Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will there be microtransactions?

OP Contending Bias

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yes, but they won't be 'real-money loot boxes'.

Even in a best case scenario, they suck meaning and achievement out of a game. A badass set of armour means a lot less if you can just buy it.
Yea I would agree with halofollower quote "If you make the game buy-able, no need to have micro transaction, unless its free to play then it would be allowed"
100% yes, in what form hard to say
Just thought of something I thought I'd share in the form of a bit of a rant. You have been warned.

You know what would be really cool?

If 343i recognised that if a game is absolutely mind blowing, has a great campaign and multiplayer, beautifully designed features like a Forge, Theatre (that even let's you watch campaign missions) and custom games, and has unbelievable graphics, it'd sell so fast and in such large quantities and could become one of the best selling Halo games, if not, the best selling game ever.

There's a reason why GTA V made £800,000 within 24 hours of release, because it was f*****g unreal. The story was awesome, everything involved in the gameplay was awesome, the map was awesome... And they hadn't even included the multiplayer until 2 weeks later! When a game comes out, there's those that preorder the game or know they'll be getting it day of release, and there are those that wait to see reviews before they buy it, and in this case, it's pretty obvious that the latter were greatly influenced by the screams of joy that they game was awesome and smooth, and that the reviews were all rating the game highly.

Make a banging game that you know we'll all like... Surely someone in 343i has thought at some point "hmm, maybe antagonising Cortana isn't so good" or "hmm, maybe loot box systems in a Halo game won't go well with our fans". Just scrap microtransactions and make a game that blows up the gaming market and awakens the Halo vets that have retired since Halo 4, and then maybe do a follow the path previous Halo games had taken and add paid DLC for GOOD maps. They're the only good things to pay for in my opinion.
Did titanfall 2 have MICROTRANSACTIONS, yes. However it depends on how they implemented them which made it great
So, Microtransactions, NOT lootboxes. I really hope that's confirmed, cause if you put cosmetics in a store where you know what you're getting, that, at least, puts value on the items. This is the lesser of two evils, a lootbox system that can't be bought won't solve the problem (if that's what they are planning). You're still adding a cheap and uneventful method of earning armour, assassinations, etc.

I hope to god they are going to lock everything related to microtransactions to a mode that nobody will want to play and that nobody WILL play to allow us to ignore the part of the game we hate and the part of developers in this day and age that we also hate.
Blitz in Halo Wars 2 was perfect (figuratively speaking, having the least of evils).
Microtransactions alone in a gamemode that was horribly unbalanced and that I and a lot of other didn't care about over Deathmatch.

So, if we're looking fully customizable armour earnable through achievements and a system of microtransactions that has nothing to do with lootboxes that applies to something that nobody will buy, then I think we're good.
Respect will go to developers that don't beg for more money, and respect me as a consumer with the interest to make a game because they want me to enjoy it, NOT to subtly annoy me without outright pissing me off.
There will be in some way, shape, or form but we don’t know how they’ll work. Hopefully it’s not another req system or some EA level bs
There is a large community that actually likes micro transactions for cosmectics like myself. It is a cool feature for me.
There is a large community that actually likes micro transactions for cosmectics like myself. It is a cool feature for me.
why do you like them for cosmetics? They remove all semblance of long term happiness and pride with the fact that all items can be gotten by being "Lucky".
Why do you prefer luck over a system where you earn everything you get, and nothing is for free?
You see someone wearing the helljumper, you're like "I wanna be that guy! -Yoink- me, I hate that guy! I want that helmet! Completing the campaign on Legendary is worth it! I need that helmet!"
This is versus the microtransactions lootbox system where you say "aww that guy got the Helljumper, hope I get lucky in the next lootbox -_-"
It's infuriating, how do you stand for that?
UK BOSS01 wrote:
Did titanfall 2 have MICROTRANSACTIONS, yes. However it depends on how they implemented them which made it great
I agree with that, and I played a ton of T2, but it appeared that T2 did the same thing h5 did and released with less maps than it predecessor just to give them out slowly later as "free dlc". But in regards to just the microtransaction, they affected gameplay in no way whatsoever, and I applaud that.
UK BOSS01 wrote:
Did titanfall 2 have MICROTRANSACTIONS, yes. However it depends on how they implemented them which made it great
I agree with that, and I played a ton of T2, but it appeared that T2 did the same thing h5 did and released with less maps than it predecessor just to give them out slowly later as "free dlc". But in regards to just the microtransaction, they affected gameplay in no way whatsoever, and I applaud that.
They shouldn't affect gameplay anyway, that's a given. It's not like it's a privilege that we get a game with microtransactions that doesn't affect gameplay.
No company should beg for praise in not doing a pay to win system, it's such a bad idea how could a human being even come up with something like that, there's no second chances.
None of these flaws should be accepted. Releasing post-launch content that should've been in the base game is bad. Making a pay to win system is bad. Putting cosmetics in RNG lootboxes is bad. Literally removing content that was in previous titles and compensating it as "free DLC" is bad.
All of the anti-consumer practices are nefarious.
We should have none of them at all.
Yea I would agree with halofollower quote "If you make the game buy-able, no need to have micro transaction, unless its free to play then it would be allowed"
That might be nice, but then who is gona pay 343 to make more map packs? I for one want no micro transactions, and paid map packs back.
There is a large community that actually likes micro transactions for cosmectics like myself. It is a cool feature for me.
why do you like them for cosmetics? They remove all semblance of long term happiness and pride with the fact that all items can be gotten by being "Lucky".
Why do you prefer luck over a system where you earn everything you get, and nothing is for free?
You see someone wearing the helljumper, you're like "I wanna be that guy! -Yoink- me, I hate that guy! I want that helmet! Completing the campaign on Legendary is worth it! I need that helmet!"
This is versus the microtransactions lootbox system where you say "aww that guy got the Helljumper, hope I get lucky in the next lootbox -_-"
It's infuriating, how do you stand for that?
For the simple fact that I work 70 hours a week and it gives me a rush opening up loot boxes and packs. Overwatch I use to bi-weekly open up 40 boxes because it made me excited.
UK BOSS01 wrote:
Did titanfall 2 have MICROTRANSACTIONS, yes. However it depends on how they implemented them which made it great
I agree with that, and I played a ton of T2, but it appeared that T2 did the same thing h5 did and released with less maps than it predecessor just to give them out slowly later as "free dlc". But in regards to just the microtransaction, they affected gameplay in no way whatsoever, and I applaud that.
They shouldn't affect gameplay anyway, that's a given. It's not like it's a privilege that we get a game with microtransactions that doesn't affect gameplay.
No company should beg for praise in not doing a pay to win system, it's such a bad idea how could a human being even come up with something like that, there's no second chances.
None of these flaws should be accepted. Releasing post-launch content that should've been in the base game is bad. Making a pay to win system is bad. Putting cosmetics in RNG lootboxes is bad. Literally removing content that was in previous titles and compensating it as "free DLC" is bad.
All of the anti-consumer practices are nefarious.
We should have none of them at all.
Yes!!!! I've been calling for this community to speak with thier wallets since the req system appeared. The only way to remove microtransactions and other predatory money grabbing mechanics to to not buy the product and speak with our wallets. I could not agree with you more. I was in middle school to high school when halo ce and halo 2 came out. I still consider that the golden age of halo and gaming. New technology and graphics don't make up for games that r fun and bring friends together.
There is a large community that actually likes micro transactions for cosmectics like myself. It is a cool feature for me.
why do you like them for cosmetics? They remove all semblance of long term happiness and pride with the fact that all items can be gotten by being "Lucky".
Why do you prefer luck over a system where you earn everything you get, and nothing is for free?
You see someone wearing the helljumper, you're like "I wanna be that guy! -Yoink- me, I hate that guy! I want that helmet! Completing the campaign on Legendary is worth it! I need that helmet!"
This is versus the microtransactions lootbox system where you say "aww that guy got the Helljumper, hope I get lucky in the next lootbox -_-"
It's infuriating, how do you stand for that?
For the simple fact that I work 70 hours a week and it gives me a rush opening up loot boxes and packs. Overwatch I use to bi-weekly open up 40 boxes because it made me excited.
Ok I guess I can’t blame you, but I still stand my ground.
I say any system that removes value from the item strips you of any happiness you will have looking back on your work in the game. You’ll look back and ask yourself how you got them, and you’ll say you got lucky. A very small amount of it is actual work, cause you can get rare items first try, it’s inconsistent.
You didn’t work for anything and have nothing to show for it.

But if you have fun opening packs and don’t care what you get... I really don’t understand what you think but I don’t deserve to judge.
Thank you for your input, I’ll take this into consideration for further debates.
There is a large community that actually likes micro transactions for cosmectics like myself. It is a cool feature for me.
why do you like them for cosmetics? They remove all semblance of long term happiness and pride with the fact that all items can be gotten by being "Lucky".
Why do you prefer luck over a system where you earn everything you get, and nothing is for free?
You see someone wearing the helljumper, you're like "I wanna be that guy! -Yoink- me, I hate that guy! I want that helmet! Completing the campaign on Legendary is worth it! I need that helmet!"
This is versus the microtransactions lootbox system where you say "aww that guy got the Helljumper, hope I get lucky in the next lootbox -_-"
It's infuriating, how do you stand for that?
For the simple fact that I work 70 hours a week and it gives me a rush opening up loot boxes and packs. Overwatch I use to bi-weekly open up 40 boxes because it made me excited.
Ok I guess I can’t blame you, but I still stand my ground.
I say any system that removes value from the item strips you of any happiness you will have looking back on your work in the game. You’ll look back and ask yourself how you got them, and you’ll say you got lucky. A very small amount of it is actual work, cause you can get rare items first try, it’s inconsistent.
You didn’t work for anything and have nothing to show for it.

But if you have fun opening packs and don’t care what you get... I really don’t understand what you think but I don’t deserve to judge.
Thank you for your input, I’ll take this into consideration for further debates.
Hey buddy, I also agree with your thought process on the "earn it" system. Either way i'm all about it. I see your points.
I liked the way 343 handled microtransactions with Halo 5.

You could unlock any armor pieces without spending real money. Could just grind through it. The only thing I remember being unable to grind for is the voice pack as it was purchase only, which wasn't even that great to begin with.

There were no map packs dlc's separating players (truly hated those). And I loved that about the game. Everyone got the newest warzone maps. Everyone got the chance to grind for the newest armor. Everyone got to enjoy the content updates.

The idea of microtransactions was handled well, because it didn't divide the remaining player base. And as long as they stick to that formula, I don't mind microtransactions being in Halo Infinite (which they most likely will).
HFCxWrath wrote:
I liked the way 343 handled microtransactions with Halo 5.

You could unlock any armor pieces without spending real money. Could just grind through it. The only thing I remember being unable to grind for is the voice pack as it was purchase only, which wasn't even that great to begin with.

There were no map packs dlc's separating players (truly hated those). And I loved that about the game. Everyone got the newest warzone maps. Everyone got the chance to grind for the newest armor. Everyone got to enjoy the content updates.

The idea of microtransactions was handled well, because it didn't divide the remaining player base. And as long as they stick to that formula, I don't mind microtransactions being in Halo Infinite (which they most likely will).
Is this clickbait? You can't seriously be able to legitimately rationalise this.
HFCxWrath wrote:
I liked the way 343 handled microtransactions with Halo 5.

You could unlock any armor pieces without spending real money. Could just grind through it. The only thing I remember being unable to grind for is the voice pack as it was purchase only, which wasn't even that great to begin with.

There were no map packs dlc's separating players (truly hated those). And I loved that about the game. Everyone got the newest warzone maps. Everyone got the chance to grind for the newest armor. Everyone got to enjoy the content updates.

The idea of microtransactions was handled well, because it didn't divide the remaining player base. And as long as they stick to that formula, I don't mind microtransactions being in Halo Infinite (which they most likely will).
Is this clickbait? You can't seriously be able to legitimately rationalise this.
Oh, of course not.

They should just provide you with new map packs, for free. Weapon skins? Free. New armor sets? All free.

Microtransactions in this game were fully optional, unless you wanted the voice pack. They supported devs while they pushed out new map packs, warzone modes, etc. Hell, you didn't even have to spend money on microt. on the game to get new updates stuff. Give them a break. Microtransactions are a part of most, if not all games now. As long as they don't stop you from progressing in the game, I don't see anything wrong with them.
HFCxWrath wrote:
HFCxWrath wrote:
I liked the way 343 handled microtransactions with Halo 5.

You could unlock any armor pieces without spending real money. Could just grind through it. The only thing I remember being unable to grind for is the voice pack as it was purchase only, which wasn't even that great to begin with.

There were no map packs dlc's separating players (truly hated those). And I loved that about the game. Everyone got the newest warzone maps. Everyone got the chance to grind for the newest armor. Everyone got to enjoy the content updates.

The idea of microtransactions was handled well, because it didn't divide the remaining player base. And as long as they stick to that formula, I don't mind microtransactions being in Halo Infinite (which they most likely will).
Is this clickbait? You can't seriously be able to legitimately rationalise this.
Oh, of course not.

They should just provide you with new map packs, for free. Weapon skins? Free. New armor sets? All free.

Microtransactions in this game were fully optional, unless you wanted the voice pack. They supported devs while they pushed out new map packs, warzone modes, etc. Hell, you didn't even have to spend money on microt. on the game to get new updates stuff. Give them a break. Microtransactions are a part of most, if not all games now. As long as they don't stop you from progressing in the game, I don't see anything wrong with them.
Microtransaction created a pay to win lotery system that is becoming illegal in several countries. Somehow a smaller studio, Respawn entertainment, was able to give out free mps and dlc without loot boxes or a pay to win system. There's no reason 343 needs to use questionable predatory schemes to bring cash from its playerbase. People who support such kinds of possibly illegal behavior are part of the problem. I'd rather be part of the solution.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3