Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who's in Chief's head now?

OP ericdk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Which AI did you think Chief was plugging into his helmet?
Halsey in digital form?
Honestly, imo i think we got two teasers today, That helment scene is SUPER Reminescent to a few scenes from H3...Ehhhhh?
Honestly, imo i think we got two teasers today, That helment scene is SUPER Reminescent to a few scenes from H3...Ehhhhh?
Yeah I think he must get a new set of armour which is fairly reminiscent of his Halo 2/3 plate.

I'd assume the AI is Cortana since its blue. If they wanted to indicate it was a different AI then they would make it some other colour. Which, given the ending of Halo 5 doesn't make a lot of sense. To put it mildly. :D My assumption is that this is a (blunt) hint about where the plot goes. They did a livestream not a few months ago where they joked about Cortana being evil so its not likely to be a retcon or prequel. I mean they wouldn't be releasing the novel Halo Bad Blood set after Halo 5. Plus, the main complaint they said they would address would be not relying on external material. Having Cortana back with the Chief off screen would be jarring.

I am more struck by the tone of the trailer. I think everyone expected Chief on a Halo ring. But I was expecting some kind of Terminator Judgement Day madness or making it like she was going to fire the ring. Something closer to Halo 3's bubble shield trailer.
It's possible that it's just showing off the engine, and chief won't actually look like that.

However, maybe chief gets a new AI buddy and old armor to boot, won't know until we get more info.

So excited!
Cor-two-na.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think it's just a 'learn to type' program he's interested in.
sniper945 wrote:
It's possible that it's just showing off the engine, and chief won't actually look like that.

However, maybe chief gets a new AI buddy and old armor to boot, won't know until we get more info.

So excited!
But if they had created a whole new AI character for the Chief to have in Halo 6 I'd be surprised if they kept it the same colour as Cortana. Rolands yellow and Isabel is orange so not every UNSC AI is blue.

I mean Halsey could have made another Cortana AI. Which could get pretty confusing.
Chakas
Could be another copy of Cortana that Halsey made?
Chimera30 wrote:
Cor-two-na.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Very clever assumption.
It looks like Cortana, why wouldn't it be?
Could be another copy of Cortana that Halsey made?
If this game moves forward from 5, i was asuming the same thing
it's most likely nothing and was just for the trailer. if there does happen to be a new ai then maybe medicant bias or intrepid eye. I'm not opposed to the idea of someone completely new though. it'd make a good story arc, chief having to get use to this new ai and cortana finding out about it and becomes jealous and becomes much more violent and angry towards chief and the new ai.
Frankie
Cortana backup file.
sniper945 wrote:

So excited!
That is also what I am getting at. Due to how weird everything looks, it feels more like them saying, "Hey, we have a new Halo game on a new engine with new stuff" and doesn't pertain to anything within the story.
Cortana 2.0
Good question. If I had to say it’s a copy of Cortana. She mentioned that Halsey could do that in halo 4 when she was going rampant but idk chief said he wouldn’t do that and I don’t think they’d give him a new AI
Good question. If I had to say it’s a copy of Cortana. She mentioned that Halsey could do that in halo 4 when she was going rampant but idk chief said he wouldn’t do that and I don’t think they’d give him a new AI
Yeah better for him to not get a new AI.He gets quite emotional with AIs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3