Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

"WHY SO BUGGY!!!" - A QA guys prespective

OP Tophat TNT

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
This is the most important post on the forums that will not be read or understood by the people who most need it.
The very same defensive talking points were used in forums for games like Anthem, Fallout 76, Battlefield V and so on.

Sometimes there is no excuses to defend a product and sometimes criticism is needed. Otherwise quality is not produced.
You're really only proving my point.
Imagine if Star Wars: Battlefront 2 were not critisized. And it launched with all those pay-walls and bugs.
This argument is a red herring.
You mean it is an argument you have no rebuke for.
A red herring is an argument that that is irrelevant to the point being made. See, I did not say or imply that criticism is not valuable. By making an argument defending the value of criticism, when no one ever questioned it, you introduced an irrelevant argument to the discussion, a red herring.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Or consumers with opinions. Afterall consumers are the ones who hand over money for the product. And the ones who need to be convinced to do so.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Or consumers with opinions. Afterall consumers are the ones who hand over money for the product. And the ones who need to be convinced to do so.
Smart consumers gather as much information as they can before making their decision. If they don't like something and it's not for them they move on. They do not look a one sliver of information and then campaign for changes based on one sliver.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Or consumers with opinions. Afterall consumers are the ones who hand over money for the product. And the ones who need to be convinced to do so.
Smart consumers gather as much information as they can before making their decision. If they don't like something and it's not for them they move on. They do not look a one sliver of information and then campaign for changes based on one sliver.
I'm a consumer and you do not certainly speak for me.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Or consumers with opinions. Afterall consumers are the ones who hand over money for the product. And the ones who need to be convinced to do so.
Smart consumers gather as much information as they can before making their decision. If they don't like something and it's not for them they move on. They do not look a one sliver of information and then campaign for changes based on one sliver.
I'm a consumer and you do not certainly speak for me.
Criticism good.
Understanding what some other people are trying to convey with what they are saying is also good.
Defending bad quality is bad. But that is not what op is doing. He is providing insight to what things may look like behind the scenes. We dont know if the final product will come out good or bad, and hes hardly making a point for that it will be good. He is saying ,in development, making things look good is one of the last parts of development.

What is it? Its insight for why the demo *might* look like what it does now...
The game probably shouldnt look like it does now, and your criticism for that is welcome. You are a consumer. Your feedback is appreciated. But , jumping to conclusions, either in favor or against what the final product might look like seems premature given what could happen in the months to come.
Wouldnt you agree?
Edit: You can make opinions about what it looks like now... and that is completely fine.
To sad this will not be read by what I feel is 99% of the Halo Community here because they rather complain and whine about things they don't even understand at all, they also LOVE to ignore that since February/March the Pandemic comes in as a factor that development is slowed down because communication is a lot harder working from home than in the office, as well as the release being MONTHS away still and it will not be gold up until very close to it.

I like what I saw and i know things WILL change in the coming months and also post-release. I just wish others would see and understand it the same way instead of acting like someone stole their cookies.
Sadly, this won't get the reads it should. Too many would rather make another thread about delaying the game because after 8 minutes of streamed demo, they are development experts.
Or consumers with opinions. Afterall consumers are the ones who hand over money for the product. And the ones who need to be convinced to do so.
Smart consumers gather as much information as they can before making their decision. If they don't like something and it's not for them they move on. They do not look a one sliver of information and then campaign for changes based on one sliver.
I'm a consumer and you do not certainly speak for me.
I wasn’t “speaking” for you. I was explaining how what a Smart consumer acts. Basing something off of 8 minutes of gameplay Na not being a smart consumer
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
This is the most important post on the forums that will not be read or understood by the people who most need it.
The very same defensive talking points were used in forums for games like Anthem, Fallout 76, Battlefield V and so on.

Sometimes there is no excuses to defend a product and sometimes criticism is needed. Otherwise quality is not produced.
You're really only proving my point.
Imagine if Star Wars: Battlefront 2 were not critisized. And it launched with all those pay-walls and bugs.
It did launch with all those pay walls but thats ea a cash grab company.
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
This is the most important post on the forums that will not be read or understood by the people who most need it.
The very same defensive talking points were used in forums for games like Anthem, Fallout 76, Battlefield V and so on.

Sometimes there is no excuses to defend a product and sometimes criticism is needed. Otherwise quality is not produced.
You're really only proving my point.
Imagine if Star Wars: Battlefront 2 were not critisized. And it launched with all those pay-walls and bugs.
This argument is a red herring.
You mean it is an argument you have no rebuke for.
no its def a red herring given BF2s issues came from monetization which was not known until after release. It was not about the technical quality of the product. So, your argument is related on the surface level being that about people sharing opinions about an unreleased game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2