Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will 343 forget the spirit of fire on the ark?

OP BusierRumble952

Halo infinite takes place on zeta halo and the main enemy is the banished. The antagonists of halo wars 2. But there is still banished on the ark and the spirit of fire is still fighting them. I fear that 343 will forget about the spirit of fire and just make the whole game take place on zeta halo.
It would be interesting if they do bring them into infinite since HW2 takes place on the ark which is far away from zeta Halo, also the Spirit of Fire doesn't have a slip space engine anymore so the only way for them to be introduced is A. Have the infinity somehow use the portal on earth to get to it but that would require it to work again and getting past guardians (that is saying the infinity is still alive which it is most likely not from the trailers), or B. The Spirit of Fire manage to find a slip space drive that would work for the ship. It would be cool to see them but they will most likely be in the next Halo Wars if there is one. Another way which would require the portal to open again would the Spirit of Fire coming through it finding the U.N.S.C. in a losing war against the banished and created.
I'm sure that Spirit of Fire will play a role, but it will be very limited. Recently Jerome was released as an action figure and I take that as him and hopefully red team will make a cameo appearance.

Jerome did make a remark in Halo Wars 2 that he was glad that John (Master Chief) was still alive.
I played the beta for HW2 but never the game. Am I going to get up to speed? Does it feed into the story of Infinite?
I played the beta for HW2 but never the game. Am I going to get up to speed? Does it feed into the story of Infinite?
There is a tie in between Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.
Considering the Banished from HW2 are now in Infinite I imagine there will be some form of tie in to those stories
Hard to say at the moment about up to speed. I'd say you likely just need to watch isabel's intro to the banished on youtube and you're good to go. Halo Wars 2's plot isn't particularly complex. I feel like 343 would have to try particularly hard to make HW2 plot points relevant.
I doubt that it would happen very early, but I could see the SOF being introduced either in the late game, or a post launch story update. If Infinite will be the Halo game for the next 10 years, it’s reasonable to think that the leader of the primary enemy will be a main focus at some point. Since he is currently caught up fighting the SOF, they would more than likely be introduced in Infinite around the same time. If the SOF doesn’t have a role in this game, then I guess they will remain lost with all hands until HW3
I'm fine if it's just on Zeta which I think it will be. Would be cool if the next story beat it about the ark battle.