ) will lead to a Last of us 2 reaction outcome, not as big but you probably get the jiz of it.
Spam8358 wrote:
I just hope Lasky won't die yet, so much potential for that character, he is not done yet.
I could see Dr Halsey going soon, but I'd like her to be an even more central character in her final story.
I also see Dr. Halsey going soon as well. Notice that she's getting old.
I suspect they're going to play it super safe and have no named people die but the bad guys. No one 343 has killed as generally gone down well, even arguably cortana despite having a pretty good sendoff and one that meshed well with the story.
those saying dr halsey will probably die in infinite, didn't she gave a speech dedicated to noble team at the end of halo reach? year was mentioned during that sequence '2589'.
Maybe the banished will somehow activate the halo rings and EVERYONE will die
While I don't like this idea, I could see 343 taking the approach of Star Wars. Kill off a large chunk of old characters to make room for new ones. If they want to make Infinite a jumping off point for new fans, that's one way to do it. You can knock off old characters that require too much explanation to make them relatable to new fans. Not the best approach IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
While I don't like this idea, I could see 343 taking the approach of Star Wars. Kill off a large chunk of old characters to make room for new ones. If they want to make Infinite a jumping off point for new fans, that's one way to do it. You can knock off old characters that require too much explanation to make them relatable to new fans. Not the best approach IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
Bungie pretty much killed off most the old cast anyway.

Its pretty much Chief and Arby left with Hood being pretty much relegated to off screen duty now.

Halsey's been more of a book character and 343 seems to like using her.
Blast9867 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:
I also see Dr. Halsey going soon as well. Notice that she's getting old.
Damn yeah she is getting old, like 70 or something? minus some cryo time I guess.
Would it be too weird to compare her to Snape in Harry Potter? hahahah.
It would kind of make sense for her to die, maybe not for the greater good, not for humanity even, but for John. Maybe that would even mess up for humanity? And then Chief has to clean -Yoink- up lol. Am I even making sense right now?
Idk there are probably way better ways for her to go.
The kind of vibe halsey gives me personally, she is so horrible yet I can't help but care for her, I hope they make use of that emotion
those saying dr halsey will probably die in infinite, didn't she gave a speech dedicated to noble team at the end of halo reach? year was mentioned during that sequence '2589'.
I almost missed ya there :) interesting point!
I always though of that scene as if the things going on on the screen is set in 2589, while Halsey's speech is just from her journal read in her voice to make it feel like her own memory. I could be wrong though. I never really though it felt like Halsey was there in that scene at that time and place, doesn't sound like she is there by the sound of her voice, she is not outside like the scene is etc, and we don't see her, so I don't really see any indication that she is alive by that time.
But I guess that would be kind of interesting also if Halsey would be around that long, it could absolutely happen.
I didn't mean that she would "probably" die. I don't feel that confident about it at all lol. But like I said, I could see it happening soon.
Spam8358 wrote:
I always though of that scene as if the things going on on the screen is set in 2589, while Halsey's speech is just from her journal read in her voice to make it feel like her own memory. I could be wrong though. I never really though it felt like Halsey was there in that scene at that time and place, doesn't sound like she is there by the sound of her voice, she is not outside like the scene is etc, and we don't see her, so I don't really see any indication that she is alive by that time.
But I guess that would be kind of interesting also if Halsey would be around that long, it could absolutely happen.
I didn't mean that she would "probably" die. I don't feel that confident about it at all lol. But like I said, I could see it happening soon.
Well I think she can live for at least 100 of years. Like she created spartan 2. She can make some medical augmentations for her own. Or that's an another halsey's clone. Remember that she have stored her (not sure tho,) brain clones somewhere in reach (castle base?)
Spam8358 wrote:
Well I think she can live for at least 100 of years. Like she created spartan 2. She can make some medical augmentations for her own. Or that's an another halsey's clone. Remember that she have stored her (not sure tho,) brain clones somewhere in reach (castle base?)
Oh yes I don't doubt that she could live that long, If she dies earlier then I think she probably wouldn't die from natural causes.
It could be a clone too but I'm still not so sure that the speech itself is connected to the year on the screen.
Damn I got really hyped for 2589 now, I hope the Halo universe gets there at some point.
Spam8358 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:
Oh yes I don't doubt that she could live that long, If she dies earlier then I think she probably wouldn't die from natural causes.
It could be a clone too but I'm still not so sure that the speech itself is connected to the year on the screen.
Damn I got really hyped for 2589 now, I hope the Halo universe gets there at some point.
im with ya on that what happens that she gives a speech about noble team (insert noble six is still alive meme)
I actually like this idea quite a bit. It would be really neat if we got a campaign DLC for each of the 10 years this game is supposed to stick around (if not more). So there's plenty of time to bring in new characters and have us endear ourselves to them. Then once Downes is ready to retire, we should have a cast of characters fleshed out ready to take the helm.
If they kill off Arbiter, have it be a sacrifice for Chief ( or to save the universe )
They could even make it more impactful by having you play alongside the Arbiter through a hard level and as such have to rely on each other often, but after his death replay that level in reverse as not only will it be harder but it will serve to show much stronger you two were when together
I think that the conclusion of Infinite’s main campaign will be Master Chief dying or going missing somehow in a decisive win for the UNSC over the Banished. This will set up Infinite’s endgame where the UNSC rallies on the ring and you create your own Spartan to continue the fight.
MysticKami wrote:
I actually like this idea quite a bit. It would be really neat if we got a campaign DLC for each of the 10 years this game is supposed to stick around (if not more). So there's plenty of time to bring in new characters and have us endear ourselves to them. Then once Downes is ready to retire, we should have a cast of characters fleshed out ready to take the helm.
It sounds great in theory. But if you look at how Star Wars handled it, the fan reception was less than ideal. People were not too happy about seeing their beloved characters get killed off one by one. Perhaps 343 could learn from Star Wars and do it a better way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2