Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Which one is more important, Brutes or The Flood?

OP Tofigh 09 TMT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I feel like we will see the Banished make an appearance in Halo Infinite, Jul's version of the Covenant is pretty much over with. And through the events of Halo Wars 2 in 2559, the Banished will be the new challenge in Halo Infinite.
Let me just point out that if we encounter the Banished in Halo Infinite, they will more than likely be a "separate" Banished. The ones in the Ark are trapped there, without ships or portals to other planets. Unless 343i uses the Shadows of Reach book to give them means of leaving the Ark, we'd either have to settle with a Banished ruled by other Warlords, or no Banished altogether.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I feel like we will see the Banished make an appearance in Halo Infinite, Jul's version of the Covenant is pretty much over with. And through the events of Halo Wars 2 in 2559, the Banished will be the new challenge in Halo Infinite.
wkr
brutes infected by the flood are the most important ;)
Brutes would currently be more relevant to the story & their absence would be rather odd whereas flood would be much more interesting option with a lot more potential.
I guess that we don't have to worry about them fitting in the story, cause for both of them there ARE good and rational reasons to fit into the story just prefectly!
That wasn't my point, flood can either be there or not depending on whether there is an outbreak so it could make sense either way, the point was that brutes are so relevant to the intertwining endings of HW2 & H5g that them not making an appearance wouldn't really make sense.

But surely yes, Id view that as accurate statement.
For me it honestly just depends on whether the Prometheans are going to stick around post-Infinite. If Prometheans are going to be around post-infinite then I don't have a preference between Brutes or Flood returning. If Prometheans are getting defeated/destroyed/swept-under-the -rug at the end of Infinite then I would rather see the Flood return.

Getting to see Prometheans fight the Flood that they were specifically designed to fight just seems like too great of an opportunity to waste.
BChilly521 wrote:
Oh if we had brutes then not only do we get new weapons but we get a new challenge. brutes are hard to kill. imagine a warzone brute boss. like Tartarus or Atriox
I don't think we're going to see anything like warzone in Infinite, and so AREN'T THE FLOOD?! have you ever played Cortana on Legendary or even normal? In 2 the Brutes were "kinda" overpowered and stronger than the Flood but in 3 Brutes were almost NOTHING
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
WerepyreND wrote:
For me it honestly just depends on whether the Prometheans are going to stick around post-Infinite. If Prometheans are going to be around post-infinite then I don't have a preference between Brutes or Flood returning. If Prometheans are getting defeated/destroyed/swept-under-the -rug at the end of Infinite then I would rather see the Flood return.

Getting to see Prometheans fight the Flood that they were specifically designed to fight just seems like too great of an opportunity to waste.
Yeah you're right! i guess they're going to have some special anti-flood tactics
In my opinion, I would love to see the return of the Flood as they offer some unique combat opportunities which are less originated around constantly shooting enemies from cover.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
Let me just point out that if we encounter the Banished in Halo Infinite, they will more than likely be a "separate" Banished. The ones in the Ark are trapped there, without ships or portals to other planets. Unless 343i uses the Shadows of Reach book to give them means of leaving the Ark, we'd either have to settle with a Banished ruled by other Warlords, or no Banished altogether.
The Banished WERE trapped. It's been a few years. If Cortana intercepted Anders' Halo, her new Domain BS powers might be able to back-track the Slipspace jump back to the Ark. If that's at all possible, she might be able to offer Atriox a neat position under her wing.
MysticKami wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:
The Banished WERE trapped. It's been a few years. If Cortana intercepted Anders' Halo, her new Domain BS powers might be able to back-track the Slipspace jump back to the Ark. If that's at all possible, she might be able to offer Atriox a neat position under her wing.
Source? As far as I know, they're still trapped there.
Except that goes against Atriox's beliefs, which is a freelance, independent faction who fights for their own beliefs. Isabel even claims how Atriox lost 39 brothers at a time per mission for beliefs not their own.Atriox doesn't take anyone's attitude (for lack of a... better word). He does what he does for himself and his faction. I don't think he'd buy what's basically tyranny. If Atriox indeed agrees to help her, she'd need to agree to his terms (he'd DEFINITELY have a catch there). Cortana aims to enforce peace and order, and Atriox has the Banished's interests and ideals at heart. If her ideals get in his way, he won't buy it. Even if his Banished was an arm to the Created, even he knows his freedom would be limited.
The thing is, I don't think she'd need to be ultra-powerful to be able to retrace the ring's steps. The ring is literally connected to the Ark and the other Halos, all of which contain a Galactic map, as shown in Delta Halo. For someone so powerful and intelligent, the Ark could very well be one the locations she plans to return to and control.
In my opinion, I would love to see the return of the Flood as they offer some unique combat opportunities which are less originated around constantly shooting enemies from cover.
I feel you, most of the covenant fight on legendary is taking some cover, killing the little ones (grunts, jackals, buggers, engineers, skirmishers etc...), and then noob comboing the elites or the brutes (in H3). BUT the Flood is a WHOLE lot different way of fighting from the core!
I feel you, most of the covenant fight on legendary is taking some cover, killing the little ones (grunts, jackals, buggers, engineers, skirmishers etc...), and then noob comboing the elites or the brutes (in H3). BUT the Flood is a WHOLE lot different way of fighting from the core!
This is also one of the main reasons why I enjoy to play the mission Library in Halo CE on Legendary. It's always fun when the possibility to utilize an aggressive playstyle exist without being punished using it.
Both are iconic in their own right, but I feel that the floods main story is over, and they have a huge presence in the lore. I feel like the brutes have some story to tell that we never really got in the main games before (with the elites getting more attention usually). Halo wars 2 proves that they could make a great campaign if utilised correctly and they also add a new dynamic to the mandatory covenant faction, being a great deal more aggressive with the other species. To cut a long story short, I would prefer brutes back.
Because of the significance of this ring, the Flood.
I would like to see the banished aka the brutes
This is also one of the main reasons why I enjoy to play the mission Library in Halo CE on Legendary. It's always fun when the possibility to utilize an aggressive playstyle exist without being punished using it.
Yeah same! idk why a LOT of people hate the library, tbh it's one of my favourite missions of all time!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4