Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Johnson come back in Halo Infinite?

OP Crimson Cronk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Title
if he can survive a halo ring exploding one little lazer eye shouldnt keep him down
Johnson is 100% dead.
No.

but would I love a spartan 4 who’s Johnson’s son.

Yes.
Well since the game is called Infinite....so maybe there's infinite timelines, time-travel could exist. It's possible this could happen due to the crystal to prevent Cortana's uprising.
1 shard was destroyed and it's believed the Covenant have some of them or on the High Charity, which means the Flood could have access to time travel.
ronnie42 wrote:
Well since the game is called Infinite....so maybe there's infinite timelines, time-travel could exist. It's possible this could happen due to the crystal to prevent Cortana's uprising.
1 shard was destroyed and it's believed the Covenant have some of them or on the High Charity, which means the Flood could have access to time travel.
Thats probably the best joke i have seen around in a while
ronnie42 wrote:
Uh that’s a far stretch to say the least....
but no he’s dead. I loved him as everyone else did but a hero’s legacy shouldn’t be messed with
ronnie42 wrote:
Uh that’s a far stretch to say the least....
but no he’s dead. I loved him as everyone else did but a hero’s legacy shouldn’t be messed with
Of course he's dead...or at least was so timey wimey.
Johnson’s about as dead as Halo 4 servers.
Pretty sure he's dead dead, like not H4 Cortana dead. His appearance in HW2 mp is not canon.
Pretty sure he's dead dead, like not H4 Cortana dead. His appearance in HW2 mp is not canon.
Of course he's dead in this time-line but he technically could return by cloning/time-travel or even multi-verse. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an AI based on him to help moral.
I hope not. I would rather 343 create new characters and actually make them interesting. Bringing a character back from the dead just because they are a fan favorite kind of ruins the character in my opinion. Looking at you Cortana
please keep dead characters dead. bringing them back only cheapens their death in previous games (i know, i'm repeating myself from other threads, but who cares)

introduce new characters and make them interessting. if you don't do that, you end up with always the same few developed characters and a few side characters and thats it. this will get boring over time.
ronnie42 wrote:
Of course he's dead in this time-line but he technically could return by cloning/time-travel or even multi-verse. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an AI based on him to help moral.
Ooo I like that AI idea, that'd be sick. Those other points are a little too over the top sci-fi, I like Halo to be more grounded. Even the Prometheans are a little too crazy for me.
bringing him back from the dead would just be insulting to johnson. it'd be like cortana all over again.
WSerg wrote:
please keep dead characters dead. bringing them back only cheapens their death in previous games (i know, i'm repeating myself from other threads, but who cares)

introduce new characters and make them interessting. if you don't do that, you end up with always the same few developed characters and a few side characters and thats it. this will get boring over time.
this
xAXIOS wrote:
No.

Yes.
this is an interesting concept. make a new character that has room for development but has ties to an older beloved character so they seem familiar to the players. given johnsons "know what the lady's like" personality it wouldn't be that far of a stretch for him to have an illegitimate son that joined the marines during the war, later becoming a spartan in the post war era and wants to live up to the reputation that his father had.
I hope not. I would rather 343 create new characters and actually make them interesting. Bringing a character back from the dead just because they are a fan favorite kind of ruins the character in my opinion. Looking at you Cortana
At this point bringing classic characters might help since 343i generally seem to struggle making new interesting characters. I actually can't think of any modern Halo characters that compared to the others except maybe Lasky. A don't think bringing back a character can auto-ruin a character...it's more about poor execution. Look at Gears for example Raam was amazing in Gears, yeh it was cool to see him again in his Gears 3 campaign dlc but yeh 343i kind of messed up Cortana but they did that in both 4,5 before they tried to kill off her character. What concerns me about her is they made her less like an AI and it ended turning feeling like some bad romance fan-fiction.
ronnie42 wrote:
Ooo I like that AI idea, that'd be sick. Those other points are a little too over the top sci-fi, I like Halo to be more grounded. Even the Prometheans are a little too crazy for me.
Yeh there a bit over the top but the thing is Halo needs to get back to the mystery and well lately Halo hasn't been trying much when it comes to the unknown, there didn't feel like there was any suspense with the Prometheans plus be interesting to see a mirror universe where Chief finds a universe where the covenant won the great war with Earth in ruins, it would be a great way to bring back the iconic threat. I think generally Halo needs to go a bit further with the sci-fi and try some different things.

Plus be interesting to see how time travel could effect the existing universe, it may lead to factions like the Prophets coming back from near extinction or maybe saving some of the original Prometheans being saved, which could lead to them being playable in multiplayer.
If they build upon Lasky more, he could easily go down as a memorable character just like Johnson did (albeit in a different way). He’s been my favorite addition from the newer games.
If they build upon Lasky more, he could easily go down as a memorable character just like Johnson did (albeit in a different way). He’s been my favorite addition from the newer games.
Agreed. Lasky is one of the few new characters I actually like
No just keep the characters dead. Like, what's the point of these threads? You want a character back to life because he was awesome? Well, I also want my uncle back to life because he was awesome.
Definitely. I can see that 343 is trying to build on Lasky, but the way Halo 4 and 5 were handled didn't allow that.
xAXIOS wrote:
No.

Yes.
I love this idea! Basically make the same character, Sgt Johnson Jr
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4