Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Why it's called halo infinite

OP WhoLikesChicken

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Canine252 wrote:
One thing I think no one is considering is that Halo Infinite could, potentially, be the last Halo title. And I mean that as, the last separate Halo game. It's called "Infinite" because it never actually ends. Multiplayer maps are constantly released and the gameplay constantly tweaked, and while the game has a complete story, more story will continuously be added as time goes on, replacing the need for a Halo 7, or treating it more like an MMO where you get free content drops that add smaller story beats, and then one big paid expansion that encompasses the story of Halo 7, rinse and repeat as long as you want. Basically think of Halo Infinite as an ever growing platform. It's not like Destiny, which is an MMO-lite. Not like that. It's not shared world, not an MMO, not an RPG, not open world, but it takes cues from MMO's on how to deliver content to players, a service game. And like some MMO's, the Xbox One version might eventually be dropped if they decide to try and do something the Xbox One can't handle.
Yup, you are WAAAY over thinking this.
I agree, I don't find this possibility to be very probable.

Halo 5 taught 343 one thing. Fans want a traditional Halo title. I think everyone who's throwing out ideas vastly different from a traditional Halo campaign, focused on the chief, with a separate multiplayer suite is forgetting this very simple fact.

Bonnie Ross doubled down on this in an e3 interview this year, and so did Frankie in an interview last year.
Canine252 wrote:
One thing I think no one is considering is that Halo Infinite could, potentially, be the last Halo title. And I mean that as, the last separate Halo game. It's called "Infinite" because it never actually ends. Multiplayer maps are constantly released and the gameplay constantly tweaked, and while the game has a complete story, more story will continuously be added as time goes on, replacing the need for a Halo 7, or treating it more like an MMO where you get free content drops that add smaller story beats, and then one big paid expansion that encompasses the story of Halo 7, rinse and repeat as long as you want. Basically think of Halo Infinite as an ever growing platform. It's not like Destiny, which is an MMO-lite. Not like that. It's not shared world, not an MMO, not an RPG, not open world, but it takes cues from MMO's on how to deliver content to players, a service game. And like some MMO's, the Xbox One version might eventually be dropped if they decide to try and do something the Xbox One can't handle.
Yup, you are WAAAY over thinking this.
I agree, I don't find this possibility to be very probable.

Halo 5 taught 343 one thing. Fans want a traditional Halo title. I think everyone who's throwing out ideas vastly different from a traditional Halo campaign, focused on the chief, with a separate multiplayer suite is forgetting this very simple fact.

Bonnie Ross doubled down on this in an e3 interview this year, and so did Frankie in an interview last year.
You are right and I agree with you, but there are tons of ‘new’ halo fans who love this new movement system and halo 4-5. You see it in some thread on the Halo Infinite page: can’t really understan why someone should prefere another Halo 5 to another Halo 3
The title is a very clear and clever hint to the plot of this Halo.
The galaxy is actually trapped in an INFINITE cycle where a terrific and unstoppable threat is neutralized through the fire of the rings.
Halo Infinity sounds lame so they named it Halo Infinite.

It may also be a throwback to Marathon Infinity and they changed it to Infinite to avoid potential copyright issues
Halo Infinity sounds lame so they named it Halo Infinite.

It may also be a throwback to Marathon Infinity and they changed it to Infinite to avoid potential copyright issues
That was a bungie game though. Why would 343 want to do a throwback to a title that wasnt their own?
Mr Vacha wrote:
Halo Infinity sounds lame so they named it Halo Infinite.

It may also be a throwback to Marathon Infinity and they changed it to Infinite to avoid potential copyright issues
That was a bungie game though. Why would 343 want to do a throwback to a title that wasnt their own?
It was just a thought. There are also a lot of ex bungie employees who moved to 343, so I'm sure there are a few that worked on marathon
Mr Vacha wrote:
Halo Infinity sounds lame so they named it Halo Infinite.

It may also be a throwback to Marathon Infinity and they changed it to Infinite to avoid potential copyright issues
That was a bungie game though. Why would 343 want to do a throwback to a title that wasnt their own?
It was just a thought. There are also a lot of ex bungie employees who moved to 343, so I'm sure there are a few that worked on marathon
Gotcha. Maybe thats the case, Still though, it should be called Halo 6: Infinite or Infinity.
GruntStyle wrote:
The title is a very clear and clever hint to the plot of this Halo.
The galaxy is actually trapped in an INFINITE cycle where a terrific and unstoppable threat is neutralized through the fire of the rings.
This is the theory I think makes the most sense. I think HiddenXperia did a video on this theory and it makes complete sense.
Simply because they felt that the story they wanted to end in Halo 6 following Halo 5 wasn't well recived and so they needed a game "in the middle" to put the series back on trails. Both a follow up to halo 5 and a reboot of the story
Because it's going to be episodic, and the name "Halo: Chronicles" is already tied to a dead project.
Simply because they felt that the story they wanted to end in Halo 6 following Halo 5 wasn't well recived and so they needed a game "in the middle" to put the series back on trails. Both a follow up to halo 5 and a reboot of the story
I say that's very possible
who are the created?
who are the created?
Cortana and her AI gang start calling themselves that pretty hardcore about halfway through H5.
I believe it's called "Infinite" because of the next Xbox, along with lore and story reasons. "Xbox Infinite" just like how God of War PS4 was titled. 😉
Utixo wrote:
I believe it's called "Infinite" because of the next Xbox, along with lore and story reasons. "Xbox Infinite" just like how God of War PS4 was titled. 😉
The game is called God of War, God of War PS4 was just a title made by fans to be able to tell it apart from the first God of War released on the PS2.
Alright but then they would've called it halo infinity. I think it's called infinite because 343 just wanted it to sound cool and that's the best they could come up with.
Alright but then they would've called it halo infinity. I think it's called infinite because 343 just wanted it to sound cool and that's the best they could come up with.
the Infinity being a huge part of the story doesn't mean they would have to call it Halo Infinity....

Infinite ties into the flagship, as well as Cortana saying something about there being an infinite amount of world's in/through the domain.
Why stop at halo 6 when the potential is infinite?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2