Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who was pleased with halo infinite’s demo?

OP SPARTANIV5647

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
I honestly loved it. I want to know who was pleased and who wasn’t
I thought it looked very promising. Will need more information about open world flow and the MM system. But the core gameplay looked solid to me.

I've been around since Halo CE day 1 (translation, I'm old). We will see all kinds of hate, and not much from the silent majority. So it may be difficult to see how it really stuck with the world in these forums (: My 'less involved' friends all loved it. There is hope!

Can't wait for more.
Looks like a cartoon
I'm very nervous to be honest personally I could care less about campaign and what mechanics they add in but I want the grappling hook no where near multiplayer especially in comp.

As long as the gun play is crisp like H5 and H2 and feels like halo then I'm chilling.
I agree, it looked like a cartoon. I’m really disappointed.
I am very excited for the open-world type gameplay. I get peoples concerns that an open world game "doesn't feel like halo". But I love open world games, especially for achievement hunting, and this gameplay reveal has me very excited for Halo Infinite.
It looks like borderlands.....

so pissed right now
I'm very dissapointed, my hype is completely gone, no thrust but we have sprint? The grappling hook seemed generic. I don't know. I need to see more but my hype is gone.
-Need to see more, i take my statement back. Some aspects looks really nice
Speaking frankly, my interest is pretty much gone. If I wanted to play Destiny or Doom, I'd go do that. I'm just completely gutted...
I.. I can't believe how bad it was. On every level. In every way. Gutted. Halo is dead.
How do Australians see this demo, is there a link?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
JohnDang55 wrote:
You can watch from Xbox.com, Twitch, or Youtube. I would have copied a direct link but I'm not sure it would have worked for you since I'm in the US?
I don't agree with the sentiments of people that thought it looked like a cartoon at all. It's a little bit more vivid, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

I'm still excited for it. Didn't really disappoint, but also didn't really make me want it more than I already do lol.
I mean it looks promising because we still have only seen such a tiny bit of it all. And there were things to get excited about.

But it also looks very...un-Halo in terms of pace of the action, the flatness of it all, Escharum looks lame, the sounds were off.

I don't know at this point to be honest.
JohnDang55 wrote:
Here you go:

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo
It looks very promising!

I think folks need to keep in mind, this is a DEMO. Final release is several months away, so the graphical polish is not quite finished yet and that was evident here. This is not what's hitting the XBONE on the Holiday Season.

Thus far, I like how chief moves, I like the open world aspects of trying to evoke the wonder that Halo: CE did, and giving Chief the tools to explore that environment makes that possible. The combat looks fun and frantic, the environments look and feel like halo, the gameplay feels like halo! The sound design ABSOLUTELY feels like a Halo game! It blends both 343's and Bungies art styles, and the results are quite something!

Third, CLASSIC SHIELD SOUNDS! I missed those so much!

Fourth, looks like the powerup pickups make a return in the vein of Halo 3, such as a deployable shield. I saw the option to pick up a fusion coil, which could create some very neat dynamics!

I understand a lot of people are VERY anxious right now without seeing the multiplayer, but thus far I like what I see! Memory serves correctly, Halo 4's gameplay trailer wasn't fully touched up and the final release looked much better, too.

So thus, I say to my fellow Halo fans: RELAX. Enjoy this for what it is: the Chief is back. Halo is BACK.
Tresor564 wrote:
I'm very nervous to be honest personally I could care less about campaign and what mechanics they add in but I want the grappling hook no where near multiplayer especially in comp.

As long as the gun play is crisp like H5 and H2 and feels like halo then I'm chilling.
Yea I hope that comp maps only get rid of the grappling hook and that shield whatever thing. I’m all a competitive person. I’m nervous too
I mean I liked the demo... But there was little to no reference to really anything from Halo 5. Like did 343 just silently cut the Created from existence? I personally didn't like Halo 5's campaign but you really can't say a game is a direct sequel and just cut the antagonists from existence.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18