Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Thomas Lasky carry a weapon in Halo Infinite?

OP TanEugene94

Ever since Halo: Forward Unto Dawn came out, will we see Thomas Lasky carry a weapon again in the upcoming Halo Infinite?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In what context are you referring? Like will the captain of a star ship have a side arm? Most definitely. Will he be in the campaign and fight alongside you? Maybe, but doubtful unless there's a level aboard the Infinity where you have to repel boarders or something.
I'd love to see Lasky in battle. In my opinion he's one of the best characters of 343's Halo games and I think he'd be a badass in a fight.
I think Lasky deep down wants to weild a weapon besides Master Cheif and take out some bad guys. I know I wouldn’t mind seeing that in Halo:Infinite or the upcoming Halo Tv series.
I don't think he needs to in order to be an awesome part of Infinite. But, maybe? Seriously though, I don't see how it would make or break anything one way or another.

As others have said, it makes next to zero sense that he'd be participating in any kind of intentional infantry movement, so if he does end up participating in trading fire with enemy forces, it'll almost certainly be in defensive and spontaneous circumstances. He's not like Sgt. Johnson; the last place the captain of the Infinity ought to be is directly on the battlefield, fully vulnerable to enemy attack. They could Star Trek it and have him there anyways, but it'd feel off given the precedent established with starship command in the Halo universe to date. Even leaving that aside, the lowest tiered Spartan IV's are more qualified to participate in battle than Lasky on mere combat prowess.
Lasky used a shotgun in the Spartan Ops cinematics. Both Jacob and Miranda Keyes have fought alongside the player at different points. So, maybe. I can totally see a Captain Lasky rescue mission happening on Zeta Halo.
kjbart wrote:
I'd love to see Lasky in battle. In my opinion he's one of the best characters of 343's Halo games and I think he'd be a badass in a fight.
He did run up to a Knight and smack it with a shotgun to blow it away.