Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Osiris be in Infinite?

OP Sydney B021

Locke was in H2A and the main character of 5. They can't possible just drop him
He was only in H2A as basically a promo/bonus trailer for H5 so I'm not sure that really counts. Infinite takes place three years after H5 so it's very possible that he doesn't return.
They probably will have him some where in the game he just may not have that big of a role.
Given the time jump between H5 and HI, anything could happen. Locke could just get a little mention during a conversation in a cut scene, along with Osiris. I mean Osiris isn't even a full fireteam as of now, what with Buck back on Alpha-9. For continuity's sake, it would be odd to pretend he doesn't exist, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if his character gets relegated to the extended lore and is never brought up again in the games.

It's a shame really. Locke had some serious potential. I rather like him as a character, but his portrayal in H5 was underwhelming at best. He's a methodical, loyal, and fair leader. Of all the Spartan-IVs, he's one of only a few I see as possessing many of the qualities we all love about the Spartan-IIs. So I hope he gets some attention again, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was never seen again in a main line game.
Maybe they'll be mentioned or something like that.
Maybe. If they develop his character well, I can see him return
I feel like Locke and Osiris will be mentioned in passing. I could see them maybe being the subject of a graphic novel, or regular novel, maybe with Gabriel Thorne replacing Buck, as I believe that was the original plan for 5? But I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in it at all.
343 said Halo infinite is going to be master chief focused
343 said Halo infinite is going to be master chief focused
True, but Osiris can have a side role. Think back to Spartan Ops in H4. That game focused on Chief as well. But your character as part of Fireteam Majestic (at least, I think that was the name) was a side character with a role to play in the Halo universe.
If they are going to be part of the game, its most likely wayyy in the background.
I would quite like to see him back and blue team had literally no development in halo 5 so it would be interesting to see Locke and Buck in infinite. I don't think anyone really cares about the other two in Osiris. Maybe a four man team with Chief, Arbiter, Buck and Locke now that would make for a good final mission of the game - hopefully a final warthog run before lots of the current characters get retired (which I think is likely after Infinite unless they set up a final few more main series games to properly bring the current story to a close).
I would quite like to see him back and blue team had literally no development in halo 5 so it would be interesting to see Locke and Buck in infinite. I don't think anyone really cares about the other two in Osiris. Maybe a four man team with Chief, Arbiter, Buck and Locke now that would make for a good final mission of the game - hopefully a final warthog run before lots of the current characters get retired (which I think is likely after Infinite unless they set up a final few more main series games to properly bring the current story to a close).
I would especially like to see buck and Alpha 9 again, i miss their personalities.
I would especially like to see buck and Alpha 9 again, i miss their personalities.
I don't know if you have read Halo: New Blood but Alpha 9 probably won't come back.
I'd say no, because they say that Infinite is supposed to be a soft reboot of sorts
Hunter2747 wrote:
I'd say no, because they say that Infinite is supposed to be a soft reboot of sorts
Yeah but they shouldn't just ignore the other games. I think they mean a reboot in the style of the game and the way they take the story forward but it should still be a continuation of the previous games.
I don't know if you have read Halo: New Blood but Alpha 9 probably won't come back.
I don't know if youve read Halo: Bad Blood but they are back. All of them(except rookie).
I don't know if youve read Halo: Bad Blood but they are back. All of them(except rookie).
it would be awesome if for a mission you team up with alpha nine to take down say a created operation or base
While a return to form, with Chief taking center stage once again, is something many clamoured for, id like to Osiris make a return. Maybe not as the main characters, butbhave them in a few cut scenes as supporting roles, maybe they're dispatched on a mission that's critical to the story, but we, as the Chief, only see the outcome of that mission.
I'd love to see some side story DLC, or even another game, with Locke as the main protagonist.