Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Why Halo Infinite needs to be the longest campaign

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 2 had the longest missions in the halo franchise and these missions take long to finish. Halo 5 had 12 main missions but too quick to finish. Halo CE had 10 missions but missions were long. Halo 3 and 4 had the shortest missions but longer to finish than Halo 5. ODST was too short and reach was longer than 3.

In each mission of the halo game, we understand what it's about but in halo 5, see missions felt the same and don't know what it's about like blue team mission. I feel like halo infinite should have like 20 missions.

Halo Infinite needs to be the longest campaign because halo 5 had one of the worst story telling. Gameplay was also awful in campaign. Halo Infinite needs to continue after halo 5 if we want to understand halo infinite story. Halo 5 had the worst endings and it didn't feel like an ending at all and also a cliffhanger ending.

In the first few missions, I think chief needs to work with Locke or maybe if they find out about there's a zeta ring, then chief needs to be alone with marines. If 343 wants to start off the halo ring, it needs to have a crust scene where what happens to the other characters, and how chief finds out that there's a zeta ring.

since the ring is zeta, we need to know what the ring is really about and why cortina wants to take over the universe. Chief needs to know more information about all the cortana's. Chief has to try and get back to his awesomeness partly but also feel emotionally abiut fighting cortana. Warden eternal needs to be an interesting character more than just robots. Prometheans were better in halo 4 as we find out that they are human with robotic genetic.

Real reason why halo infinite needs to be the longest campaign is because they have to fix everything after halo 5's story was bad and it feels like we don't understand much and halo infinite needs to have a good conclusion to end chief's story.

Do you agree? Post your reasons?
I don't think it needs to be long, just well written. Also, it is highly unlikely to be the end of Cheif's story. This cash cow is still producing milk.
I don't think it needs to be long, just well written. Also, it is highly unlikely to be the end of Cheif's story. This cash cow is still producing milk.
yeah i agree, a long story would prob get dry
Yeah we don’t need another Lord of the Rings movie time run, 11-12 campaign missions is fine as it is
Yeah we don’t need another Lord of the Rings movie time run, 11-12 campaign missions is fine as it is
What on earth would be wrong with that? As long as it is well written, designed, and presented, and not just lengthened for the sake of being long, I don't see the problem...
If it's like 11-13 missions but length is long as other halo games, then it's fine, since halo infinite to focus on stopping Prometheus and flood needs to come back since halo ring is back, and also stopping cortana and how cortana's are created.
I just want a well written, well designed, reasonably long campaign; quality over quantity. However, I think playtime should be extended through replayability, similar to God of War where they strike a healthy balance between a traditional singleplayer and an open-world/open-ended game.
I just want a well written, well designed, reasonably long campaign; quality over quantity. However, I think playtime should be extended through replayability, similar to God of War where they strike a healthy balance between a traditional singleplayer and an open-world/open-ended game.
And gameplay like Doom, where no microtransactions, no sprint, just feels classic with awesome graphics.
What I would love is great gameplay and replayability.

I could seriously replay Halo: CE and Halo 2 forever. They’re just great in so many ways. I would love the same thing with Halo Infinite.
Same, Halo 3, ODST and Reach were also fun to play, i used to replay them. They were short but fun. Halo 4 had a good story but gameplay wasn't good. Halo 5 didn't do well n story and gameplay.
I don't think it necessarily needs to be the longest, it just needs to be more focused and clear on what's going on. H5 had too many different plot points with a short campaign so it was a mess. H6 could be the same length but more focused and it'd be much better, as far as storytelling goes. Though to be clear, I would love it if H6 was longer than any other Halo game, given that it's fun and interesting the whole way through.
For me the campaign can be 12 missions but they need to be long with variations.
They need to have points from Alpha - Delta - Bravo - Charlie, with variety.
We need to fight scarabs again, that's nice.
Rescue stealth missions while we invade covenant cruisers.
Flood survival missions like the Library.
Missions with objectives like defending and taking out energy generators of some sort like the Maw mission.
Exploration like Halo mission in CE.
Falcon mission like New Alexandria in Reach.
Snow and night missions.
Insects and animals and beutiful nature.
Revive and command function was nice.
Maybe we could use our own weapon loadoats in campaign? I hope we get back the H4 loadoats where we could change grenades and other stuff. The weapon skins was a little weak but overall great.
Return of equipment items and armor abilites so we could get jetpack missions and bubble shield back.
Would be awesome to get something new like underwater mission with maybe a new underwater battle vehicle? Would make the campaign more interesting.
Brutes could make the campaign more fun and return of flood juggernaut from Halo 2 and wars 2.
Maybe it could be open world campaign.
Lanzerat wrote:
For me the campaign can be 12 missions but they need to be long with variations.
They need to have points from Alpha - Delta - Bravo - Charlie, with variety.
We need to fight scarabs again, that's nice.
Rescue stealth missions while we invade covenant cruisers.
Flood survival missions like the Library.
Missions with objectives like defending and taking out energy generators of some sort like the Maw mission.
Exploration like Halo mission in CE.
Fawerelcon mission like New Alexandria in Reach.
Snow and night missions.
Insects and animals and beutiful nature.
Revive and command function was nice.
Maybe we could use our own weapon loadoats in campaign? I hope we get back the H4 loadoats where we could change grenades and other stuff. The weapon skins was a little weak but overall great.
Return of equipment items and armor abilites so we could get jetpack missions and bubble shield back.
Would be awesome to get something new like underwater mission with maybe a new underwater battle vehicle? Would make the campaign more interesting.
Brutes could make the campaign more fun and return of flood juggernaut from Halo 2 and wars 2.
Maybe it could be open world campaign.
Yeah, I miss how long each missions, underwater would be interesting, but I don't like the revive command, armour abilities in missions only would be cool and in custom games but no load outs.
The thing is that we had three cliffhanger endings which was annoying, halo infinite needs to have a perfect ending, also its going to be crazy like brutes, flood, covanemt, prometheans and Cortana. Some predict that Cortana will be infected by the flood.

I know the game is going to focus on chief, so either we only play as chief or like we play most missions as chief and few missions on chief and locke but most of them as chief. But it's probably going t be just chief which is good.
Its much more important for the missions to be replayable then to have quantity. I would rather have 5 missions i can play 10 times and have a mew experience each time then 20 missions that are only fun once. Halo 5s missions were a bit better then 4s in this regard but halo really needs to be a little more open world so the levels have enough space to be played several different ways like the silent cartrogropher from CE or New Alaxandria from reach. I really hope this is why they built the new engine, not to improve the graphics which in the end are only good for marketing imo.
i think that it need to be a long story and there need to a reason to complete that campaign. you do not want it to long because then people will not want to finishing the game because it is so long.
They can make the campaign as long as they want to, as long as its well written.
Being super long doesn't mean anything if it isn't well written or fun to play. And even short missions can be fun if done right.

Halo CE's The Library is a long -Yoink- mission, but it's also quite boring, uninteresting to look at, and full of a horde of quasi space zombies with a million spawn triggers.

But no one has many complaints of The Pillar of Autumn, which is like 5 or so minutes long, but sets up everything you need to know about playing the game.

Halo 5's Blue Team has like 5 different sections. Standard run and gun, quasi-stealth, a mini boss fight, a flying vehicle section, and a defend the area section. And the story is 95% self-contained. IMO one of my favorite missions in the whole series. And it isn't that long compared to missions like The Ark, The Covenant, Truth and Reconciliation, and Forerunner.
Being super long doesn't mean anything if it isn't well written or fun to play. And even short missions can be fun if done right.

Halo CE's The Library is a long -Yoink- mission, but it's also quite boring, uninteresting to look at, and full of a horde of quasi space zombies with a million spawn triggers.

But no one has many complaints of The Pillar of Autumn, which is like 5 or so minutes long, but sets up everything you need to know about playing the game.

Halo 5's Blue Team has like 5 different sections. Standard run and gun, quasi-stealth, a mini boss fight, a flying vehicle section, and a defend the area section. And the story is 95% self-contained. IMO one of my favorite missions in the whole series. And it isn't that long compared to missions like The Ark, The Covenant, Truth and Reconciliation, and Forerunner.
True unless if there's like a spinoff game like between halo 5 and 6 but I don't think it's going to happen.
It definitely needs to be the longest Campaign in series,Halo 4 and 5 were so short that it hurt.Since this will not be a numbered Halo game,without 6 in front,it could do something new.Abandon the missions concept and make it more like bigger chapters in much more open and interactive Campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2