Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will there be Req packs in Halo Infinite?

OP TimePerson48

I have heard the news of Halo Infinite coming out soon and I hear that Spartan customization will be like Reach, which is great, however I have to wonder wether or not there will be another lootbox like system as seen in halo 5. If there is this system, then my courage into this new game (which looks great, good job guys!) Will lower and Im sure many other people will probably give it as much hate as seen in Halo 5. I personally hate this system due to how It does not feel halo at all. I mean Spartan customization was used either as an acheivement for hard work or as a prize for completing tasks as seen in halo 3. Halo reach had an awesome system where you got TO SEE WHAT YOU BUY WITH CREDITS and not have to get random bull. I mean come on 343! You guys can do much better than this and you know it. I will hate to see this game ruined by microtransactions. I hope you can respond to this and tell not only me but the other fans of halo if this terrible system will appear in Halo Infinite. Again, I hope that you do not add this to Halo Infinite for it will ruin the experience for many people.
I’m going to have my fingers crossed and hope they don’t make a return
I have heard the news of Halo Infinite coming out soon and I hear that Spartan customization will be like Reach, which is great, however I have to wonder wether or not there will be another lootbox like system as seen in halo 5. If there is this system, then my courage into this new game (which looks great, good job guys!) Will lower and Im sure many other people will probably give it as much hate as seen in Halo 5. I personally hate this system due to how It does not feel halo at all. I mean Spartan customization was used either as an acheivement for hard work or as a prize for completing tasks as seen in halo 3. Halo reach had an awesome system where you got TO SEE WHAT YOU BUY WITH CREDITS and not have to get random bull. I mean come on 343! You guys can do much better than this and you know it. I will hate to see this game ruined by microtransactions. I hope you can respond to this and tell not only me but the other fans of halo if this terrible system will appear in Halo Infinite. Again, I hope that you do not add this to Halo Infinite for it will ruin the experience for many people.
They told us there would be no loot boxes that can be bought with cash or in game currency. Will there be rng ? Who knows ? I'm hoping for buy what you see items, I will not buy Halo Infinite if there's any rng.
If Warzone returns, or there is a new mode that has Warzone elements (spawning in weapons, boosts, and vehicles), I'd be fine with it. But I don't want the armour and emblems to be involved in it too.
It's been confirmed that there will be no payed loot boxes via real money but we don't know if there will be no loot boxes whatsoever. By the way if soon means holiday 2020 then yes it's soon. For me that's agonizingly far away lol
No real money loot boxes, but microtransactions will be present.

I’m with eviltedi though. I’ve had enough of RNG, loot boxes, and “live service” BS. If any of that is there, this is going to be the first Halo game I’ll not buy at any point. It will be something I’ll play for a few hours on Game Pass and get rid of it as soon as I unlock all the achievements.
There won't be loot boxes. Glad they aren't doing that unlike EA and Activision.
That was one of the reasons why I logged on to Halo 5 because you get free stuff everyday.
I'm resigned to the fact that unfortunately there's GONNA be microtransactions of some kind in Infinite... I wouldn't have minded the REQ system so much if it wasn't so ridiculously bloated with the absurd number of cosmetics they created JUST for the sheer sake of bloating the system so the unlock grind took as long as possible. 2-3 different variants of the same armor with a white stripe or some scarring being the only difference, seriously?!
It's been confirmed that there will be no payed loot boxes via real money but we don't know if there will be no loot boxes whatsoever. By the way if soon means holiday 2020 then yes it's soon. For me that's agonizingly far away lol
Let's hope that includes surprise mechanics as well.

My question is what are they going to do with the Req system for Halo 5 after Halo infinite? IMHO there is no longer a need for those packs and they should just be thrown in for free with purchase of in game req points currency only. Of course they would have to up the drop rate so instead of a daily silver pack the daily pack will be a Platinum pack.

My question is what are they going to do with the Req system for Halo 5 after Halo infinite? IMHO there is no longer a need for those packs and they should just be thrown in for free with purchase of in game req points currency only. Of course they would have to up the drop rate so instead of a daily silver pack the daily pack will be a Platinum pack.
Oof you just made me think what would Halo look like if EA owned it.

Oof you just made me think what would Halo look like if EA owned it.
Halo 5 was close enough thank you.
tuhin94 wrote:
No real money loot boxes, but microtransactions will be present.

I’m with eviltedi though. I’ve had enough of RNG, loot boxes, and “live service” BS. If any of that is there, this is going to be the first Halo game I’ll not buy at any point. It will be something I’ll play for a few hours on Game Pass and get rid of it as soon as I unlock all the achievements.
I think he means like halo reach were you earn credits to buy armor, but if its some garbage system then I agree with you that I'll not buy the game, only get the achievements using game pass and then delete it
<p></p>
10000% support to OP's thread.
Most likely there isn't really a reason why they shouldn't add them as they are another form of income to the developer so they aint really losing out.