Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

who liked the visr link in halo 5?

OP Halo guy7310

just wondering if you guys would also like it back in halo 6.
Yep definitely! It would be fun for wandering around the Ring
What is a VISR Link? O.o
VISR link? You mean iront sights?
I didn’t hate it. I thought of it as a forgettable gimmick
A visr link is the thing that gives you a scope on every weapon
No, it was a downgrade both in terms of gameplay and lore. Not all weapons should have the ability to scope, whether or not a weapon can scope is an important balancing and design tool.
Actually it was Smart Link. But I would appreciate the VISR from ODST
Sure, why the heck should I not be able to scope down my sight. If left trigger is defaulted to throwing a grenade I may kill more teammates than enimies
No. Halo 5 had Smart-Scope. "Smart-Link" refers to the canonical explanation for the classic zoom in previous Halo games.

OT: I don't want to see Smart-Scope nor Artemis Tracking in Halo: Infinite. Bring back Smart-Link (Classic Zoom) and standard nav-points that appear only in certain circumstances during the Campaign.
If I'm thinking of what you're thinking of then I like the visuals of it but rather not have the ability to zoom in with shotguns and automatics
A visr link is the thing that gives you a scope on every weapon
Oh, you mean Aim Down Sights.
Nah, I'd rather have Smart-Link back.
It doesn't mess with the lore, break gameplay by adding spread buffs to the weapons or clutter the screen while zooming.
No. Halo 5 had Smart-Scope. "Smart-Link" refers to the canonical explanation for the classic zoom in previous Halo games.

OT: I don't want to see Smart-Scope nor Artemis Tracking in Halo: Infinite. Bring back Smart-Link (Classic Zoom) and standard nav-points that appear only in certain circumstances during the Campaign.
Sorry my bad. But I liked the concept of Artemis tracking system. Let's see what the future holds

Sorry my bad. But I liked the concept of Artemis tracking system. Let's see what the future holds
It wouldn't be needed if the campaign wasn't so confusing H1-H4.

I don't like any feature that allows the main character to show exactly where they should be going at all times. Unless it's open world and the mission has been chosen by the player, it makes the game feel ten times more linear - And Halo 5's levels were already as linear as Halo has ever been.