Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Halo Infinite succeed with the fans?

OP Dannyb38

A simple topic for today: do you think that Halo Infinite will succeed financially, critically, and (most importantly) with the fanbase? Do you think Halo Infinite is destined for a more grim fate? Or are you still unsure as to how well it will do?
From what I recollect every main title Halo game has been financially and critically successfully. It always feels like the current game is never succeeding with the fanbase. I'd probably expect H6 to follow a similar trend, hopefully with less uproar about whatever mechanics they decide to change.
As of now I'm not sure. Hearing that this is a next Gen launch title is a big letdown for me. H5 came out in 2015. Don't be another 6yr we can't figure it out and end up putting out a meh game *cough CD3*. Halo Gods PLEASE!
Who knows. Until the game actually launches or even until they are actual news about the game we won’t know how the game will be
Whether it wil be "critically acclaimed" or "popular with the existing Halo fanbase", we'll have to wait and see - given we know so little about it yet (beyond the Trailer and a few details), it's impossible to say.

But Halo Infinite "almost cannot fail" financially and player-base wise, because even if it doesn't sell that well on Xbox One or Gaming PC's, they can always put it on the upcoming XCloud Streaming Pass and so allow it to be streamed to low power laptops, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS devices (for up to 2 billion potential customers by being playable on virtually everything except a Playstation or Mac - see link below)!

So, "all 343i have to do" (!) is make a game that people want to play - and, yes, I think they can do that, and could yet go on to beat Halo 2 and 3 for "The most played Halo game of all time". :-)

For the official XCloud devices announcement, see the upcoming Game Developers Conference Schedule:

https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/xbox-live-growing-engaging-your-gaming-community-across-ios-android-switch-xbox-and-pc-presented-by-microsoft/865429
As of now I'm not sure. Hearing that this is a next Gen launch title is a big letdown for me. H5 came out in 2015. Don't be another 6yr we can't figure it out and end up putting out a meh game *cough CD3*. Halo Gods PLEASE!
Hi is stil coming out in 2020 for Xone FAT/S/X. 😑

I don't understand why it's such a surprise for so many people, I mean: GoW5 is coming out this year, Hi runs on a new engine, Scarlet was announced well over a year ago and leaked even before that, MS is heavily preparing for the next gen too and yadda yadda yadda... Of course the next Halo game will be a cross-platform title!
From what I recollect every main title Halo game has been financially and critically successfully. It always feels like the current game is never succeeding with the fanbase. I'd probably expect H6 to follow a similar trend, hopefully with less uproar about whatever mechanics they decide to change.
This image sums it up pretty well. But maybe Infinite will break the cycle, and somehow appeal to all Halo fans. Then we can all Come Together (cue The Beatles/Aerosmith) and enjoy a golden age of Halo.

Or we'll go on business as usual and people will suddenly be praising Halo 4 as gem of the franchise, unappreciated in it's time, but beloved now.

Of course, the former would be most appealing, but I'd also be fine with the latter if that means a higher population of Halo 4 in the MCC.
Halo 4 died off in less than a year, and Halo 5 was mixed at best, though.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I am unsure but optimistic. So far the fan reception has been mostly good with the engine trailer. Critically, really can't say yet. Financially, I think yes.
Nobody knows until 343 reveals more details about the game. But so far 343 has revealed nothing but good things so far with the exception of req packs (or some form of micro transactions) returning.
Nobody knows until 343 reveals more details about the game. But so far 343 has revealed nothing but good things so far with the exception of req packs (or some form of micro transactions) returning.
They've said no real-money loot crates, or crates buyable eith purchaseable currency. It doesn't rule out random unlocks but it's still better than buyable packs.
Spoiler:
Show