Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will warzone return?

OP Madmangamer09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo 5 iconic implementation of warzone giving us endless challanges is why I keep coming back to halo 5 it isn't the story which was discombobulated and hard to follow from a new halo players standpoint and not alot of people know the random Intel points scattered throughout the missions can we see warzone or something like warzone coming back?
I hope Warzone does not return in Halo Infinite, it was an attempt to eradicate BTB imo. I also don't like the way it brings a pay to win element to Halo. If it returns, it needs to change.
I also like WZ, and the P2W isn't that bad. I think they already confirmed it to stay.
I bet it'll come back. For all the hate it got it was also very successful. I wouldn't mind it coming back but hope the req system will be revamped.
I'm sure some evolution of warzone will return, but I hope they don't completely neglect BTB again because of it
I wouldn't mind it's return. Even with Reqs but 343 needs to remove the worthless ones that just add ammo or improve fire rate but keep the unique ones that actually modify the weapons function.

They also need to have more AI on the map that fight amongst themselves. So phantoms are coming in and dropping elites. Pelicans come and drop marines etc etc maybe even have AI that take bases from both teams control
I hope not, it was everything that was wrong with Halo 4: The Gametype with the added "bonus" of lootbox gambling mechanics. Not to mention its inclusion cost the game developer BTB maps and wasn't even available for custom games.

Frankly it was everything wrong with modern Halo and I would rather see just about anything else return in its place.
I hope that firefight returns (not warzone firefight) and that warzone doesn't return.
i like warzone, but no with reqs and all those loadouts, it is pointless to have so many weapons, it breaks the flow of the game, thats my opinion.
If 343i lose most of the loadouts i want it back.
I hope warzone can evolve into something big & fun. H5 Warzone was ehhh.. But I see potential in it. Maybe one day it can compete with Battle Royale.
wz and wzff are both a lot of fun. up the variety and objectives, keep it fresh weekly/monthly and you'll have a ton of players on it. and while it might be sort of "pay to win", the fact that you can take down a level 9 phaeton or hannibal scorpion with a dinky little grenade or level 2 plasma pistol or level 4/5 camo, and you can hijack many vehicles as well, and pick up dropped enemy weapons, makes it pretty equitable. yes you will have those players that pay hundreds of dollars to unlock hundreds of top reqs but that's also why WZ stats don't count for anything. it's just a fun mode

agree on not neglecting btb -- the big difference is no cost for req weapons/vehicles in btb so it's a necessary game mode that needs many many many more original maps
Personally, I enjoyed warzone a lot. I bought the game the day it came out, so I was able to take advantage of the req system at the same pace everyone else did. If it did return, I would hope they would address that. As much fun as it was for me, if you were three months late to the party, let alone a year or more, you were at a huge disadvantage. Still running around late game with the assault rifle and pistol I see? Everyone else has the answer? Good luck with that ;)
"Wait, but you can pick stuff off from fallen foes!"
That is very true, but it's a lot more difficult to survive scavenging the battlefield hoping to find something decent than it is to simply spawn with something good.

Anyways, looking forward to what the future holds.
Please no. Bring back Invasion.
Please no. Bring back Invasion.
Invasion and BTB must not be neglected!
Halo 5 iconic implementation of warzone giving us endless challanges is why I keep coming back to halo 5
What's iconic about Warzone?
eviltedi wrote:
I hope Warzone does not return in Halo Infinite, it was an attempt to eradicate BTB imo.
Exactly this. Warzone wouldn't be so bad if I could have just ignored it and played a good BTB or BTB Heavies.
I also like WZ, and the P2W isn't that bad. I think they already confirmed it to stay.
Where did they confirm that?
I bet it'll come back. For all the hate it got it was also very successful.
It was successful because it was the only place in Halo 5 where you could play on large, open maps and use the most powerful vehicles and weapons. In other words, it was successful because 343 neglected BTB to the point that it couldn't compete with Warzone. Halo 5 didn't even have BTB at all in the beginning.
Halo 5 iconic implementation of warzone giving us endless challanges is why I keep coming back to halo 5
eviltedi wrote:
I hope Warzone does not return in Halo Infinite, it was an attempt to eradicate BTB imo.
Exactly this. Warzone wouldn't be so bad if I could have just ignored it and played a good BTB or BTB Heavies.
It was successful because it was the only place in Halo 5 where you could play on large, open maps and use the most powerful vehicles and weapons. In other words, it was successful because 343 neglected BTB to the point that it couldn't compete with Warzone. Halo 5 didn't even have BTB at all in the beginning.
Fair enough, WZ definitely did get more attention than BTB. Along with BTB not even being there at launch, it only got forge maps as well. BTB is so bad this time around the traffic is so low they're considering making it a rotational playlist or only having it on weekends or whatever it is.
eviltedi wrote:
Fair enough, WZ definitely did get more attention than BTB. Along with BTB not even being there at launch, it only got forge maps as well. BTB is so bad this time around the traffic is so low they're considering making it a rotational playlist or only having it on weekends or whatever it is.
They wanted WZ to be this big thing, their baby. That's why they left BTB out, so people would have to go to WZ. If they just give BTB some love and have it on release in H6 it will be popular. I mean it's still super popular in Reach. 343 is too prideful. I really hope they change their ways for the betterment of the game and Halo's community.
baaask wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
They wanted WZ to be this big thing, their baby. That's why they left BTB out, so people would have to go to WZ. If they just give BTB some love and have it on release in H6 it will be popular. I mean it's still super popular in Reach. 343 is too prideful. I really hope they change their ways for the betterment of the game and Halo's community.
Well hopefully part of their "going back to core" means giving BTB the effort it deserves.
I wouldn't mind if it made a return, but I'd rather see the old Firefight return more so.
I wouldn't mind if it made a return, but I'd rather see the old Firefight return more so.
I miss Reach's firefight. That was actually good solid fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2