Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Why Halo Infinite needs to be the longest campaign

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
can they just retcon 5. and 4
I'd definitely love to see a long list of missions in Infinite's campaign, but not if those missions are full of filler content. While Halo 2 had more missions than CE, the design behind these missions was not as good. In CE, you're constantly moving forward, exploring your surroundings and/or assaulting the enemy. But in Halo 2, there are a lot of sections where you're just hunkered down defending a point, and not moving very much. Places like the beginning of Outskirts, or the elevator in The Oracle. It's just not as fun, and judging from what we've seen so far, the "defend this area" style of level design would go against Infinite's intended themes.
Rhydon65 wrote:
I'd definitely love to see a long list of missions in Infinite's campaign, but not if those missions are full of filler content. While Halo 2 had more missions than CE, the design behind these missions was not as good. In CE, you're constantly moving forward, exploring your surroundings and/or assaulting the enemy. But in Halo 2, there are a lot of sections where you're just hunkered down defending a point, and not moving very much. Places like the beginning of Outskirts, or the elevator in The Oracle. It's just not as fun, and judging from what we've seen so far, the "defend this area" style of level design would go against Infinite's intended themes.
Halo 2 was more linear, but i agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2