Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Who was pleased with halo infinite’s demo?

OP SPARTANIV5647

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18
I liked it a lot. Music was fantastic. Fresh gameplay mechanics were introduced, between the grapple, the ability to throw explosives, and the elites and Brutes fighting side by side. And I really liked Hyperius. He's the first Villain to take a serious interest in Chief. Besides Cortana but that's different. My only concern is the the quality of some of the nature elements. Grass seemed to pop out of existence when it approached the edge of the screen.
Glad some ppl like u are enjoying it
Actually it had blown me away and i can't wait for full release. Sure it isn't flawless in every area and we've only seen a small bit of the whole Game. There is a lot of stuff which i want to know about as well(like MP obviously), but overall this was an amazing first gameplay and i really can't wait to explore this world.
However after seeing how toxic the halo community is again, i'm really on the edge to avoid anything social network which is Halo related.
This game def had me blown away at how beautiful it looked
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Except for the graphics, that look too cartoony and unpolished, I like everything I saw in the demo. The gameplay mechanics look very solid and interesting, it's like the perfect match between the classic and the new mechanics, and the few details that 343 has showed about the story sound very promising.
Doesn’t the first e3 trailer look way better than this?
Yes, glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this. The reveal trailer of the E3 2018 has better graphics that this demo. It feels like 343 has made a severe downgrade like those that Ubisoft is used to do.
I wonder why they changed it and if it is possible to go back probably not but still
Sprint, cartoonish graphics and... questionable weapon design. It really doesn't feel like the game is pushing the Xbox at all. Neither the graphics nor the visuals look impressive. At least Halo 5's visuals looked good and had some form of realism. Infinite doesn't. And it's grinding my gears angrily.
I hope 343i changes this. Better weapon design, less cartoon, and so on. I really, really hope adds realism back to graphics, even if it means delaying the game. I'm sorry, but it's hard to believable Infinite looks like that in a world where Halo Reach exists, or even Halo 4.
It looks a lot like Doom to me?

Grappling hook looks like it was lifted straight out of Just Cause 4.
I really enjoyed the demo
I really enjoyed the demo
So did I!
I love the Halo 2 style pistol. It should be a side arm instead of you main weapon. I'm glad that 343 made the choice.
I mean I liked the demo... But there was little to no reference to really anything from Halo 5. Like did 343 just silently cut the Created from existence? I personally didn't like Halo 5's campaign but you really can't say a game is a direct sequel and just cut the antagonists from existence.
Tell that to how Halo 5 outright dropped every plot thread set up in Halo 4. 343 Industries has done it once, who says they won't do it again?
I love the Halo 2 style pistol. It should be a side arm instead of you main weapon. I'm glad that 343 made the choice.
I still didn’t see enough action from the magnum to decide if this will be OP such as in halo 5
  • Game looks beautiful in my opinion.
  • Not sure on the grappling hook.
  • Got a Doom/Destiny vibe from it too.
  • Love the open world aspect.
  • Not sure on the new weapons.
  • I love the fact we're playing as chief and fighting the Banished.
  • Wondering about Cortana/Flood/Arbiter/Halsey and Blue Team - Wondering what happened to them, as UNSC/Humanity seems to be scattered and ruined.
I'm quite excited overall. I was impressed.
  • Game looks beautiful in my opinion.
  • Not sure on the grappling hook.
  • Got a Doom/Destiny vibe from it too.
  • Love the open world aspect.
  • Not sure on the new weapons.
  • I love the fact we're playing as chief and fighting the Banished.
  • Wondering about Cortana/Flood/Arbiter/Hlasye and Blue Team - Wondering what happned to them, as UNSC/Humanity seems to be scattered and ruined.
I'm quite excited overall. I was impressed.
These things are going inside my mind too
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Except for the graphics, that look too cartoony and unpolished, I like everything I saw in the demo. The gameplay mechanics look very solid and interesting, it's like the perfect match between the classic and the new mechanics, and the few details that 343 has showed about the story sound very promising.
Yes, glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this. The reveal trailer of the E3 2018 has better graphics that this demo. It feels like 343 has made a severe downgrade like those that Ubisoft is used to do.
I wonder why they changed it and if it is possible to go back probably not but still
Perhaps it has someting to do with the fact that it will be a Xbox One title too. Microsoft has said that they want a soft transition between generations (and with the current state of the economy thanks to the pandemic, it seems that, in general, the new generation of consoles will have a slower adoption), and adapt a game as big as Infinite promises to be, to the current generarition requires certain sacrifices. Also the open world (or the semiopen world, 343 has not cleared that detail yet) mechanic is itself demanding.
I'm so hyped from the Demo. It looks worlds better than 5. Graphics look amazing, Guns look fun, all I need to know for campaign at this stage is if there is going to be full co-op for it.
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Maybe it's because they want to achieve 4K60 on the series X. I believe the PC version will have better graphics for players to enable.
I really liked it! I just hope it gets some desperately needed TLC before it hits the market officially. Like that Phantom needs an overhaul, it looked straight out of a megablocks set, some of the shading for light casting needs to be tweaked a bit, and obviously some meshes should hopefully be cleaned up by the time we actually get the final product.

Over all I thought it was pretty good.
I think the worst part about the new halo game is the fan base. Unrealistic expectations, mostly complains, no matter what they try.

The demo started and as soon as chief walked out I got halo CE feels.
Of course it looks different, it's a completely new engine and you'll get used to it. This game is on par with current games in terms of graphics.
It's unfortunate that a bunch of crybabies get so much attention. Grappling hook seems like something interesting to try and imo it could've been implemented sooner.
Am I going to buy the game? not right away. Let the beta testers get rid of the bugs and I'll pick up the game at reduced price and polished a few months later.
Games evolve, but I feel like a big part of the fan base doesn't, which is unfortunate. If you want an old looking game, play the old games and let people who are interested in something new move on.
At this point we have to see more but it's already a vast improvement over halo 5 for me and that's what matters most imo
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Perhaps it has someting to do with the fact that it will be a Xbox One title too. Microsoft has said that they want a soft transition between generations (and with the current state of the economy thanks to the pandemic, it seems that, in general, the new generation of consoles will have a slower adoption), and adapt a game as big as Infinite promises to be, to the current generarition requires certain sacrifices. Also the open world (or the semiopen world, 343 has not cleared that detail yet) mechanic is itself demanding.
Raptor2401 wrote:
Raptor2401 wrote:
Maybe it's because they want to achieve 4K60 on the series X. I believe the PC version will have better graphics for players to enable.
These are good points.
Lord Sedg wrote:
I'm so hyped from the Demo. It looks worlds better than 5. Graphics look amazing, Guns look fun, all I need to know for campaign at this stage is if there is going to be full co-op for it.
yea I’m not sure about these new guns tho. That carbine had a word before “carbine” giving me the idea of different weapon types of the same weapon. Idk I have a feeling that they’re tryna take away all of the actual weapons and replacing them with these
I liked almost every thing. Slide, the magnum design and a sort of weird look on the brutes face (Halo 3 brute faces honestly looked better than that guy when it came to texturing) which made everything else look meh (the brute from the cutscene to be clear).
I don't have a problem with the graphics, i think they are beautiful :)

I can see why a lot of the people in the chat on the livestream weren't happy about "a five year wait for a doom eternal+Destiny 2+halo 5 mixup bla bla bla". I get that and i honestly kind of feel the same. But I havent played it yet and hell it could be amazing.

All i can really say is just give 343 some time, this was a DEMO (emphasis on the demo), they could eventually update some of the graphics and weapons designs like with Halo 5 and the multiplayer hasn't even been revealed yet so to all of the Toxic fans who are crying about some graphics that looked a bit off, chill out and give it a chance this is a demo and not a full game release that cannot be changed forever.

Also a lot of people where very happy with what came out, me included, props to 343 and hopefully you can truly create something amazing, I cannot wait to play :)
The slide is so brief I had to have someone explain to me it's not a strafe movement.
I think the worst part about the new halo game is the fan base. Unrealistic expectations, mostly complains, no matter what they try.

The demo started and as soon as chief walked out I got halo CE feels.
Of course it looks different, it's a completely new engine and you'll get used to it. This game is on par with current games in terms of graphics.
It's unfortunate that a bunch of crybabies get so much attention. Grappling hook seems like something interesting to try and imo it could've been implemented sooner.
Am I going to buy the game? not right away. Let the beta testers get rid of the bugs and I'll pick up the game at reduced price and polished a few months later.
Games evolve, but I feel like a big part of the fan base doesn't, which is unfortunate. If you want an old looking game, play the old games and let people who are interested in something new move on.
At this point we have to see more but it's already a vast improvement over halo 5 for me and that's what matters most imo
Yea I’ll admit that the halo community is the most bratty one 😂😂
I liked almost every thing. Slide, the magnum design and a sort of weird look on the brutes face (Halo 3 brute faces honestly looked better than that guy when it came to texturing) which made everything else look meh (the brute from the cutscene to be clear).
I don't have a problem with the graphics, i think they are beautiful :)

I can see why a lot of the people in the chat on the livestream weren't happy about "a five year wait for a doom eternal+Destiny 2+halo 5 mixup bla bla bla". I get that and i honestly kind of feel the same. But I havent played it yet and hell it could be amazing.

All i can really say is just give 343 some time, this was a DEMO (emphasis on the demo), they could eventually update some of the graphics and weapons designs like with Halo 5 and the multiplayer hasn't even been revealed yet so to all of the Toxic fans who are crying about some graphics that looked a bit off, chill out and give it a chance this is a demo and not a full game release that cannot be changed forever.

Also a lot of people where very happy with what came out, me included, props to 343 and hopefully you can truly create something amazing, I cannot wait to play :)
Slide? You liked slide? Did you watch the same Halo Infinite demo we did?
Slide was in the demo. He did it twice but I get what u mean if u were joking
Tresor564 wrote:
I'm very nervous to be honest personally I could care less about campaign and what mechanics they add in but I want the grappling hook no where near multiplayer especially in comp.

As long as the gun play is crisp like H5 and H2 and feels like halo then I'm chilling.
They said the grappler will be in multiplayer but as a pick up not an ability.
That would just be worse, it needs to stay out of multiplayer completely keep it in campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 18