Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will the campaign end with a cliffhanger?

OP N1K Leonhart

Will the game end with a cliffhanger,what you think guys?I think it wil,i think this "10 years plan"is the evidence of that.
Imo they will start slow with Chief having amnesia and fighting Escharum and the Banished,slowly remembering what happened and then when he does the game ends with a cliffhanger.
And then we wait a year or two for the continuation of the story with possible new enemies like Flood,Prometheans or Atriox army.
ask me after I beat it
I doubt it'll be on the scale of halo 2's, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least hint at what they want to add next.
I doubt it'll be on the scale of halo 2's, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least hint at what they want to add next.
Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 endings were bad as well.
Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 endings were bad as well.
I like to forget halo 5 was a thing.

I definitely agree on Halo Wars 2 though. The campaign felt oddly short. While Starcraft 2's plot might be sort of iffy with the community, I felt its campaign was definitely a more robust experience.
I doubt it’ll end on a Halo 2 level cliffhanger per say but I think the end of Infinite will definitely leave a tease of what’s to come after the campaign.
Wether that continues in the shape of DLC or live events who knows.

Very curious to see how they handle Infinite in the long haul.
TheDonCJG wrote:
I doubt it’ll end on a Halo 2 level cliffhanger per say but I think the end of Infinite will definitely leave a tease of what’s to come after the campaign.
Wether that continues in the shape of DLC or live events who knows.

Very curious to see how they handle Infinite in the long haul.
I expect to see what the Master Chief will do next after the campaign that's non-DLC.
Probably. If it is a project that will be supported for 10 years there could be a few cliff hangers along the way.
eviltedi wrote:
Probably. If it is a project that will be supported for 10 years there could be a few cliff hangers along the way.
That would suck.

After Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2, it would be a third cliff hanger in a row. The final battle against Escharum being saved as an expansion/dlc is not okay.
eviltedi wrote:
That would suck.

After Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2, it would be a third cliff hanger in a row. The final battle against Escharum being saved as an expansion/dlc is not okay.
Cannot comment on HW2, never played it as I'm not into RTS games.

I didn't say the final battle against Escharum would be a DLC, that's even if he is the final battle. I'm just betting that there will be cliff hangers, especially if the game really is a ten year project. I actually think it will be like Destiny 2, semi open world with paid expansions every now and then. And no,,, I don't like that idea at all, I just see it going that way. Hope I'm wrong tbh.
I hope they at least conclude Halo 5 somehow, as well as its own story. Maybe DLC can tie up loose ends, but that comes later. We'll just have to wait.
Escharum is not worthy to be final boss of the Campaign,we didn't even know about him till recently.The original planned trilogy surely focused on the Didact as the main villain.
Now i think the game is being told in some episodic type of way and the story won't be finished untill the last dlc comes out.
i dont expect flood to be in the base game (if dlcs are to come). here is what i think :
banished are dealt with. and a squad of the remaining unsc forces present on the ring, goes through deep jungles and find flood storage facilities. (considering the squad which was sent for searching the area haven't seen or heard of flood in their entire carrer) and they accidentally free the flood and with em probably the mendicant bias.
Now i think the game is being told in some episodic type of way and the story won't be finished untill the last dlc comes out.
This absolutely sucks. The final mission of the campaign should be an epic closure with a confrontation with the main antagonist.
peobebly but dont forget there will be adding new content its a 8 year halo game in the making
Tbh if this is the final 117 campaign game I'd like it to have a proper ending showing what his face looks like in Halo 6!