Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Halo Infinite revive the halo community?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
After halo 4,mcc and 5 getting a lot of critics, 343 knows its their last chance making this game right otherwise many people are leaving the franchise for good, I probably think it will be better than halo 5 even though I do like all halo games. People many buy the xbox for halo but many people are still moving into ps4 due to xbox's lack of exclusives.

At least we have chris lee who is helping, a brand new engine and since e3 is coming soon, im worried what the gameplay will be like. This franchise is really important for the xbox community, 343 cannot make the same mistake again from halo 4,mcc and 5. Since microtransactions were confirmed ages ago, multiplayer could be messed up.

MCC had one of the worst launches in gaming history and halo 5 had one of the worst story telling in video game history but since we are getting an inside program, im still excited to play this new game.

If this game goes well, do you think the xbox community will revive?
If they do this Halo right then I think it could I mean I used to play alot back on Halo 3/Reach then moved to PC for a few years because of Halo 4 sucking -Yoink-,

I came back hoping Halo 5 would be better but nope... but like you said people are going to PS due to lack of xbox exclusives and I think I'd be going back to PC if this Halo doesn't go down well.
Infinite can definitely do Xbox a lot of good if everything goes smoothly. With many believing that infinite will be a launch title for the next gen Xbox, it would be a great way to start the new generation
Some xbox exclusives didn't go well, sea of theieves had a lack of content but its really good now but should had had that in release and some didn't even return back to sea of theieves, state of decay 2 had a buggy launch, crackdown 3 had a downgrade from its trailer, gears 4 and halo 5 had awful microtransaction.

I still agree some exclusives were good, but chris lee can handle infinite well.
I'm one of those people you mentioned. If Infinite isn't up to snuff for me, I'm out when it comes to Halo from then on.
Even if it dosnt do very good overall, halo will receive a spike of popularity when the new game comes out, just because it's a new game from a popular series.
I think it depends on the game. Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean its what people want. I'm fairly certain from ALL social media platforms I see, Halo 4/5 multiplayer wise is not what people want. And after doing MixerMatchups, I think I'm going to retire from Halo 5 before my Xbox ends up in the lake behind my house xD

Campaign wise, could go either way. Campaign is important but I think multiplayer is more beneficial for a long term life span.
It's not like the Xbox community really needs reviving. After all, to be revivable, something must first be dead. Xbox ain't dead; if anything, it's doing pretty decent. Sure, some exclusives like SoT didn't pan out the way they planned, but the same could be said about Playstation. Days Gone didn't exactly live up to its expectations, either.

I don't think Xbox or even Halo as a franchise are riding on Infinite's success to survive. If Infinite ends up getting mixed reception like Halo 4 or 5 (i.e. some people love it, others hate it), I imagine Halo as a franchise would keep going, and certainly Xbox would too. And the worst I see Infinite being is divisive/controversial. I highly doubt it would turn out so panned that it would put the franchise in jeopardy; no Halo has ever been that bad.
Isn't Xbox transitioning towards a games service provider over multiple platforms ? If this is indeed the case then I think the gaming landscape will change so dramatically that consoles might go the way if the dodo.
Chimera30 wrote:
It's not like the Xbox community really needs reviving. After all, to be revivable, something must first be dead. Xbox ain't dead; if anything, it's doing pretty decent. Sure, some exclusives like SoT didn't pan out the way they planned, but the same could be said about Playstation. Days Gone didn't exactly live up to its expectations, either.

I don't think Xbox or even Halo as a franchise are riding on Infinite's success to survive. If Infinite ends up getting mixed reception like Halo 4 or 5 (i.e. some people love it, others hate it), I imagine Halo as a franchise would keep going, and certainly Xbox would too. And the worst I see Infinite being is divisive/controversial. I highly doubt it would turn out so panned that it would put the franchise in jeopardy; no Halo has ever been that bad.
The fiasco between H4 and H% have a lot of people teetering on the edge. If they don't do Infinite right, that could be the last Halo game the majority take seriously. As others have said, if they don't do this right, 343 and Halo will be dead to me moving forward. If they do it right, I'll buy it and look forward to the next installment. As a side note, Gamepass is likely going to see and uptick when Infinite launches because I'm seeing a lot of people (myself included) that will NOT be buying Infinite until we can try it.
Before 2015, I remember hearing a lot of "after Reach and 4, Halo 5 is their last chance and it had better be AMAZING or else Halo is dead forever!"
Their advancements have been a slippery slope. If Infinite sees the same technical and movement jumps that H4 to H5 saw; we're going to be playing Titan Fall 3.
If they do nothing w/ movement, people are going to complain of stagnation.
If they go back to primitive movements, people are going to complain of retrograde.
If they change/add too much, people are going to say it's lost the Spirit of Halo.

I'm not sure what their plans are; but most are going to complain.
xbox isn't dead, the new xbox prob will be better cuz in 2013, the xbox one had a bad press, but at least Phil spencer is making it only on games.
I think Xbox's reputation took a really big hit this generation because of the whole launch debacle, the console itself, and the lack of quality games this gen. I don't think one game will magically heal all that, no matter how good it is. It's going to take a lot of time but with next gen right around the corner giving them a somewhat fresh start and all the studios they've been investing in to make games, I think Xbox will at least have a much better generation this time around. Infinite being a great game and launch title for the next xbox could be a very strong start to their recovery.
If Halo Infinite doesn’t turn out to be good, I’m thinking of moving to the PS5 next generation. Even if Halo Infinite is decent, I might go with the PS5. Halo has had a good run but maybe the series should come to an end. Xbox One is still awesome for playing older games. I would consider staying with Xbox if all previous backwards compatible games are imported to the next Xbox. I’m not going to give up on three generation of games for the next console. My favorite generation is the 360 games. I don’t even play Halo 5 that often anymore. I’m still playing all the others Halos via the MCC.
We just need a classic gameplay back, no lack of content, no buggy launch and a better campaign than halo 5. Split screen returining back is a good thing, lets hope they keep their promises.
Chimera30 wrote:

I would disagree with that last statement.I was genuinely worried after halo 4 lost over 90 percent of its playerbase 3 or 4 months after launch
I think the combination of Halo MCC and Infinite will make a much larger player base on PC rather than Xbox. Which sounds OK to me because it seems like the future of Xbox will be the console and PC groups melded together.
Chimera30 wrote:

I would disagree with that last statement.I was genuinely worried after halo 4 lost over 90 percent of its playerbase 3 or 4 months after launch
As bad as some people like to claim H4 was, it wasn't bad enough to shut the studio down or even run the risk of that happening. They made two games soon after 4; one being in part a rerelease of H4.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

As bad as some people like to claim H4 was, it wasn't bad enough to shut the studio down or even run the risk of that happening. They made two games soon after 4; one being in part a rerelease of H4.
If one aspect of your game drives away hundreds of thousands of players then it's kind of a failure
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2