Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Which Halo to practice to prepare for Infinite?

OP Gym Meathead

Which Halo do you think is the best to practice for Halo Infinite?

How I see it is Infinite could go 3 ways:

1. Be an updated more polished version of H5

2. Go classic

3. Completely try to reinvent the wheel

Number 1 to me sounds like the most realistic. 343 only made H4 and H5, so its more then likely going to be more like those games. Although I would love to see the game go classic and remove sprint.

Which Halo are you guys playing to prepare for Infinite? And which Halo do you guys think Infinite will be most similar to?
As is tradition among my friends and myself, I'll be playing every Halo game in order (Halo Wars to Halo Wars 2 and everything in between) on Legendary to get ourselves back in the groove.

As for which Halo Infinite will be most like? Possibly none. Halo: Infinite very much could be its own thing altogether rather than a call back to the glory days or a spit shine of a recent title.
We really have no idea whatsoever where the gameplay in Infinite is going to go because we haven't seen one second of actual gameplay still (amazingly enough).

I'm betting on some sort of hybridization between Halo 5 and Halo 3, with a few of the enhanced movement abilities (sprint and thrusters) but also equipment pickups (bubble shield, etc) and faster base movement speed.

I could also be 100% wrong so yeah....lol
Hard to say since we know nothing of the gameplay. It's probably gonna be the most similar to H5 so I guess play that.
How about playing all of them?
Kind of a silly question here OP, as we know nothing about the gameplay of Halo Infinite. So I guess you just play them all.
It's hard to say.. We couldn't practice with Halo 4 or 5 because both felt nothing like previous halo games..
I hope the gameplay evolution is similar to the difference between Halo 2 and Halo 3. They're not so grossly different, and yet both have their often unique qualities.

I would be ok if we got H5 gameplay + equipment. Change the spartan charge so it requires a charge up (like ground pound), and make the charge so it only goes in a straight line, and I think the gameplay would be in a pretty good state. Personal opinion though.
Kind of a silly question here OP, as we know nothing about the gameplay of Halo Infinite. So I guess you just play them all.
Theres no right answer here. Was just wondering what the community was thinking of doing to prepare for the new Halo game. I know we will get some gameplay from E3 and then we will have an idea of what we can practice, but wanted to see what peoples thoughts are now.
Whoa keep sprint
Whoa keep sprint
I heard this idea from someone else, but hopefully they'll give an option before the game begins to either play with sprint, for those who like the animation and disable the sprint animation, but buff base movement speed to sprint speed for those who don't.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Whoa keep sprint
I heard this idea from someone else, but hopefully they'll give an option before the game begins to either play with sprint, for those who like the animation and disable the sprint animation, but buff base movement speed to sprint speed for those who don't.
I mean, who wants to be hoping around the campaign?? lol!
I would say all of them. For me personally though, I would play Reach. Reach is now considered classic because it's like 10 years old. If kinda feels like Halo 3 while having movement like sprint. Halo Reach has always been a good go between for me. If I haven't played H1-3 in a while I'll play Reach for a bit. If I haven't played H4(actually I don't think I'm coming back to H4)-H5 in a while, I'll play a bit of Reach.