Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will there be microtransactions?

OP Boss Sensai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I have been seeing some videos and some other bloggers posting about how Halo Infinite will incorporate microtransactions into the gameplay. I am hoping that it's not true, Halo has been part of my top 5 games since I was young and getting into gaming. I'm talking since 2000! It would be a shame to exclude Infinite from the collection.
I'm sure there will be some form of micro transactions. Hopefully they will be minimal and uninvasive to the core gameplay. It would be nice if they weren't there at all, but I don't see that happening with the gaming industry in its current trend
There will be micros. As of now we do not know what form they will take though. We only know there will be no paid loot boxes. It hasn't been confirmed yet if whatever micros are in the game will affect gameplay or not.
Micro transactions are in every game now, i wouldnt be surprised if they added it in someway.
A 343 guy only said there will be no "real money loot crates" so that leaves some options open. There may be, I think there probably will be, but I don't know if they're confirmed.
seanonix wrote:
A 343 guy only said there will be no "real money microtransactions" so that leaves some options open. There may be, I think there probably will be, but not confirmed.
A 343i guy did not say that. He said "there will be no real money loot crates" Micro transactions will be in the game from what I've read.
Pretty sure MT will be in H6. No real money MT tho. The language used was very vague tho so hard to say what we will see.
eviltedi wrote:
seanonix wrote:
A 343 guy only said there will be no "real money microtransactions" so that leaves some options open. There may be, I think there probably will be, but not confirmed.
A 343i guy did not say that. He said "there will be no real money loot crates" Micro transactions will be in the game from what I've read.
Oh oops you're right, they're different
lol Im waiting for the req packs to come back and the excuse be that theyre card packs and not a loot box so its okay that more than half the game is rng pay to win while the other half is copying current trends.
The only micro-transaction system that I have seen that works is GTA Online economy system where you can buy currency, earn it base game matches, and doing contracts. I feel that it could work with the Reach economy system. If micro-transactions are a must then that is the best way to do it. But it go great if maps are free and future transactions can go off of in game currency. The in-game economy could be used to get armor, attachments, visor color, armor effects, maybe firefight character packs (like reach) or alternative announcers, weapon skins, and armor patterns. Locking off colors or emblems will be a bad idea and some armor should be able to unlocked viva achievements or campaign completion. Seriously don't do what Bungie did for Destiny 2, people don't like taking a feature away. Say Base Mark V and Base Mark VI which attachments for those helmets you would have to get viva in-game currency system.

Have weekly and daily challenges to get a good bit of in-game currency and maybe have double xp weekend game mode. Also commendations could make a return and have them unlock a good bit of in-game currency.
They did recently comform this with a job listing on their webssite. unless they took it down.
There will be some form of microtransactions in halo infinite and it will likely be very similar to how they were implemented into Halo 5. So if you didnt mind Halo 5 you should be good to go. If you did mind them in Halo 5, you better voice your concerns. Halo 5's microtransactions didnt really bother me. As long as the items are cosmetic and or only for use in warzone im good.
What that should do is have a free on a day if thay incorporate them
With how the gaming industry is at the moment i would say that microtransactions are likely going to be in the game (the microsoft being involved doesnt really help the situation either, not saying such has always been the case, just saying that it is at the moment).

But just seriously hoping for something like stricker gambling laws in games so at least RNG stuff would be rid of in its form where real money is involved.

And other that is an issue is day 1 DLC/similar since its basically content that was ready before the release but just locked behind a paywall and that is ridiculous given that development time could have been used to fix bugs and glitches and properly testing the game instead of aiming to more profit. For instance, many games seem to be really bugged on release and are perhaps patched months after or not at all with huge memory requirements.

Is it too much to ask that the product people spend their money on has been properly made before they attempt to get more money with overpriced skins or break the balance of the game with those extra edge DLC?

So to stay on topic before it gets derailed again, yes, i i think microtransactions are a likely part of the game but im just hoping for some form of DLCs not to be included for once. If not for anything else then good PR.
FROM WHAT WE KNOW:
There will be microtransactions, there will be lootbox, and there will be some form of live service. But none of those necessarily affect one or the other. It is confirmed that you won’t pay for loot-boxes with real money, but we don’t know how they will implement loot-boxes and microtransactions. Live-service is interesting since Halo has done some form of daily, weekly, monthly challenges, so maybe they will expand upon that, along with new monthly content like Halo 5 (excluding the fact that those content were cut from the game).
I hope for no microtransaction but for solo 343 skin emplyees
As it hasn't been linked here yet:
https://twitter.com/tefferlee/status/1042453524330700801
Quote:
Keep the faith, it's appreciated! We’re still working through final plans and will share more when we are ready, but I can definitely say that Halo Infinite will not include real-money loot boxes.
My guess is that u can use points to buy loot boxes (reqs) or u can use real money to buy preset packs of cards. Making people even more likely to buy the packs rather than wade thru the ridiculously huge number of useless variants and trash weapons in the req packs. This makes war zone even more pay to win, thus meaning more people willing to pay,more cash flow, and a worse experience for those willing to feed the cash cow.
I really home they learned something from current event's with EA, if they really decide to implement a system.
With no paid lootboxes, I think micros will be cosmetic only. If you really like this cosmetic item, you can buy it or (hopefully) grind for it. I think buying something that gives a gameplay advantage without having to get lucky is safely off the books though. Not even EA, Activision, or Ubisoft (the biggest 3 AAA devs with the most problematic micro-transaction/DLC policies in my mind) have stooped that low.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3