Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Why was chief floating?

OP Prophet of Cava

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Cohrval3 wrote:
It's because there is a time gap between Halo 2 and Halo infinite. If nobody remembers, Halo 2 starts at the end, the entire story of the game is just Masterchief in cryosleep recalling what happened to get him there. Halo infinite starts sometime after Masterchief self propels the covenant bomb into space which occurred at the beginning of Halo 2.
I'm not sure where you heard that... H2 starts right where CE left off (with some books like First Strike in between).
I think it was done this way to add a mistery element to the game like Halo CE.In first Halo you didn't know much what has happened before the game starts,i would say it wasn't untill Halo 2 that we got answers of who are the Covenant and why are they at war with Humans.
His new suit is made mostly out of helium so he floated away and couldn't get back down :p

In all seriousness though it's probably a Halo 4 scenario where the ring got destroyed and he had to escape and got stuck in space is what I think is gonna be the reason.
The last time I heard the term floater was on beach patrol, a person had been sucked out by a rip. They go to the bottom for a few ours, float back to the surface and get washed back in. Maybe 117 was caught in a rip whilst on vacation?
varkuta wrote:
The last time I heard the term floater was on beach patrol, a person had been sucked out by a rip. They go to the bottom for a few ours, float back to the surface and get washed back in. Maybe 117 was caught in a rip whilst on vacation?
Nah, a floater is when someone sneezes into soup or stew. Now, since the coronavirus is a thing, maybe the Ring’s defenses mistook Chief for a booger because he’s green.
Nalla78 wrote:
It’s a time skip, clearly. Often used in stories when the middle ground isn’t too exciting or distracts from the story being told. E.g. chief getting on a plane from sanghelios to a new sector of the galaxy with a halo ring, it’ll be about as exciting to watch as a car ride. The whole destruction and UNSC forces in trouble around the halo ring is set up more so like an epilogue and I suspect that knowing what truly happened could ruin any major spoilers or surprises later down in infinite. Overall it’s a writing technique to make things seem more interesting.
Even a flash back in game would help though
Nalla78 wrote:
It’s a time skip, clearly. Often used in stories when the middle ground isn’t too exciting or distracts from the story being told. E.g. chief getting on a plane from sanghelios to a new sector of the galaxy with a halo ring, it’ll be about as exciting to watch as a car ride. The whole destruction and UNSC forces in trouble around the halo ring is set up more so like an epilogue and I suspect that knowing what truly happened could ruin any major spoilers or surprises later down in infinite. Overall it’s a writing technique to make things seem more interesting.
Even a flash back in game would help though
Please don't revive old topics. Thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2