Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who's the main villain?

OP Reptar117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the release of the new teaser that teases the Banished, I think the questions needs to be asked. Who is the main villain for Halo Infinite? Is it Atriox, Cortana, someone else leading the Banished (Atriox is stranded on the Ark due to the ship being destroyed). Also with the toys revealed way back early in the year, we are getting standard covenant enemies such as Elites and Grunts in classic colors.
Who knows.
I’d assume Atriox but I guess we’ll find out soon enough
Of I had to guess... The Didact.
I'd want the Created to remain the primary antagonists... but we all know this is a soft reboot.
I have a bad feeling we're gonna get the jul treatment for cortana. I'd don't like the created arc but nothings worse for a story than a bad ending to something.

I'm hoping cortana is the main villain for the first like 3/4ths of the game while a new banished leader starts rising in threat and trying to either bring back atriox or establish a way to bring him reinforcements throughout the game until cortana is defeated or until the banished become a larger threat, then near the end of the game atriox makes his big return to the galaxy and is left as the new main antagonist for future games.
Reptar117 wrote:
With the release of the new teaser that teases the Banished, I think the questions needs to be asked. Who is the main villain for Halo Infinite? Is it Atriox, Cortana, someone else leading the Banished (Atriox is stranded on the Ark due to the ship being destroyed). Also with the toys revealed way back early in the year, we are getting standard covenant enemies such as Elites and Grunts in classic colors.
Just going off the trailers they’ve shown us:

- The Banished Warlord is the main villain since Atriox is on the Ark. They want to wipe out humanity. My only guess is that this is just about power. Humanity is too strong and the Banished are a brotherhood of strength. The Halo ring allows them to achieve their goals.

- Cortana is a more ethereal and detached character that the Chief is trying to work with. As opposed to the central antagonist and does not want to wipe out humanity. The conflict is that she’s still insane, yet really powerful and being a Rogue Servitor doesn’t want her bio trophies being killed. It could also be a case of putting Humpty Dumpty back together or downloading that latest patch to fix the various bugs. Like they could legit make the excuse that her mind has disintegrated into fragments since Halo 5 and the Banished are just rampaging through UNSC space.

The July event is probably going to fill in more of the gaps. I think there’s a big piece of context concerning what going on with the Created and Cortana missing. My guess is that this has been a very bad Stellaris run for Cortana. Which, thematically would make sense. If the Created actually can’t even protect humanity from the Banished then they’ve obviously just exposed humanity to doom by disarming them. Oh if they had stood together with humanity things would have never got this bad
I have a bad feeling we're gonna get the jul treatment for cortana. I'd don't like the created arc but nothings worse for a story than a bad ending to something.

I'm hoping cortana is the main villain for the first like 3/4ths of the game while a new banished leader starts rising in threat and trying to either bring back atriox or establish a way to bring him reinforcements throughout the game until cortana is defeated or until the banished become a larger threat, then near the end of the game atriox makes his big return to the galaxy and is left as the new main antagonist for future games.
I don't know, I kinda hate the Cortana storyline. Hopefully no Jul treatment occurs.

I also get a bad feeling about this.

Unpopular sentiment but I didn't really care about Jul getting killed off at the beginning of H5. He was only in Spartan Ops, a game within a game. Furthermore, he barely had any character and the Covenant remnant never really posed much of a threat.

Cortana on the other hand has loads of character, has been been in Halo since its beginning, and the threat she poses can't even compare to the Covenant remnant.

As much as dislike her villain arc, I also can't think of a way for there to be a satisfying redemption arc; so I hope she stays as the primary villain.
I'm hoping we will have multiple antagonists. Banished, Created and maybe Flood each on the ring for their own reasons could create an new dynamic that we haven't really seen in Halo before and would be a breath of fresh air. It would be especially cool if there wasn't some Forerunner McGuffin to push the plot forwards, and the entire thing is about the complicated war and relationships between these factions.

To get into specifics, Atriox is trapped on the ark fighting against the Spirit of Fire, so the Banished have to be represented by someone new. I am assuming the Banished have been trying to capture all Forerunner super-weapons to take control of the galaxy. That's why they are at, you know, both the Ark and a Halo at the same time.
Cortana is still a main villain who needs to either be expanded upon or ended satisfyingly (unlike Jul); I personally would like to see something go horribly wrong with her control over the Created forcing her to work with the UNSC again; but she still keeps her evil megalomaniac morals, but that's just my opinion. Don't even consider that speculation. I think it could be a funny parody of the original trilogy.
And we are pretty sure the game will be set on Zeta Halo (Installation 07) which apparently has a big Flood presence. Not much to say about the Flood, they can always be expanded upon to be a more horror-like group. You could get into some really deep sci-fi with them.

Although nothing suggests this, it would be awesome to see the Didact make some kind of dramatic appearance in the game. He's a pretty hardcore villain who was just kinda left behind for no apparent reason. I would love to see a revamped Didact with some new Prometheans that fit the game better.
Hard to say at this point. But in the most recent trailer, the Banished are appearing but they will likely be central antagonist since the Created are arguably a much bigger problem during the current events. 343 Industries has some weird taboos to reusing villains (as if it would kill them to recycle one in another game) so one can only wonder at this point.
Just a thought but maybe there isn't a main villain but a power struggle since both 'evolved' Cortana, the Banished will want to fight for control until a 3rd party turns up aka the Flood. I suspect a return of the Forerunner empire due the series being in the 'Reclaimer' saga, that can mean Forerunner or Humans so it's possible that the Forerunner empire could be returning as a friend or enemy.

Due to the overwhelming numbers, due to humanity numbers being severally low after the great war and because there on the run.......I suspect the Infinity crew, MC may seek out the Forerunner empire.
For me, I think it will be either Didact or Atriox
im kind of new to lore but... my thoughts are that the "legacy" of the lies of the prophet (so to speak) is the banished wreaking vengeance... against all...

it mainly just stems from his tone...

to explain more descriptively... it's like they're going to throw it in the face of the covenant and that will be their legacy despite some stupid covenant prophecy

let me know what you think.... be nice bc I acknowledged that I didn't know enough lore to effectively chime in....
Pre-game: Humans search reach to find ways to defeat the created, and probably have to fight the covenant remainders on the planet.

Pre-game: Humans learn of Zeta Halo, travel there, but are ambushed by the Banished, who are there to seize the halo ring for themselves. The ring is damaged by the Humans, but still operational. The Banished are struggling, but getting close to learning how to fire the ring.

First 1/3: Chief fights the Banished to try to destroy the ring.

Second 1/3: The created arrive to restore order.

Final 1/3: The flood reveal themselves and all hell breaks loose.

It's a 4-way struggle to take control of zeta halo. Alliances are formed and broken. Sacrifices are made. If this game is going to be Destiny-like, then my predictions above may be separated into multiple DLCs or something.
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
Pre-game: Humans search reach to find ways to defeat the created, and probably have to fight the covenant remainders on the planet.

Pre-game: Humans learn of Zeta Halo, travel there, but are ambushed by the Banished, who are there to seize the halo ring for themselves. The ring is damaged by the Humans, but still operational. The Banished are struggling, but getting close to learning how to fire the ring.

First 1/3: Chief fights the Banished to try to destroy the ring.

Second 1/3: The created arrive to restore order.

Final 1/3: The flood reveal themselves and all hell breaks loose.

It's a 4-way struggle to take control of zeta halo. Alliances are formed and broken. Sacrifices are made. If this game is going to be Destiny-like, then my predictions above may be separated into multiple DLCs or something.
wooh... u just blew my mind... so cool of an idea.... ill just be on multi-player though....
I think what will happen:
War between the Banished and the new Cortana forces will lead to massive war, this would lead to the Infinity getting destroyed within the cross-fire forcing the chief to be stranded in space while later looking within the 'damaged' ring for answers on what this new ring is and possible Flood, with a new Cortana AI made by Halsey then I'm sure he'll be looking for answers on what happened and on how to get help. I suspect this means they will have to retreat then maybe lead to the return of the original Forerunners race to help out, leading to the chief to explore outside our galaxy to the unknown.

Meanwhile the Halo ring that was launched at the end of HW2 I believe will attract 'evolved' Cortana's attention leading her to revisiting the Ark and maybe losing further control when she see's the original Gravemind survived, the Logic Plague could lead to the worst case scenario because it would mean she has near total control, is able to infect countless worlds with ease....which would be perfect for the Flood and their long term plans.
The Didact :)))
Seems to me that there’s room for a really big story/plot and for many things to happen with a diverse set of enemies. I think a way to do this is maybe split Halo Infinite into 2 games or going a Spartan Ops-like route for story expansion.

all I know is I still want this Cortana/Created stuff to be dealt with as much as I really want to fight the Banished
I think halo infinite will have a much longer campaign. Rumors are pointing to around 25 missions. So I think Cortana and the banished will both be major villains sort of like the flood and truth from halo 3. I also think Cortana is actually being controlled by a much bigger villain, possibly the gravemind or the didact.
Hopefully The Didact
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2