Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] why do people want a Battleroyal mode in infinite?

OP HomebredAbyss27

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
People, no. A BR in Halo wouldn't be 343i's version of BR, it'd be a Halo-themed BR. Stop getting stupidly hyped for Infinite and realize that just because it looks cool, 343i is still 343i and will definitely royally screw up a BR. Get your act together, people.
People, no. A BR in Halo wouldn't be 343i's version of BR, it'd be a Halo-themed BR. Stop getting stupidly hyped for Infinite and realize that just because it looks cool, 343i is still 343i and will definitely royally screw up a BR. Get your act together, people.
I actually think 343 is quite talented, they just have a fundamental misunderstanding of what halo is. Lately with MCC where it’s at now (not perfect but better) and where Infinite looks at the moment it seems like they are on the right track.

sadly though you may be right. When trying to “make their own game”, Halo 4 was a CoD clone. Halo 5 wasn’t original just had a bunch of random crap from other games. If they make a BR they could make it well, but it probably would be a rip from other games and therefore fail.
I feel like people want it in Infinite because the games new "semi-open world" level design and large outdoor environments do cater to the battle royale map style. I don't really care whether or not Infinite has a BR mode (I'll go out on a limb and say that it could even be quite fun and successful if 343 is able to successfully innovate and Halo-ify the typical "fight to the last man standing" BR formula) but I think 343 needs to focus on delivering a compelling story in the campaign and core, traditional, H3-styled multiplayer, the things Halo is known for, before chasing after industry trends
yeah,
thanks for your replies I was wondering if it was ppossible to create a BR on halo annd if it was a good idea. thanks!
I actually think 343 is quite talented, they just have a fundamental misunderstanding of what halo is. Lately with MCC where it’s at now (not perfect but better) and where Infinite looks at the moment it seems like they are on the right track.

sadly though you may be right. When trying to “make their own game”, Halo 4 was a CoD clone. Halo 5 wasn’t original just had a bunch of random crap from other games. If they make a BR they could make it well, but it probably would be a rip from other games and therefore fail.
I agree with everything you said. 343i does seem talented, but they have a lethal trendchasing problem.
I want a Halo Battle Royale because I enjoy playing Battle Royale and I believe Halo is a franchise that would fit well with it. Halo has the sandbox and toys to make the ultimate Battle Royale imo. I think it will happen one day too.
I think they should keep BR out of Halo. It would just take dev focus away from multiplayer. Look at COD: Modern Warfare 2019. That game's multiplayer has been stale ever since Warzone was released. Is that game MW 2019 or Warzone? They both use the same application. It feels like I paid for MW 2019, but got Warzone instead. Every single FPS doesn't need a BR mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2