Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who's in Chief's head now?

OP ericdk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Good question. If I had to say it’s a copy of Cortana. She mentioned that Halsey could do that in halo 4 when she was going rampant but idk chief said he wouldn’t do that and I don’t think they’d give him a new AI
Yeah better for him to not get a new AI.He gets quite emotional with AIs.
Well that is also true I was referring to 343 when I said that’s. I don’t think people would accept a replacement Cortana.
Dose the color even mean anything? Like, dose the chip allway light up blue or dose it take on the color of the ai? Im asuming the blue was becasue of cortana, becuase the story tellers wanted to have a symbloic color when he put in the chip. Or like some one else allready said, what if its just for the trailer and advertisement, and has nothing to do with anything. Other than makeing us go yayyyy
I hope Sgt. Johnson comes back in AI form. Imagine that reunion with Cortana lol
Exuberant Witness in AI form!! Lol
Ideally, nobody. While it's now unlikely, I'd prefer Chief stick with Blue Team, the team she's spent well over 30 years operating with. I suppose if she had the equipment Halsey could make a new AI, but even if they used her brain again I'd seriously question whether it'd even look or act like Cortana used to. Beyond that, it feels like it'd be good for nostalgia's sake only. You aren't going to recapture the same magic that Cortana had the first time around.

You really want to impress me? Let Chief have to work with the digitized Ur-Didact.
I wanna say it's a copy of Cortana as the others have said, but one that'll help Chief fight the (corrupted) original. Kinda like a Mendicant Bias-Offensive Bias thing.
HaXoR73 wrote:
I wanna say it's a copy of Cortana as the others have said, but one that'll help Chief fight the (corrupted) original. Kinda like a Mendicant Bias-Offensive Bias thing.
I don't see how a brand new copy of Cortana (which wouldn't even really be a copy anyway) would be able to stand up to Cortana in control of the Domain.
My friend suggested a "Maybe the Halo 5 Cortana wasn't the real Cortana" which I could kind of see. Maybe if she was a construct of the Prometheans created to screw with Master Chief and the UNSC. Since Master Chief is centered on some kind of forerunner prophecy
Do you really think they would show that just to hurt us? I don't think it would be a good move, playing with our emotions this way, after the last disaster.
Everything in that trailer screams an apology, that they heard us, they know they screwed up with Halo 5 story and a lot of other things.

They can't show a scene that iconic without being her. I'll never forgive something like that.

Edit: I'm assuming that, in my opinion, Halo 5's Cortana isn't the real Cortana. I always felt that way since the first time I played the game. My theory was that the E3 2013 trailer was taking place after Halo 5 and Chief will eventually search for her, the real her and bring her back.
Do you really think they would show that just to hurt us? I don't think it would be a good move, playing with our emotions this way, after the last disaster.
Everything in that trailer screams an apology, that they heard us, they know they screwed up with Halo 5 story and a lot of other things.

They can't show a scene that iconic without being her. I'll never forgive something like that.
Having Cortana be Chief's friend again after her mass murder spree with the Guardians and deception on Genesis would be a bloody disgrace. You don't reward behavior like Cortana's.
sniper945 wrote:
It's possible that it's just showing off the engine, and chief won't actually look like that.

However, maybe chief gets a new AI buddy and old armor to boot, won't know until we get more info.

So excited!
But if they had created a whole new AI character for the Chief to have in Halo 6 I'd be surprised if they kept it the same colour as Cortana. Rolands yellow and Isabel is orange so not every UNSC AI is blue.

I mean Halsey could have made another Cortana AI. Which could get pretty confusing.

Technically Cortana was a fragment of a much larger A.I. and the destruction of that a I was never confirmed

Having Cortana be Chief's friend again after her mass murder spree with the Guardians and deception on Genesis would be a bloody disgrace. You don't reward behavior like Cortana's.
Yes of course, but for me it's not the real Cortana in Halo 5. There's no way. I should have been more precise.
To be honest, from the day I played Halo 5 I stood by that. I just can't accept that Cortana became "that". That's a disgrace to me.

Yes of course, but for me it's not the real Cortana in Halo 5. There's no way. I should have been more precise.
To be honest, from the day I played Halo 5 I stood by that. I just can't accept that Cortana became "that". That's a disgrace to me.
I mean, it is Cortana. When Brian Reed said Cortana surviving Halo 4 was planned from the beginning, I'm liable to believe him. Sure, they can toss out a bunch of theories why she's the way she is (and they have), but it's sadly her.
Who knows? There's really no way to tell. AI seem to have light hues associated with them, and there's a blue glow here -- we've seen blue associated with Guilty Spark and Cortana, and the Librarian. I'd sooner believe we get a new character than Spark or the Librarian. Or that Cortana somehow defects from her own organization.
You really want to impress me? Let Chief have to work with the digitized Ur-Didact.
I am as down for that as I can be. It would be the only useful thing we get out of that turn of events. After Cortana and John having a great friendship, it would be awesome if Chief's next partner despised him. Chell and GLaDOS stuff.

I mean, it is Cortana. When Brian Reed said Cortana surviving Halo 4 was planned from the beginning, I'm liable to believe him. Sure, they can toss out a bunch of theories why she's the way she is (and they have), but it's sadly her.
To be honest I don't know if we can believe anything said about Halo 5. I'm sure we don't want to remember all those marketing lies they threw at us. Something's for sure, there's a lot we don't know about the developement of this game, something happened at some point. There's too many weird things. I was just hoping they would just tell the truth instead of just hiding behind false statements again and again. Something went wrong during Halo 5 developement, I'm sure of it. They can say whatever they want about the story "that we're too dumb to understand", "there's more than that" and so on. In the end .. I'm still searching for that "greatest hunt in video game history".

Hunt the Truth they said. Oh, and they forgot something called Halo 4 and another thing called "Spartan Ops" I think? Wasn't there a new Covenant leader there? Ah yes, he died with one hit in the first cutscene of the game. Right. That guy. Cortana? Halsey? Locke? To me, Halo 5 story is just unacceptable, in every aspects of it.

Liking Halo 4 gameplay and multiplayer or not, I think a lot of us loved the story. I just can't believe they just threw all of it away. I'm just dreaming that they will bring the story back on track, and there's quite some work to do.
Personally, I think they were just trying to build hype and discussion just like this. I don't believe he was plugging in any A.I. but if he was then maybe it was Cortana, but a good remnant of her and not this tyrannical Cortana we see in Halo 5.
Before the events of Halo 3 they did a brain scan of Sergeant Johnson and turned him into an AI.
A Cortana fragment of some sort, another Cortana-model AI based on Halsey's brain, or a forerunner intelligence.
If I had to guess I think that was just for the demo. But if there is in fact an AI going into that beautiful helmet in the game... very interesting.
Mendicant Bias, maybe?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3