Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Which one is more important, Brutes or The Flood?

OP Tofigh 09 TMT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm just curious to see which one has more fans in the community, not saying that you can't be a fan of both for sure! but which one matters to you more? if you could choose only one to return which would you choose?
I personally prefer to have the Flood back, i like brutes too sure but i think that they're "kinda" similar to other covenants, like in Halo 3 brutes were literally elites but with a few "different" steps, i mean i know that they were different but they still more similar to each other than the Flood! I liked them more in Halo 2 cause they were actually something unique that we've never exprienced before!
i feel like the whole core of the flood is different, the way you fight them, weaknesses, EVERYTHING! while brutes have some differences, but they have more similarities than differences
So, what's your opinion?
i liked brutes more personally but most likey flood will be back personally i found fighting flood rally annoying just my opinion
Would love to see both but I feel as if the Flood are way more iconic. Brutes are too similar to normal covenant.
Flood are scary and alien when you first see them. Need that back in the game for sure
i liked brutes more personally but most likey flood will be back personally i found fighting flood rally annoying just my opinion
I feel you, sometimes they're SO much on nerves, but that still worths it. and btw i think that both brutes AND flood is going to be back!
TheDonCJG wrote:
Would love to see both but I feel as if the Flood are way more iconic. Brutes are too similar to normal covenant.
Flood are scary and alien when you first see them. Need that back in the game for sure
EXACTLY! they're just "another" species in the covenants that play slightly different (at least compared to the flood), flood on the other hand, not only it's DIFFERENT, but it actually gives halo an awesome atmosphere! it shows that it's not just playing around beating alien -Yoink- kid, IT'S SURVIVAL
TheDonCJG wrote:
EXACTLY! they're just "another" species in the covenants that play slightly different (at least compared to the flood), flood on the other hand, not only it's DIFFERENT, but it actually gives halo an awesome atmosphere! it shows that it's not just playing around beating alien -Yoink- kid, IT'S SURVIVAL
That’s it!
I remember when I was a kid and seeing the flood for the first time; the horror hahaha. Just mortified that there’s something even worse than covies.
Just these creatures that relentlessly chase after you and maul you to death
It was something so different and that’s why I loved them. Even though they’re a pain to fight haha
The Brutes, we haven’t explored their weapons and vehicles in a mainline game since halo 3. In my opinion, the flood are overdone and they offer nothing new in terms of weapons or vehicles, only ever stealing what the other factions have. It doesn’t help that their gameplay is repetitive and annoying.
If I have to choose between one or the other, then I want the Flood back. CE was an instant classic, and it had the Flood and no Brutes.
To me personally, Jiralhanaes (brutes) give a brief "shock" feel in game since they're not encountered as much and are (nick-namesake) more brutish in nature and tactics. But the flood have the ability to change the entire tone of the game by making entire levels feel more survival-horror like hence why I prefer seeing them.
Brutes can be the foundation of an entirely new faction with weapons and vehicles to compliment, but the Flood are also fun.

By the way, Brutes/Banished are confirmed to be in Infinite with new weapons. There's gonna be a sort of Spiker Rifle precision weapon it seems.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
That’s it!
I remember when I was a kid and seeing the flood for the first time; the horror hahaha. Just mortified that there’s something even worse than covies.
Just these creatures that relentlessly chase after you and maul you to death
It was something so different and that’s why I loved them. Even though they’re a pain to fight haha
Exactly! the atmosphere that flood brought to Halo is AMAZING! for example, look at the mission Gravemind, and then look at the mission after that (as chief), which is HIgh Charity. see the difference! same place! but WAAAAAY more different in a really good way! you have the happy and hooray missions, like Delta Halo, but you also have dark and horror missions like High Charity thanks to the Flood!
I'd have to go with The Flood. They're an entirely different faction that behave nothing like any of the Covenant races, and The Banished. The fact they are so different from anything else, makes them more interesting to me than Brutes.
The Brutes, we haven’t explored their weapons and vehicles in a mainline game since halo 3
So we haven't with the flood! plus of that, we had brutes in reach. and i believe that they're weapons and vehicles don't matter THAT MUCH! since they're part of the covenant ( or let's just say "aliens" cause banished are actually against the covenant), so they can add everything that we could have to the covenant, doesn't necessarily HAVE to be "brutes", and plus of that, well flood doesn't have any weapons nor vehicles but it's different in another way that brutes aren't, the fighting style!
I'd have to go with The Flood. They're an entirely different faction that behave nothing like any of the Covenant races, and The Banished. The fact they are so different from anything else, makes them more interesting to me than Brutes.
Same, banished is just covenant but with one race that was part of the whole covenant thing, flood on the other and not only consists of banished but also the Covenant and UNSC and EVERYTHING! (maybe even wildlife!). and other than that, the whole atmosphere and way of fighting is COMPLETLY different, unlike the brutes where it just has "some differences"
If I have to choose between one or the other, then I want the Flood back. CE was an instant classic, and it had the Flood and no Brutes.
Exactly! it's the best game ever and what i really liked about it, is that it didn't just imported the "covenant", changed their texture and then boom! here you have flood! everything was different from the CORE!
Ken Static wrote:
To me personally, Jiralhanaes (brutes) give a brief "shock" feel in game since they're not encountered as much and are (nick-namesake) more brutish in nature and tactics. But the flood have the ability to change the entire tone of the game by making entire levels feel more survival-horror like hence why I prefer seeing them.
I know, but what do you they're not encountered as much? we had them in 2 and 3 and reach! also, they had their weapons and vehicles and everything! brutes are encountered as much as flood if not more!
Brutes can be the foundation of an entirely new faction with weapons and vehicles to compliment, but the Flood are also fun.

By the way, Brutes/Banished are confirmed to be in Infinite with new weapons. There's gonna be a sort of Spiker Rifle precision weapon it seems.
Awesome! i knew it was confirmed and also flood is confirmed! (maybe not "officially" but we ALL know that flood IS going to be in infinite!) i always wanted to have a precision brute weapon in the game (sniper rifle, br, carbine, beam rifle etc...)
For me I want to see the Flood and the Brutes
I can’t wait for this :)
Halo TP wrote:
I know it's literally the feeling of EVERYONE no surprise, but I asked which one do you prefer more?
Halo TP wrote:
I know it's literally the feeling of EVERYONE no surprise, but I asked which one do you prefer more?
ok :) IT'S Flood Spartan!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4