Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Why i was dissapointed in Xbox E3 2019?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Turgon T24 wrote:
not impressed with new trailer, holiday 2020 released date is a joke you just lost one person i wont be wasting any money on buying it, waiting another year just so 343 can screw up another game haha also dont count me in on anything else
just wanted to add ive been a big fan since the original halo combat evolved came out its been alot of fun some great memories along the way its time for me to move on, good luck to anyone who sticks around
You aren't going to get it because it is coming out next year? Up to you man, but I think that's a pretty bad reason for not getting the game. They have taken their time, and the new engine and art style show that. Plus, they wanted it to be a launch title for Scarlett and it is going to be a beautiful one.

I think Infinite will be the best next gen launch title with Campaign, competitive Multiplayer, Warzone, Forge, and Theater. That sounds pretty good to me. Nothing personal, but I think you'll eat crow on this one.
AMA4N wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
With most major titles launching next year and project Scarlett releasing late next year of course they are going to save more for next year's E3.
I hope they don't lose again ps5, xbox one already lost to ps4 due to its bad press, I know its gonna have a better reveal but since 2016, Microsoft seemed to put more effort in just making new consoles like xbox one all digital version, new controllers than doing games because games are the most important thing for consoles. In xbox one reveal, everyone had to have an xbox live account, no achievements if you're not connected, it has to play used disc games again. We better not get those features again, they were the main reasons why ps4 beated xbox.

Have high hopes for scarlett to win the next gen, on the other hand, I am excited for halo infinite
Well I don't see myself giving up Halo so I will always be on Xbox no matter what. But one thing I liked hearing was that they said they were going to concentrate on Scarlett being a gaming console and not so much on it being able to do other stuff like the Xbox one.
LethalQ wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
With most major titles launching next year and project Scarlett releasing late next year of course they are going to save more for next year's E3.
I hope they don't lose again ps5, xbox one already lost to ps4 due to its bad press, I know its gonna have a better reveal but since 2016, Microsoft seemed to put more effort in just making new consoles like xbox one all digital version, new controllers than doing games because games are the most important thing for consoles. In xbox one reveal, everyone had to have an xbox live account, no achievements if you're not connected, it has to play used disc games again. We better not get those features again, they were the main reasons why ps4 beated xbox.

Have high hopes for scarlett to win the next gen, on the other hand, I am excited for halo infinite
Well I don't see myself giving up Halo so I will always be on Xbox no matter what. But one thing I liked hearing was that they said they were going to concentrate on Scarlett being a gaming console and not so much on it being able to do other stuff like the Xbox one.
it might have really high sales since its coming with halo infinite, many buy xbox for halo but I brought xbox because I was more into it and been an xbox guy for a while
The game is still over a year away. If they weren’t ready to show more, then they weren’t ready. Not much more you can do. Can it be disappointing? Yes. But no where did they say gameplay so...
Nadesicle wrote:
The game is still over a year away. If they weren’t ready to show more, then they weren’t ready. Not much more you can do. Can it be disappointing? Yes. But no where did they say gameplay so...
sometimes showing gameplays too early can be risky whatever they are doing to make the game good, im happy. Even if game gets delayed.
So true. It's like Microsoft don't understand the art of selling someone a game. No gamer is going to look at pre-rendered cutscenes or non-gameplay footage and be enticed by a game.

Halo: Infinite was probably the best trailer because we got a glimpse at the engine and the Chief.

Ori 2 looks really good.

Gears 5 looks dreadful, and I'm a big Gears fan.

Cyberpunk looks great but gave us no new gameplay. Nothing for Elden Ring either. Bleeding Edge looked bad. No Fable 4, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Conker...goldmine IPs being wasted.

Just an unexciting conference. The game that had gameplay weren't exciting for the most part. Outer Worlds looked pretty good but that's about it.
AMA4N wrote:
Because you expected too much and didnt get what YOU wanted. Thats all.
well gameplay wasn't ready so I respect that anyway, I was talking about the whole e3 2019 conference, I was already hyped with Infinite and im hyped with it, never said infinite looked bad.

As long as they delay things for halo to be great if there's any issues, im happy with that
I love the point of delaying things, personal the longer I wait the more I trust 343i. A lot of Halo games have suffered from early release dates, Halo 2 was a big crunch so a lot of ideas were left on the drawing board, also they had no time to properly configure legendary so it was down right almost impossible to do. Halo 4 should have been a launch title for Xbox One but they let it go early and it lost a lot because of that, the multiplayer was not the best, it probably could have been better if they had waited, and maybe they could have had more time to make more campaign levels so that it could flow better with the other games. Halo: the Master Chief Collection was buggy, and just a mess, but eventually 343i would get there -Yoink- together and say "what do the fans want?" and now they have fixed it. All this has made me trust the 343i is in it for the fans and the reason why they are waiting until 2020 is because they know it will be better as a launch title and be able to do everything that they feel like they want to do. And not only has 343i gained my trust but so has Microsoft, with all the same reasons, they learned from this generation and now their main directive is to make fans happy.
EDIT: Halo 5 also suffered because they went through multiple rewrites and eventually had to up out what they had.
Zepher03 wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Because you expected too much and didnt get what YOU wanted. Thats all.
well gameplay wasn't ready so I respect that anyway, I was talking about the whole e3 2019 conference, I was already hyped with Infinite and im hyped with it, never said infinite looked bad.

As long as they delay things for halo to be great if there's any issues, im happy with that
I love the point of delaying things, personal the longer I wait the more I trust 343i. A lot of Halo games have suffered from early release dates, Halo 2 was a big crunch so a lot of ideas were left on the drawing board, also they had no time to properly configure legendary so it was down right almost impossible to do. Halo 4 should have been a launch title for Xbox One but they let it go early and it lost a lot because of that, the multiplayer was not the best, it probably could have been better if they had waited, and maybe they could have had more time to make more campaign levels so that it could flow better with the other games. Halo: the Master Chief Collection was buggy, and just a mess, but eventually 343i would get there -Yoink- together and say "what do the fans want?" and now they have fixed it. All this has made me trust the 343i is in it for the fans and the reason why they are waiting until 2020 is because they know it will be better as a launch title and be able to do everything that they feel like they want to do. And not only has 343i gained my trust but so has Microsoft, with all the same reasons, they learned from this generation and now their main directive is to make fans happy.
EDIT: Halo 5 also suffered because they went through multiple rewrites and eventually had to up out what they had.
true, halo 5 was worse, because campaign, spartan abilities, bad UI, microtransactions, no split screen, there so much to crtizie about halo 5, halo 4 and MCC didn't much but still. No matter how long Infinite, it needs to be good
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2