Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will New Weapons in Halo 4/5 return?

OP NEXUS NX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Even though it is not certain, a theory suggests that the old-style armour is because the AI's can control or manipulate the current systems of amour. I propose that the AI's could do this with new weapons also. It would be a great way to re-introduce old weapons from previous Halo games. The weapons that I propose could return are not necessarily for the enemies to use, but for the player to use - it could be that a weapon bank has stock piled old weapons, or that a copy has been made of all weapons on a Forerunner installation.

New Halo 4/5 Weapons that could be gone:
  • Hydra Launcher
  • Railgun
  • (Halo 5) Rocket Launcher
  • (Halo4/5) Sniper Rifle
  • Saw
  • (Halo4 /5) Shotgun
Old Weapons that could return:
  • Brute Shot
  • Spiker
  • Needle Rifle
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Plasma Repeater
  • Focus Rifle
  • Plasma Launcher
  • (Elite) Plasma Rifle
Would you guys want to see old weapons return? Or do you want the same weapons with new additions?
What point would it serve to have the Sniper and Shotgun from Halo 4/5 gone? it's just an aesthetic, and in lore, an upgrade.
u dar remuv da ralgum?
If the Brutes aren't in the game, there's no point in having their weapons.
That theory about AIs taking over newer systems of armor don't apply to weapons at all. It's an entirely different thing.

I don't have many wishes for weapons, tho I think the Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher could make a return.
Even if it could happen, I doubt they would remove other weapons from thd list than just the H5g rocket launcher.
Shotgun and sniper rifle have minor changes and aesthetics could change anyway though im not sure if it would be more to the direction of classic or something different.

Not sure about others on the list. They are somewhat overpowered in a way that SAW is something that is a bit too similar to assault rifle while being more powerful. I doubt that they would remove it but i wouldnt mind it being removed.
The railgun is just one shot kills. Basically like spartan laser for infantry and small vehicles.
And the hydra launcher is basically like Halo 2 rocket launcher with smaller but more numerous explosives.
Basically, I wouldnt mind them being removed but those 3 weapons are one of those 343i additions to Halo so i guess they will stay, the railgun and SAW at least. The hydra launcher could be similar case to Halo: Reach grenade launcher.

And from those old weapons from the list, I think something like brute weapons could return with what seems like likely return of the brutes. Also, plasma rifle could return if we see well equipped elites with swords of sanghelios.

But would definitely like to see some old weapons to return.
There is a slim chance that we will see all races represented in Halo Infinite, based on the end of Halo 5: Guardians. With Cortana calling all races to serve her we have this likelihood of most if not all to do battle with the remaining UNSC forces on the ring.

That said, we should be able to find and use all manners of weapons and vehicles.
Just want to point out that shotguns, sniper rifles (excluding the scope), and the saw fire without electrical components. It’s all mechanical. Don’t really think you can hack them.
All I want is the Concussion Rifle, Sticky Detonator, Needle Rifle, and the H4 version of all the Forerunner weapons.
I'd love for old weapons to return, there was a lot of fun ones. I miss the sticky detonator. Also I'd be really sad if the railgun was taken out, probably my favourite H5 weapon.
Weapons that should return:
  • Brute shot
  • Brute Spiker
  • Plasma Rifle
  • Plasma repeater
  • Plasma launcher
  • Saw
  • Brute Mauler
  • Flamethrower
  • Grenade launcher
  • Railgun
NEXUS NX wrote:
Even though it is not certain, a theory suggests that the old-style armour is because the AI's can control or manipulate the current systems of amour. I propose that the AI's could do this with new weapons also. It would be a great way to re-introduce old weapons from previous Halo games. The weapons that I propose could return are not necessarily for the enemies to use, but for the player to use - it could be that a weapon bank has stock piled old weapons, or that a copy has been made of all weapons on a Forerunner installation.

• Hydra Launcher
  • Railgun
  • (Halo4/5) Sniper Rifle
  • Saw
  • (Halo4 /5) Shotgun
  • Brute Shot
  • Spiker
  • Needle Rifle
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Plasma Repeater
  • Focus Rifle
  • Plasma Launcher
  • (Elite) Plasma Rifle
Would you guys want to see old weapons return? Or do you want the same weapons with new additions?
I certainly hope the H5 RL is gone. We already had SPNKR in 1-4, why randomly replace it?
One quick note: I don't think it's very likely for us to get the Grif Shot and the Concussion Rifle, since the latter is just a reskin of the former.
Spiker was great, I'd love to have it back, though I notice you didn't mention the Mauler, though that would probably only be good with dual wielding.
Needle Rifle was pretty much replaced by Blood of Suban, but I'd still love to see it back.
Plasma Repeater was an awesome concept, please replace Storm Rifle and have Elites use regular Plasma Rifles.
Loved Focus Rifle, though it overlaps a bit with Sentinel Beam
Loved Plasma Launcher, but Plasma Caster feels like an improved version.

I'd also really love the Sticky Detonator back, since that was fun.
And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FLAMETHROWER PLS.
I just wanna see a ma5k
Bad Blood notes that most weapon sights, even electronic ones, still work when a Guardian EMP goes off. Smart-Link isnt effected, nor is MJLONIR.
So that reasoning is kind of pointless.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
NEXUS NX wrote:

• Hydra Launcher
  • Railgun
  • (Halo4/5) Sniper Rifle
  • Saw
  • (Halo4 /5) Shotgun
  • Brute Shot
  • Spiker
  • Needle Rifle
  • Concussion Rifle
  • Plasma Repeater
  • Focus Rifle
  • Plasma Launcher
  • (Elite) Plasma Rifle
My thoughts.
NEXUS NX wrote:
My thoughts.
All those weapons alone would take up half of the game's total storage, if not, even more. You do know that developing video games isn't cheap right? Each thing you add costs money and it must be met with a deadline. It's not going to be developing for ever like fan projects.
NEXUS NX wrote:
My thoughts.
All those weapons alone would take up half of the game's total storage, if not, even more. You do know that developing video games isn't cheap right? Each thing you add costs money and it must be met with a deadline. It's not going to be developing for ever like fan projects.
I understand, it's just a wish list. Maybe one day we'll have a console powerful enough for something like this.
NEXUS NX wrote:
My thoughts.
I understand, it's just a wish list. Maybe one day we'll have a console powerful enough for something like this.
It's not really about power, it's more about storage and the resources. I'm sure even the vanilla Xbox One could handle every weapon, but as a sacrifice, the game itself. There's no way that many weapons can be implemented realistically without sacrificing most of the actual game.
Lots of people seem confused that I suggest that weapons like the rocket launcher, shotgun and sniper from Halo 4/5 could not be in Halo Infinite.

I think that because they are new upgrades with new technology, this is something the AI's could use to there advantage and disabled any person from using them.

Therefore, the older, not upgraded weapons could return.
Bad Blood notes that most weapon sights, even electronic ones, still work when a Guardian EMP goes off. Smart-Link isnt effected, nor is MJLONIR.
I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully 343 will have a satisfying explanation of why the style changed.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully 343 will have a satisfying explanation of why the style changed.
Yeah, I just remembered. In Halo 5, in the last mission, Guardians, you have a section where you have to race to that magnetic thingy to pull out the Cryptum from Cortana's Guardian. In that section, if you have the Battle Rifle from the previous room (or really any other weapon), they will remain active even after the multiple EMP blasts from the Guardian. The Mjolnir armor also seemed to get crazy but fixed itself right away as you can see both the shields and health regenerating properly practically seconds after all that.
NEXUS NX wrote:
Yeah, I just remembered. In Halo 5, in the last mission, Guardians, you have a section where you have to race to that magnetic thingy to pull out the Cryptum from Cortana's Guardian. In that section, if you have the Battle Rifle from the previous room (or really any other weapon), they will remain active even after the multiple EMP blasts from the Guardian. The Mjolnir armor also seemed to get crazy but fixed itself right away as you can see both the shields and health regenerating properly practically seconds after all that.
Im fairly certain the damage done to the MJLONIR is from the Guardian's preliminary slip-space pulses, which can mess with even hardened systems through sheer radiation exposure, so that makes sense
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Hope all Brute weapons come back. The newer designs don't really bother me as much. Just the Rocket Launcher and Shotgun annoy me tbh.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2