Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Will Xbox players go to PC?

OP Prestige

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
I don't think the game is what we are expecting from past entries. I'm feeling a departure from what we know.

Saying that, it's hard to tell if a cross platform game would be that bad an idea. We really don't know anything at this point.

As for people leaving for fidelity reasons alone, I feel it would be based on these few things.
  • Do they already have a gaming rig?
  • Would they purchase one if not?
  • Would they leave their friend group if cross platform is not available?
  • Would their in-game progress carry over back and forth between platforms?
Prestige wrote:
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
Halo has litte PC presence, releasing Halo Infinite for PC and not including cross-play in a slightly restricted manner would just be suicide for the Halo PC side.

I am certainly going on PC as much as possible even of cross-play isn't enabled.

SBTTLS wrote:
I don't think the game is what we are expecting from past entries. I'm feeling a departure from what we know.

Saying that, it's hard to tell if a cross platform game would be that bad an idea. We really don't know anything at this point.

As for people leaving for fidelity reasons alone, I feel it would be based on these few things.
  • Do they already have a gaming rig?
  • Would they purchase one if not?
  • Would they leave their friend group if cross platform is not available?
  • Would their in-game progress carry over back and forth between platforms?
Cross platform is pretty much required neither is cross platform needed for ingame progress to carry over between platforms.
Halo Wars 2 wasn't initially cross platform but all things are stored globally so everything done on one platform is accessible on another.

In terms of cross platform:
-Coop
-Customs
-Social
-Possible survival modes
-Forge
-One or two experimental ranked playlists for research

People have additionally talked about adding options to disable being matched with players from other platforms and options to require a controller on PC.
I'm sure some people will get Infinite on the pc instead of Xbox, but I doubt there will be a mass exodus of console players. Not everyone likes gaming on a mouse and keyboard
Doubt I'll ever play many shooters on PC as I'm to set in controllers, learning KB+M to a controller would be a learning experience for me. Furthermore most of my friends are XB so I doubt I'll bail on them.

Cross play would be a nice addition as it adds more player pop, that said they should ensure there's an option to turn it on/off cause there are console players who won't play with PC and vice versa. It'll be an inevitable feature at some point if it's not in infinite, I think they just need to include it and work out the kinks before it really takes off.
I thought I gave up on Halo after Halo 5 but since Halo 6 will come to PC, Im willing to give them another chance since they have appealed to my convenience.
I don't have the funds, the space, the time or patience to faff around with a PC for gaming. I used to when I was younger, but I much prefer just switching on my Xbox and playing a game. That's where I'll be for Infinite
Naqser wrote:
Prestige wrote:
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
Halo has litte PC presence, releasing Halo Infinite for PC and not including cross-play in a slightly restricted manner would just be suicide for the Halo PC side.

I am certainly going on PC as much as possible even of cross-play isn't enabled.

SBTTLS wrote:
I don't think the game is what we are expecting from past entries. I'm feeling a departure from what we know.

Saying that, it's hard to tell if a cross platform game would be that bad an idea. We really don't know anything at this point.

As for people leaving for fidelity reasons alone, I feel it would be based on these few things.
  • Do they already have a gaming rig?
  • Would they purchase one if not?
  • Would they leave their friend group if cross platform is not available?
  • Would their in-game progress carry over back and forth between platforms?
Cross platform is pretty much required neither is cross platform needed for ingame progress to carry over between platforms.
Halo Wars 2 wasn't initially cross platform but all things are stored globally so everything done on one platform is accessible on another.

In terms of cross platform:
-Coop
-Customs
-Social
-Possible survival modes
-Forge
-One or two experimental ranked playlists for research

People have additionally talked about adding options to disable being matched with players from other platforms and options to require a controller on PC.
I don't want social cross play either. I don't want to log in ftp playmodes like BTB only to have a major disadvantage to kb&m.
Perhaps have it as a search function much like we have expanded ect right now. Then people don't HAVE to play cross platform. If we r forced to ill leave it on the shelf.
I got plenty of time to upgrade my rig so yeah probably will be playing on PC, all my xbox friends have moved on to other games or just getting on so late that i'm never able to play because first shift haha. I will still get in on console though, as I got plenty of memories playing the series thru the years.
Seeing the trend of Microsoft releasing their exclusives on both platforms I'd say its probable.
I'm sure some will, but I think it will still have a big console presence. Even if I was still a PC player, I would most likely still play Halo on Xbox since that's what I'm used to doing.
Naqser wrote:
Prestige wrote:
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
Halo has litte PC presence, releasing Halo Infinite for PC and not including cross-play in a slightly restricted manner would just be suicide for the Halo PC side.

I am certainly going on PC as much as possible even of cross-play isn't enabled.

SBTTLS wrote:
I don't think the game is what we are expecting from past entries. I'm feeling a departure from what we know.

Saying that, it's hard to tell if a cross platform game would be that bad an idea. We really don't know anything at this point.

As for people leaving for fidelity reasons alone, I feel it would be based on these few things.
  • Do they already have a gaming rig?
  • Would they purchase one if not?
  • Would they leave their friend group if cross platform is not available?
  • Would their in-game progress carry over back and forth between platforms?
Cross platform is pretty much required neither is cross platform needed for ingame progress to carry over between platforms.
Halo Wars 2 wasn't initially cross platform but all things are stored globally so everything done on one platform is accessible on another.

In terms of cross platform:
-Coop
-Customs
-Social
-Possible survival modes
-Forge
-One or two experimental ranked playlists for research

People have additionally talked about adding options to disable being matched with players from other platforms and options to require a controller on PC.
I don't want social cross play either. I don't want to log in ftp playmodes like BTB only to have a major disadvantage to kb&m.
Realistically, they could pull global cross play and say there's no cross play, and few would be able to notice.

The MMR you acquire is used to match players and is based on player performance, if kbm players perform better they'll get a higher MMR and you'll have a lower chance of matching them. Kbm players who perform badly which you do match with would be on your level and thus performance wise it'd make little difference between you.

Not only that but I don't believe PC players will flood Halo 6 in such numbers that it'll be an apocalypse for controller players.

Furthermore, social has been meant to be the laid back mode, which means it shouldn't really matter that much, and due to the looser MMR range criteria in previous Halo, massive stomps happened even with controllers.

However, I do value fair match, in ranked due to its nature and thus said that outside of one or two experimental playlists, shouldn't match kbm and controllers.
Prestige wrote:
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
I won't go to PC, I can't be bothered faffing around with a PC as mentioned by another user. I think some of the population will go to PC, but how many ? Well that's anyones guess. I do think there will be the option to have cross platform play though, MS are pushing for that.
Cross-platform could be a thing, but VERY limited due to the advantage of PC gamers. I personally would stick with Xbox because I can't afford a gaming rig.
Cross-platform could be a thing, but VERY limited due to the advantage of PC gamers. I personally would stick with Xbox because I can't afford a gaming rig.
Cross platform is perfectly possible just by requiring pc users to use a controller when entering those playlists. If little studios like Metalhead can figure it out I'm confident 343i can.
It's more of an economic question. Right now I don't have an Xbox or a PC that could conceivably run Halo:Infinite. Difference between consoles and PC's is that when you buy a game for a console, you load it and play it and that's that. When you buy a game for a PC, you're usually not done spending money. Gaming rigs are so expensive because you are not only competing against other players, you're also competing against their machines. I mean, if you want to you can spend $500 on a mouse just to give you an edge.

If money is an issue, you would probably go console since it's way cheaper than a gaming rig and there's no advantage to spending more. If you already have a gaming rig you're not going to buy a console. For me, the only reason to buy an Xbox is to play Halo. There are PC games I want to play but I don't have a gaming rig. If I sprung for a gaming rig and found out Halo: Infinite was available for PC, would I buy a console?

Good question.
Cross-platform could be a thing, but VERY limited due to the advantage of PC gamers. I personally would stick with Xbox because I can't afford a gaming rig.
Cross platform is perfectly possible just by requiring pc users to use a controller when entering those playlists. If little studios like Metalhead can figure it out I'm confident 343i can.
I mean, they could just start using M&K mid-game... unless the game intentionally disables it, forcing PC gamers to use controller. However, just like GameCheat easily created a modding tool for Halo 5, I'm sure someone could potentially create an application that overwrites this functionality.
If they can separate to only controller vs controller and Mouse+Keyboard vs Mouse Keyboard, for me it's completely fine.
stckrboy wrote:
I don't have the funds, the space, the time or patience to faff around with a PC for gaming. I used to when I was younger, but I much prefer just switching on my Xbox and playing a game. That's where I'll be for Infinite
Couldn't have said it better myself. I waited years to have enough money for a PC and now that I can easily build one myself, I'm far too busy to bother. I find it easier to kick back and switch on the Xbox.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7