5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
I think they're too busy fixing MCC and adding stuff to Halo 5 to even begin work on Halo 6. 343 is obviously more focused on the multiplayer aspect of Halo to even begin to care about the story for Halo 6, but I think they know Halo 6 won't sell without a story, so they're just delaying it until they fix MCC, then they'll take Halo 5, add more guns and make up what could never be considered a plot, even in the loosest definition. Or they're taking their time on Halo 6's story. I hope they're just taking their time.
0_o

The people fixing MCC are a small 343 team completely separate from the main team working on the next game and they also have an outside company helping as well. You can read about it here. The blog also states that they're working on the "next Halo FPS title" as they put it since they aren't allowed to say H6 yet, but I think most will assume it's H6 so your comment about them not starting the next game yet wouldn't be correct.

"Too busy adding stuff to H5." Huh, what exactly have they been adding which is taking up all their time? We haven't had anything major added for a long time. They stated multiple times that they're done adding stuff to H5 except for playlist rotations and new Forge maps made by community members. I'll also add that I don't know their inner workings, but to say they haven't even started the next game yet is ridiculous. They most likely started their next story and their vision for H6 or whatever their next game is even before H5 was released.
Tbh, I'm running on pure guesswork here. I have no clue what they do with Halo 5. I just know that the story is a disappointment and was mainly making fun of them for that
It's highly likely, probable that there WILL be a trailer at E3. If they weren't gonna be at E3, someone from 343 would've come out and told out and told us that they aren't gonna be there, like they did last year. It's a 95% chance that there will be a teaser.
I honestly thought they had come out and said there wouldn't be anything on it. Must have been reading older articles without realizing it
exactchase wrote:
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
I think they're too busy fixing MCC and adding stuff to Halo 5 to even begin work on Halo 6. 343 is obviously more focused on the multiplayer aspect of Halo to even begin to care about the story for Halo 6, but I think they know Halo 6 won't sell without a story, so they're just delaying it until they fix MCC, then they'll take Halo 5, add more guns and make up what could never be considered a plot, even in the loosest definition. Or they're taking their time on Halo 6's story. I hope they're just taking their time.
0_o

The people fixing MCC are a small 343 team completely separate from the main team working on the next game and they also have an outside company helping as well. You can read about it here. The blog also states that they're working on the "next Halo FPS title" as they put it since they aren't allowed to say H6 yet, but I think most will assume it's H6 so your comment about them not starting the next game yet wouldn't be correct.

"Too busy adding stuff to H5." Huh, what exactly have they been adding which is taking up all their time? We haven't had anything major added for a long time. They stated multiple times that they're done adding stuff to H5 except for playlist rotations and new Forge maps made by community members. I'll also add that I don't know their inner workings, but to say they haven't even started the next game yet is ridiculous. They most likely started their next story and their vision for H6 or whatever their next game is even before H5 was released.
Tbh, I'm running on pure guesswork here. I have no clue what they do with Halo 5. I just know that the story is a disappointment and was mainly making fun of them for that
It's highly likely, probable that there WILL be a trailer at E3. If they weren't gonna be at E3, someone from 343 would've come out and told out and told us that they aren't gonna be there, like they did last year. It's a 95% chance that there will be a teaser.
I honestly thought they had come out and said there wouldn't be anything on it. Must have been reading older articles without realizing it
Yeah, it's from last year. There's a high probability that we'll see a trailer. I will honestly be shocked if we don't see anything. It will be a moronic move if they don't.
exactchase wrote:
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
0_o

Yeah, it's from last year. There's a high probability that we'll see a trailer. I will honestly be shocked if we don't see anything. It will be a moronic move if they don't.
If they don't announce it, I'll have no issue. They need to take their time on this and not rush it. I think that they need to spend twice as much time on creating a great story as they do working on gameplay. Good gameplay means nothing if you have a bad story and a good story means nothing if you don't have good gameplay. Hopefully they can do both. And realistically, if they release a truly awesome game, no one will care how long they had to wait for it, especially if they break the mold of releasing an unfinished game and fixing it later. Halo 5 is a nightmare to install. I recently repurchased the game two hours ago. It's still updating. I don't want to buy Halo 6 and have to sit and wait three hours before I can play it.
I went on a bit of a tangent there.
Anyway, maybe a teaser. Maybe. Even if it has nothing to do with the content within the game. Maybe it'll be like the Infinity war Trailer teaser that they released just before the actual trailer. Maybe they'll just talk about it and show us nothing. We'll probably get something, but it's not guaranteed.
exactchase wrote:
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
0_o

To me it would be a catastrophic move if they don't show something.There FPS games have been heavily criticized as well as their handling of the mcc.And they have released a halo FPS in almost 3 years.Halo's popularity is fading and waiting any longer then they have to will be a bad move,especially if halo 6 or whatever it's called doesn't release til 2020 or after
exactchase wrote:
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
0_o

To me it would be a catastrophic move if they don't show something.There FPS games have been heavily criticized as well as their handling of the mcc.And they have released a halo FPS in almost 3 years.Halo's popularity is fading and waiting any longer then they have to will be a bad move,especially if halo 6 or whatever it's called doesn't release til 2020 or after
I agree, they have to show something. As you said, Halo’s popularity is dying, and they need something to show off in the next few days to get people talking. It’s almost certain they’ll show something.
exactchase wrote:
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
0_o

I agree, they have to show something. As you said, Halo’s popularity is dying, and they need something to show off in the next few days to get people talking. It’s almost certain they’ll show something.
Please have the flood in halo 6......please have the flood in halo 6
exactchase wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
exactchase wrote:
0_o

Sure but it's commonly known that the mcc team is small and big games companies never ever put all the employees onto a single live team
Tbh, I'm not really getting my hopes up. I feel like, at most, we'll be getting some early concept art or a title reveal, with no teaser or full trailer. I expect the MCC update will be the main focus of Halo news, with some HCS-related stuff and possibly a bit of Fireteam Raven.
Tbh, I'm not really getting my hopes up. I feel like, at most, we'll be getting some early concept art or a title reveal, with no teaser or full trailer. I expect the MCC update will be the main focus of Halo news, with some HCS-related stuff and possibly a bit of Fireteam Raven.
They wouldn’t spend time at E3 showing concept art for an upcoming game, that’s not a way to get people excited and interested. You do it by putting out a trailer, which we’ll likely get.
I think that 343 will announce something to do with Halo on PC after what happened with ElDewrito, especially after them saying that they heard the PC fanbase in their statement. I've also heard rumours of Reach coming to MCC? anyone shed any light on that? I hope that they don't announce H6, let it cook for a little longer, we don't want another game with a story that is underwhelming. I'm hoping for a solid spin-off game that is story driven like ODST was.
BigDrogba wrote:
There’s probably a teaser this year, with the game coming next year. Microsoft needs to make big announcements at E3, as they’re currently getting whooped by Sony very badly.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I may be playing devils advocate here, but I’m leaning towards no Halo news will be shared at E3. Because there has been literally nothing about the next title. Think about it. Halo 5 was shown before E3. I remember seeing it on IGN as something like “next Halo titled Halo 5:Guardians” with the pic of Locke in a desert background. I remember people speculated on who it could be. Not to mention that MCC was leaked online prior to E3 reveal. But this time around there has been absolutely nothing talked about. Which, maybe they’re doing an excellent job at keeping news under wraps. Who knows. But I just don’t want to get my hopes up. So I’m going into June 10 with no expectations. Concerning the MCC updates, that seems to be an unwise move to reveal news about a 4 year old game at E3. So I don’t really see that happening. No game has ever done that as far as I can remember. I don’t see Fireteam Raven getting any attention either considering that’s an arcade game that can only be played in an arcade. Has nothing to do with Xbox. These are just my thoughts. But I hope I’m wrong about no Halo 6 news
MEDICVS wrote:
I may be playing devils advocate here, but I’m leaning towards no Halo news will be shared at E3. Because there has been literally nothing about the next title. Think about it. Halo 5 was shown before E3. I remember seeing it on IGN as something like “next Halo titled Halo 5:Guardians” with the pic of Locke in a desert background. I remember people speculated on who it could be. Not to mention that MCC was leaked online prior to E3 reveal. But this time around there has been absolutely nothing talked about. Which, maybe they’re doing an excellent job at keeping news under wraps. Who knows. But I just don’t want to get my hopes up. So I’m going into June 10 with no expectations. Concerning the MCC updates, that seems to be an unwise move to reveal news about a 4 year old game at E3. So I don’t really see that happening. No game has ever done that as far as I can remember. I don’t see Fireteam Raven getting any attention either considering that’s an arcade game that can only be played in an arcade. Has nothing to do with Xbox. These are just my thoughts. But I hope I’m wrong about no Halo 6 news
I think it's very likely that there will be a trailer at E3. We got a teaser trailer announcing the game at E3 for Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 4, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It would be down right moronic for Microsoft to show nothing Halo related at at E3. They are currently not doing good with exclusives at all, and they need a selling point to get the attention of the general audience. They need to put out a trailer to get people interested in Halo, as the interest is dying sadly. It's highly probable, like 95% chance that there WILL be a teaser trailer for Halo 6.
No doubt, we WILL see a teaser or something about Halo 6 at E3
I don't understand the doubt honestly, of course they'll announce it in some form, Microsoft NEEDS to announce something, and obviously 343 has been making something these last 3 years
I don't understand the doubt honestly, of course they'll announce it in some form, Microsoft NEEDS to announce something, and obviously 343 has been making something these last 3 years
Thank you!!! I honestly don't understand the doubt either, we're definitely going to see a teaser next week, and everyone's gonna be all...
Surely MS/343 know the building desire of their fan base for something new.

They wouldn't want to open themselves up to the negative publicity of disappointment.

If there wasn't going to be an announcement / teaser I'm sure their PR division would have been all over it by now.
I expect to see a teaser, but man. It better be really, really good. Halo has a heckton of competition this year and I am seriously considering actually waiting a couple months after release to get it presuming the game releases this year (I know. What a rebel). Look at it though, in context of the video game hype at E3 alone it's gonna be very hard for Halo to make a scratch in gamer culture with trailers for the following releasing:
  • Fallout 72 (awful name)
  • Rage 2
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Call of Duty Black Ops IIII
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Battlefield V
  • Anthem
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • Last of Us Part 2
  • Spider-Man
  • Death Stranding
  • Every other PS4 exclusive
  • New Forza Game
  • New Xbox Games
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Even Pokémon is making an appearance!
What I'm trying to say here is that I really do expect Halo to be at E3 and I really, really want to be impressed cause. Well. This E3 is going to be insane, and Halo will really struggle to be a highlight even for a lifelong Halo fan like myself. I think to have any real impact, it will have to be really gosh dang incredible; beyond expectations and ultimately dig in at Halo fans new and old to make them think 'Wow, this is one heck of a game!' rather than just seeing a new Halo like we have the past couple years.
Yeah! Your right! They have been up to something, thats for sure. Heck, we got a arcade cabinet out of the blue! There is no telling what is up their metaphorical sleve.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11