Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Why Halo Infinite isn’t Gold yet?

OP CptOliver83

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
At this point, after many years in development, Halo Infinite should have been Gold by now and Xbox should focusing on marketing and creating hype around the game until launch day.

Instead, they are now dealing with a MAJOR graphic problem. We don’t know what happen durring development, but we know the Halo Infinite presentation has damaged both Halo and Xbox brand.

Worse, Halo Infinite was supposed to be a Xbox Gamepass seller, but it’s doing the exact opposite at the moment.

We, THE FANS, would appreciate CLEAR explanations of your vision and what’s the state of the rest of the game and what we should expect for the future of Halo Infinite.

Please set expectations 343i

Best Regards
It's a little alarming. Will be interesting to see what this game looks like when it ships. Hopefully a good enjoyable game.
The game needs to be delayed in my opinion. Obviously it is not even remotely close to being ready. Nor is it worth it to buy an Xbox Series X for this ugly looking game.
Aiming for Gold at this point is a little ambitious.

Especially given the COVID crisis. And overall Halo probably is doing 'ok'. Not a lot of other AAA games touted for the new consoles have shown raw game play.

It's a 'significant' graphics problem for sure, but the Digital Foundry video points out that a lot of it can be salvaged with better lighting.

Fingers crossed they can keep things on track.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I have the bad feeling this game will announce delay in September.
Games usually go gold about a month before release. Unless you know something I don’t, we still have 3 or so months before release.
Darwi wrote:

Especially given the COVID crisis. And overall Halo probably is doing 'ok'. Not a lot of other AAA games touted for the new consoles have shown raw game play.

It's a 'significant' graphics problem for sure, but the Digital Foundry video points out that a lot of it can be salvaged with better lighting.

Better lighting is not a magical wand you can wave around to magically fix all the graphical issues of this game. Not only this but it's more then the graphics that is wrong with Halo: Infinite.
Games usually go gold about a month before release. Unless you know something I don’t, we still have 3 or so months before release.
2-3 months is when games go Gold. Because that's when the physical copies get made and start getting shipped out to stores. Anything under 2 months means logistics nightmare.
2-3 months is when games go Gold. Because that's when the physical copies get made and start getting shipped out to stores..
So, they still have a couple of months up their sleeves.
Darwi wrote:
2-3 months is when games go Gold. Because that's when the physical copies get made and start getting shipped out to stores..
So, they still have a couple of months up their sleeves.
Yeah. A couple. Can't do hardly anything in two months.
2-3 months is when games go Gold. Because that's when the physical copies get made and start getting shipped out to stores. Anything under 2 months means logistics nightmare.
This is incorrect. You think stores get physical copies of games 2-3 months in advance?
This is incorrect. You think stores get physical copies of games 2-3 months in advance?
They get manufactured. Packaged and then ready to be shipped. Very hard to do all that within 1 month. Definitely when shipping worldwide. Two to three months is the standard for going gold. As soon as you go gold manufacturing commences.

Just curious. Have you ever worked in retail? Lol
Darwi wrote:

Better lighting is not a magical wand you can wave around to magically fix all the graphical issues of this game. Not only this but it's more then the graphics that is wrong with Halo: Infinite.
If you mean the art style... there is not a lot they will do to change that. I actually like it.

It works;
a) As a homage to the original game.
b) At a fidelity level that allows large open worlds (gritty / realistic would stress the engine / system).
c) It's a level that the older systems can keep up with.

But yes, the Digital Foundry video (it's on their YouTube channel) shows that the lighting problems tends to flatten / simplify the textures. Hopefully it is something that can be remediated before release.
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

If you mean the art style... there is not a lot they will do to change that. I actually like it.

It works;
a) As a homage to the original game.
b) At a fidelity level that allows large open worlds (gritty / realistic would stress the engine / system).
c) It's a level that the older systems can keep up with.

But yes, the Digitial Foundry video (it's on their YouTube channel) shows that the lighting problems tends to flatten / simplify the textures. Hopefully it is something that can be remediated before release.
Good textures look good in shadows too. His whole argument is that textures can only look good in light. Lol
They get manufactured. Packaged and then ready to be shipped. Very hard to do all that within 1 month. Definitely when shipping worldwide. Two to three months is the standard for going gold. As soon as you go gold manufacturing commences.

That’s just false. Two examples:

Ghosts of Tsushima went gold on June 22nd and released on July 17th. Under 4 weeks...

Borderlands 3 went gold last year on July 31st and released on September 13th. Under 6 weeks...

There’s not much in the way of “manufacturing”. They write the game on premade discs and package them in premade boxes.
At this point, after many years in development, Halo Infinite should have been Gold by now and Xbox should focusing on marketing and creating hype around the game until launch day.

Instead, they are now dealing with a MAJOR graphic problem. We don’t know what happen durring development, but we know the Halo Infinite presentation has damaged both Halo and Xbox brand.

Worse, Halo Infinite was supposed to be a Xbox Gamepass seller, but it’s doing the exact opposite at the moment.

We, THE FANS, would appreciate CLEAR explanations of your vision and what’s the state of the rest of the game and what we should expect for the future of Halo Infinite.

Best Regards
They showed nothing because they havent anything to show, is as simple as that. All promotional material was from the demo. The game was on development hell all this years, many people left 343 and the game as a hole was a rushed "we got to get something out".

Best Regards
I agree with you, Halo is the flagship, the face of Xbox. What we saw was horrible in terms of graphics. The gameplay reminded me of apex to a certain extent. I've accepted that 343 is nothing but trend chasers, but damn the game could at least look good.

That’s just false. Two examples:

Ghosts of Tsushima went gold on June 22nd and released on July 17th. Under 4 weeks...

Borderlands 3 went gold last year on July 31st and released on September 13th. Under 6 weeks...

There’s not much in the way of “manufacturing”. They write the game on premade discs and package them in premade boxes.
Metro Exodus went gold 13 December 2018 and released 15 Feb 2019.

Halo 4 went gold 26 Sep 2012 and released 6 Nov 2012.

It's very rare for games to go gold within a month of release. It is usually within the 1-2 month mark. Some even 3 months out.
Hopefully the Halo Infinite marketing campaign doesn't end up being another fake marketing campaign like the one in Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3