Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Halo Infinite revive the halo community?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think the combination of Halo MCC and Infinite will make a much larger player base on PC rather than Xbox. Which sounds OK to me because it seems like the future of Xbox will be the console and PC groups melded together.
I agree. I feel that there's a much bigger audience interested in Halo on PC. And by switching to PC the twitch representation will be much higher than before, which will help get Halo much more publicity. Giant streamers like Summit and Dr.Disrespect have repeatedly shown excitement in Halo coming to PC so that will definitely lead to a revival.
AMA4N wrote:
After halo 4,mcc and 5 getting a lot of critics, 343 knows its their last chance making this game right otherwise many people are leaving the franchise for good, I probably think it will be better than halo 5 even though I do like all halo games. People many buy the xbox for halo but many people are still moving into ps4 due to xbox's lack of exclusives.

At least we have chris lee who is helping, a brand new engine and since e3 is coming soon, im worried what the gameplay will be like. This franchise is really important for the xbox community, 343 cannot make the same mistake again from halo 4,mcc and 5. Since microtransactions were confirmed ages ago, multiplayer could be messed up.

MCC had one of the worst launches in gaming history and halo 5 had one of the worst story telling in video game history but since we are getting an inside program, im still excited to play this new game.

If this game goes well, do you think the xbox community will revive?
AMA4N wrote:
Some xbox exclusives didn't go well, sea of theieves had a lack of content but its really good now but should had had that in release and some didn't even return back to sea of theieves, state of decay 2 had a buggy launch, crackdown 3 had a downgrade from its trailer, gears 4 and halo 5 had awful microtransaction.

I still agree some exclusives were good, but chris lee can handle infinite well.
I don't think the Xbox Platform will just rely only one single game. In past week, it's already confirmed there's already 63M players active on Xbox Live.
And there's no lack of exclusives. Just doesn't fit on majority interest, neither yours. I neither like State Of Decay, and I won't buy Sea Of thieves just because the lack of my internet connection. State Of Decay 2 reached 3 million of players active, and Sea Of Thieves 5M. Undead Labs already confirmed state of decay 2. But I don't say the same about crackdown 3.

Those people you told are majority casual players. I honestly I don't see any magic of Sony exclusives. I saw pro players beating these expensive single player games in one day. I prefer Xbox exclusive ones because they're complete (SP+MP+Splitscreen+Coop). Most probably influenced by some parent or friend already had a PS4, or by the media, who's create most content for PS4 users.

I still rely on my Xbox One because of services, support on my country and cost-benefit I won on Live Gold+Gamepass. I prefer my modest hardware than spend in a very expensive PC (In my country, a basic build PC like 1050ti with a ridiculous i3, I could buy a 4k LG TV and a One X).
In my time, I had bought a One FAT. PS4's hardware had as serious problem with overheat.

It's just ridiculous to resume a console in a single game. There's a entire game industry publishing their games to play.
Chimera30 wrote:
It's not like the Xbox community really needs reviving. After all, to be revivable, something must first be dead. Xbox ain't dead; if anything, it's doing pretty decent. Sure, some exclusives like SoT didn't pan out the way they planned, but the same could be said about Playstation. Days Gone didn't exactly live up to its expectations, either.

I don't think Xbox or even Halo as a franchise are riding on Infinite's success to survive. If Infinite ends up getting mixed reception like Halo 4 or 5 (i.e. some people love it, others hate it), I imagine Halo as a franchise would keep going, and certainly Xbox would too. And the worst I see Infinite being is divisive/controversial. I highly doubt it would turn out so panned that it would put the franchise in jeopardy; no Halo has ever been that bad.
I would disagree with that last statement.I was genuinely worried after halo 4 lost over 90 percent of its playerbase 3 or 4 months after launch
I will just agree here.
And even Halo 5 do well than Halo 4. Old players complain about the game, but at the same time brought new players.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
It's not like the Xbox community really needs reviving. After all, to be revivable, something must first be dead. Xbox ain't dead; if anything, it's doing pretty decent. Sure, some exclusives like SoT didn't pan out the way they planned, but the same could be said about Playstation. Days Gone didn't exactly live up to its expectations, either.

I don't think Xbox or even Halo as a franchise are riding on Infinite's success to survive. If Infinite ends up getting mixed reception like Halo 4 or 5 (i.e. some people love it, others hate it), I imagine Halo as a franchise would keep going, and certainly Xbox would too. And the worst I see Infinite being is divisive/controversial. I highly doubt it would turn out so panned that it would put the franchise in jeopardy; no Halo has ever been that bad.
I would disagree with that last statement.I was genuinely worried after halo 4 lost over 90 percent of its playerbase 3 or 4 months after launch
As bad as some people like to claim H4 was, it wasn't bad enough to shut the studio down or even run the risk of that happening. They made two games soon after 4; one being in part a rerelease of H4.
If H4 and h5 weren't mainline halo titles but spinoff like odst or reach or even were a non halo standalone games (with story tweaks obviously) both would be considered very solid titles indeed but slap on the halo title and expectations are raised to incredibly high standards.
If Halo Infinite doesn’t turn out to be good, I’m thinking of moving to the PS5 next generation. Even if Halo Infinite is decent, I might go with the PS5. Halo has had a good run but maybe the series should come to an end. Xbox One is still awesome for playing older games. I would consider staying with Xbox if all previous backwards compatible games are imported to the next Xbox. I’m not going to give up on three generation of games for the next console. My favorite generation is the 360 games. I don’t even play Halo 5 that often anymore. I’m still playing all the others Halos via the MCC.
Even despite the hardware being important in the Xbox division, I think they really profit on games than hardware.
I think they still up with their ideias to spread their service on other platforms.
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/1131272641296252928
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

As bad as some people like to claim H4 was, it wasn't bad enough to shut the studio down or even run the risk of that happening. They made two games soon after 4; one being in part a rerelease of H4.
If H4 and h5 weren't mainline halo titles but spinoff like odst or reach or even were a non halo standalone games (with story tweaks obviously) both would be considered very solid titles indeed.
Not in my opinion, Halo 5 was an issue because of the rng req system and many other aspects, not the title. I have expectations for all the games I buy, regardless of the title, it's the developer I expect the quality from, and Halo 4 and 5 need more than a title change to make me even consider playing them again, or view them as solid titles.

As for the Xbox community? One game won't support the community. Halo Infinite will get interest, and I'm sure we'll see an influx. However, we did get a bloody nose this gen, and Xbox is still going strong. We have millions playing a diverse range of games. That will continue with or without certain titles. I own a PS4 for their amazing exclusives, but Xbox is the best for online.
they said it will be a spirtual reboot, so it might feel an new game since this has a brand new engine which worthed lots of budges
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2