Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who's the AI that MC puts into his helmet?

OP KingOfD0p3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Could it be he got the original Cortana back or a new AI?
Probably nobody. The primary purpose of the trailer was as a tech demo for the Slipspace Engine. Hell, could end up being the video that pops up in games telling you want engine the game runs on.
Probably nobody. The primary purpose of the trailer was as a tech demo for the Slipspace Engine. Hell, could end up being the video that pops up in games telling you want engine the game runs on.
Ah ok...yea I saw that when the trailer first came out..but I thought to myself...did he finally find her or get a new one
Noble Six delivered a shard of cortana to the PoA at the end of the game. (Sorry, I don't care about any 5+ year old spoiler lol.)

My guess is it's a preserved piece of cortana, and we'll get to Re-experience Chief and Cortana bonding through the trials of combat.
Noble Six delivered a shard of cortana to the PoA at the end of the game. (Sorry, I don't care about any 5+ year old spoiler lol.)

My guess is it's a preserved piece of cortana, and we'll get to Re-experience Chief and Cortana bonding through the trials of combat.
huh? I thought that was the whole essensence of her if you will

That fragment was re-integrated into Cortana before the events of Halo: CE.

Ill be honest, I don’t want to see Chief and Cortana as partners again. Their bond had the best closure it could get in Halo 4 and anything else is going to be a letdown. You can’t recapture that same fire.

Ill be honest, I don’t want to see Chief and Cortana as partners again. Their bond had the best closure it could get in Halo 4 and anything else is going to be a letdown. You can’t recapture that same fire.
I thought so
I'm concerned that if this conversation lingers on Cortana, Dr. Halsey is going to take this discussion to Twitter lol

As for the topic, yeah it's probably not representing anything canon. Just a callback for people who remember that one Halo cutscene with the chip and the helmet chip thing. That.

Now you ruined Reach for me! Way to go! I'm going to sell my Xbox now! Halo is forever ruined 😭! On a serious note, Halsey is probably right. But ya never know, it could be a Sargent Johnson A.I. (I sure hope it is anyways lol)!

I didn't say I thought it would be the best approach. I agree that it won't bring back the same feelings and experience as experiencing them getting to know each other originally.

But there's evidence that 343 is trying to get back to the original trilogy atmosphere. It's evident in the art style, redesigned armor, trailer soundtrack, and statements they've made at E3 and in interviews with outlets such as IGN and GameSpot. This approach would go right in line with that.

And my original theory is not that it is the same shard from reach, but a different, separately preserved shard which has been resting elsewhere.

huh? I thought that was the whole essensence of her if you will
Nope, it was just "a piece of her." I forget if this was explained in EU story, buried in Reach dialogue/collectibles, or confirmed by Bungie/343 later.

I'm guessing someone else can/will chime in with the answer at some point.
I am not sure myself

I didn't say I thought it would be the best approach. I agree that it won't bring back the same feelings and experience as experiencing them getting to know each other originally.

But there's evidence that 343 is trying to get back to the original trilogy atmosphere. It's evident in the art style, redesigned armor, trailer soundtrack, and statements they've made at E3 and in interviews with outlets such as IGN and GameSpot. This approach would go right in line with that.

And my original theory is not that it is the same shard from reach, but a different, separately preserved shard which has been resting elsewhere.
So basically they would just pull a super duper hidden fragment of Cortana from out of thin air that was never hinted at before? That's be incredibly lame. Also have to wonder when this would have happened. Halsey doesn't mention keeping a separate fragment hidden somewhere nor does she take it with her when she, Blue Team, and the survivors of Installation 04 leave Reach after the raid on Reach. It'd be so contrived that I think it'd actively hurt the story.

Not to mention it wouldn't be very respectful towards Cortana if 343 truly thinks they can assassinate her character and pull a clone from their collective behinds and act as if everything can just go back to normal.

So basically they would just pull a super duper hidden fragment of Cortana from out of thin air that was never hinted at before? That's be incredibly lame. Also have to wonder when this would have happened. Halsey doesn't mention keeping a separate fragment hidden somewhere nor does she take it with her when she, Blue Team, and the survivors of Installation 04 leave Reach after the raid on Reach. It'd be so contrived that I think it'd actively hurt the story.

Not to mention it wouldn't be very respectful towards Cortana if 343 truly thinks they can assassinate her character and pull a clone from their collective behinds and act as if everything can just go back to normal.
I'd just like to point out that everything you just mentioned about a new shard originating for story purposes being preposterous is literally exactly the story tool used in Reach...

That shard was never mentioned prior to the game, and it just poofed into existence for story purposes.

And as any good Halo fan knows, there's plenty of stuff out there that Halsey never mentions until it's convenient to have a cool plotline.

I'd just like to point out that everything you just mentioned about a new shard originating for story purposes being preposterous is literally exactly the story tool used in Reach...

That shard was never mentioned prior to the game, and it just poofed into existence for story purposes.

And as any good Halo fan knows, there's plenty of stuff out there that Halsey never mentions until it's convenient to have a cool plotline.
I suppose that's all well and good, but we're using the same plot point again for no good reason. Either way, Bungie making it so Halsey had a fragment to help her research a Forerunner artifact is a whole different ballgame to her having a SECOND fragment laying around that she has done absolutely nothing with since Halo: First Strike to now. This wouldn't be a cool plotline, it'd be something Halo would get rightfully mocked for. This part of the story isn't something you can just reset back to the status quo.
For the record, I agree with Halsey here that bringing back Cortana like nothing happened would be kinda lame. I'd rather 1) get a totally different AI, or 2) anything besides a brand new cortana model because i dont think you can effectively show that this hypothetical new cortana is a totally unique entity in a way that isn't either too small or too in your face.
I'm concerned that if this conversation lingers on Cortana, Dr. Halsey is going to take this discussion to Twitter lol

As for the topic, yeah it's probably not representing anything canon. Just a callback for people who remember that one Halo cutscene with the chip and the helmet chip thing. That.
I think 343 knows well enough that the trailer would be picked apart. Especially considering that the more code translates to mention Zeta Halo, where the game is expected to take place. (Especially since we see the ring at the end of the trailer.) And the dates in the trailer seem accurate given the time frame of Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2. So I think I AI chip is canon. Hopefully not Cortana though.
I actually was wondering that also.
What if it's a chip containing a copy of himself. Best person to get your back after your best friend betrayed you, would be yourself, also it would be a great way to continue chiefs story after he dies in one of the games. ( Sry I mean goes MIA )
I thought it was just a little extra metaphorical symbol for the new Slipstream engine. Like plugging in or something.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2